redpill me on whether we're living in a simulation Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

motls.blogspot.sk/2017/03/hossenfelder-sensibly-critical-of-our.html
motls.blogspot.sk/2017/03/aaronsons-delusions-about-universe-as.html
motls.blogspot.sk/2017/03/pizza-and-simulations-vs-renormalization.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I prefer the blue pill.

here we fucking go again

UNLIMITED POWER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If we live in a simulation why would they not just "shut down" us ? Why keep us alive in the first place ? You might be right it's can be like we are the "ants" of a young god who experiment us.

We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? You might just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all your life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer - and does your life gain or lose meaning based on your reaction to such solipsism?

My work gains meaning if this is true. If we are created, it is plausible that I may create.

What's the catch of having a lightbulb head?

Define simulation.

According to classical theories, including religion (those that predate modern theories), even if we're digital or not, it is a simulation.

A simulation of the flesh, is as much a simulation of the binary.

>if a scientist is running an experiment, why doesn't he just shut it down and trash the place?

Why WOULD they shut it down?

A simulation mimics the real world. So this would mean that there actually is a real world, that our universe is modelled after. So no, religions don't say we are simulation. Not every creation is a simulation.

I love the idea of our universe being a simulation because then probably most humans are just extremely well done NPCs. That's quite a comforting thought. Those millions of babies dying of war crimes, starvation, and diseases? Those millions of girls that got raped and tortured? Those millions of young men who fell in meaningless wars? Well all of them didn't really exist. The only people really existing is me and a small number of people for whom this simulation was created for whatever specific prupose.

>Semantics.
That is all.

Spotted the solipsist. If the simulation is advanced enough that human simulations are self-aware, then what exactly differentiates a 'player' from an 'NPC'? In other words, what makes you think the simulation revolves around you? What happens if you find out you're a bit player in someone else's story?

We arent. Motl redpill incoming:

motls.blogspot.sk/2017/03/hossenfelder-sensibly-critical-of-our.html

motls.blogspot.sk/2017/03/aaronsons-delusions-about-universe-as.html

motls.blogspot.sk/2017/03/pizza-and-simulations-vs-renormalization.html

Religions don't think there is a real world that this one is a simulation of. That is not just semantics, that is a fundemental difference.

Because I feel real. And the NPCs don't need to actually be self-aware, they just need to pass the Turing Test.

Define a simulation, that is quite literally semantics, I'm sorry if you missed that out in my original post.

So do I, and all the other would-be players. Get in line.

If our entire universe is a simulation, there is no reason why all of us aren't simulated beings as well. The fact that you can't just change reality on a mere whim should tell you at least that you're not in control.

We haven't encountered an error yet user.
So i'm pretty sure this is real life and the "were in a simulation" fags are just preaching that because they want to believe they are in the matrix.

> If we are created, it is plausible that I may create.
we have officially entered delusion territory.

Would it make any difference?

That's exactly what a NPC that has passed the Turing-Test would say.

What is the "delayed choice quantum erasure experiment"?

eraser* my mistake

that is a phenomena of quantum physics, not an error.
If it were an error then it would affect a lot more than simply the localized quanta.