Veeky Forums Challenge

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition: Thread 4!

The theme is announced on the 1st of every month, and submissions and voting are welcome all month!

SCORING GUIDELINES

We recommend an 'Iron Chef' style scoring system. This means you, the people of Veeky Forums, will judge each entry individually instead of deciding on what you feel is the "best" dish.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet your expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

This month we'll be trying out casual voting only.

The theme of April is..... Random a Spice!

Go to pastebin.com/EhEx9gHF for this month's instructions.

While you're perfectly welcome to make a large spread of food, please make sure there is clearly a "main dish" because that is what people will be voting on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0
pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg
i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg
i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BONUS CONTENT:

Introduction video explaining the challenge for you newbs: youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0

Photography guide:
Text version - pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
Vertical version - i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg

How to make webm: i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg

How to make verticals vertical: i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg

Also, I'm not Borneo, just posted the challenge under her name so it's easy to find.

Reposting the submissions from last thread

>1
Spice jar garlic roll.

Garlic Shrimp & Duck Liver Lap Ceung Sausage Cabbage Cups, Garlic Confit Marinated Grilled Scallions, Roasted Garlic Parmesan Crisps.

Walkthrough here:

Ginger Pork Stirfry. Ingredients were pork, ginger, garlic, carrots, broccoli, soy sauce, olive oil (was out of vegetable), salt, sesame oil, and hoisin sauce. - Face on a String

>3
(forgot to say >2 in the above post)

Poor Student Aglio e Olio - daggu

Vertical:

>4
Rosemary teriyaki skewers and carrots in a rosemary honey butter sauce - soccerpatches

Vertical:

>5
Basil ice cream - asdf

Vertical:

>6
Peking ginger pork wrap - Liq.

Walkthrough:

>7
Rosemary bean loaf w/ Rosemary carrot, potato, onion mash w/ Rosemary infused balsamic vinegar reduction drizzle - veganfag

Walkthrough:

>8
deviled ham spread made with parmesan cheese, cream cheese, chives, onions, ham, cayenne pepper, salt and some mustard - Hindenburg

>9
Garlic steak - !GINGERqAdE

>10
five-spice and lemon pepper coated chicken strips garnished with spring onion and red pepper. Served with a dipping sauce made from soy sauce, a dry vermouth & brown sugar mix (no mirin lol) and red & green chilis - s3krit

>11
potato-lentil soup - bogglechamp2012

>12
For your consideration, this elite "flyover style" lunch. A combination of bland flavors that can be found throughout middle America, all suited perfectly for the vanilla tastebuds of the typical consumer - Ya Dingus

>13
Chili Colorado - racer x

Walkthrough:

That's it, post yourself if I missed you.

Thanks user

Wish I wasn't a degenerate that day and plated better but oh well, it was tasty and there's always next month.

Thanks for the continuation thread.

I know its early but any idea what next months theme will be?

MNice here
Thread wasn't here last night so I didn't get to post
I'll make a vertical later

Linguine and mussels in a garlic white whine sauce (rolled garlic)

>implying there will be one next month
It seems like it's dying, senpai.

If there isn't another Borneo thread by the 28th, I'll whip one up and (if necessary) keep the contest going.
Also, thanks MNice
Saved for posteriors.

Is Borneo ok? Did the mods ban her?

Seconding this question.

That'd be cool if you could.

Wut?

lol, wut?

RIP in peace, B!
Tumours have it that you're dead.
I wish that we could have spent more internet time together, but I know that sometimes faggot nigger nigger faggot.

Thanks to whomever is carrying.

Love ya'll!

>Wut?
What's to "wut" about? The previous thread didn't just fall off the end of the board, some mod nuked it. And the OP isn't actually Borneo, it's someone who set up a new Challenge thread to help her preserve the current contest.

>some mod nuked it.
Holy shit! Just thought it fell off.

That's fucking bullshit.
Fucking why?
Jesus Christ... Veeky Forums is just taking a sinking plunge. It's always been shit, but... Really?
What kind of weird ass rules are there that you can spam Fazoli and Jack and Joey and McChicken and whatever else you feel like plugging but not create OC? Bizarre. Truely baffled.

the Veeky Forums mod has always been the worst on Veeky Forums

Borneo's voice is fap worthy. She should do a separate thread reading baking recipes with a Jenna Jameson spirit, like "let the dough rest then pound it into submission." That'd be hot af

(._. )