Is it true Americans don't learn calculus is high school?

Is it true Americans don't learn calculus is high school?

It's optional, but only because we have to push the niggers through the school system somehow

Feels bad man

Oh my man speaking the truth!

If you think that is bad here in South Africa our "higher" grade maths just touches on basic differentiation in the final year

>tfw americunts don't have to learn calc in hs
>tfw americunts don't learn proofs in hs
>tfw americunts use imperial units

Most people don't use calculus and if you know algebra you can quickly learn calculus if you need to know it for your job.

This.

You have the option, but it isn't mandatory. Math K-12 is precalculus, in grade 12 you have an opportunity to take single variable calculus (limits,differentiation, applications of differentiation, integration, applications of integration, techniques of integration, further applications of integration, infinite series). Math education in America is an absolute joke, pre-calc can and should be done in grades K-10, leaving 11-12 open for courses in single variable calculus, linear algebra (with an introduction to proof, don't waste their time by making them do 10000 iterations of Gauss-Jordan elimination) and multivariable calculus. These courses would of course be optional, no point wasting the time of the non-mathematically inclined on that shit, let them explore their own interests in grades 11-12, but for fuck's sake, let's stop wasting everyone's time by spending 12 years learning pre-calculus.

eurotrash do not learn calculus either. or, if they do, it's really basic shit.

Sadly it is true. I also didn't learn any practical applications for my maths until university

Depends, if you're dumb you can just take shit like functions. Smarter students take AP Stats or Calculus AB or BC, also you can usually take classes at whatever local university by your sophomore year. T. Graduating High School Senior

I went to a charter school that you had to test to get in. You take what they call integrated math 1, 2, and 3 depending on your year. No matter what you'll have at least 1 year of calculus by your senior year. You can also test out, so some of my classmates were taking 2 or 3 years of Calc.

Is there any country where you learn calculus on HS?

Did Calc I my senior year, with like two weeks worth of teasing Calc II towards the end. But that was for the "honors" students. IIRC the math stops at geometry and everything after that was optional, at least in my area

It seems americucks can finish HS without learning trig t

Of course they do. They even invented a stupid meaningless name for it. I think it's "calculus" or something like that.

It's also true up here in Canada too. You can choose to end your math with combinatorics or continue onwards, in another class, with calculus.

Lmfao, are you from BC? Back in this user's day, we did combinatorics, discrete probability AND statistics in math 12. This new precalculus 12 course is nonsense >:(

> >:(
Stop that.

Yeah I am from BC. Combinatorics and probability are still part of math 12, but I never learned any statistics any course. Hell, we only covered basic Chi-square analysis in biology and that was it.

I took it junior year of high school. But obummer's common core is making it so that you'll take PRECALC in SENIOR year. It's so fucking dumb imo.

At my HS you have an option for senior year: Discrete mathematics, Calc I, or Calc II.

Inner city public high school with a 70% black student population. Is this rare?

Former IB Math Studies student, here. For 2 years we only did algebra and logic tables. We learned the power rule, but not what derivatives were. It was pretty shitty. High school math left my unprepared for college. That's what you get when you go to a nig nog school.

>Math studies
Well that's your own fucking fault for choosing a math level designed for literal morons who are more "artistic" at least standard covers calculus.

here in italy we get to ODEs

>Former IB
>pretty shitty
What?

>Math Studies
Oh, there we go. I have no idea why a STEM student would go that route; that SL is only there for the future humanities or arts majors.

There are two types of countries; those that use the metric system and those that have their flag on the moon.

Not my choice. My high school didn't offer IB Mathematics. Just Math Studies. The school was a complete joke. Our programming classes used Game Maker.

You should have taken the regular classes then bro. Studies is literally made for retards who feel too special for math

China, Japan and Korea.

Wrong, there are two kinds of countries: those that use the metric system and those where you're fucked if you get anything more than a cold and where you starve if you lose your job.

Sounds like hell desu

Nice, me too. I was the last of the "Principles of Mathematics 12" program, they switched to precalculus 12 after I left high school. I can only imagine the butchering a biology teacher did of ChiSquared. Are you interested in mathematics?

Except NASA uses metric now you dipshit.

In Alberta, you don't need calculus to graduate, but you won't get into any universities if you don't take it. STEM fields of course.

>be NASA
>switch from godly imperial to brainlet metric
>replace qualified scientists and engineers with proud womyn of color
>get outclassed by private companies in every way imaginable
Really........... makes.................. you.............

THINK

>Be Lockheed Martin.
>Use BRITISH Imperial units.
>Throws shit when NASA gets confused.

I have to take "college algebra" for uni

>those that use the metric system and France.
What did he mean by that?

took it in soph yr of hs then calc 2 in junior yr then stats in senior (ap's) public hs in cali

Man, that joke is like a McDonald's burger. It never gets old, but it does somehow become less appetizing.

Depends on what high school and what program really, and even then the calculus is rudimentary, like showing you how to do derivatives and not describing the fundamental theory of calculus or Riemann sums

>implying anyone has ever been on the moon

Hey Italian Bro
Facciamogli credere che tutti i licei siano come gli scientifici che รจ meglio

Esatto

Spain for example

didn't know nasa was a country.

I went to a school in Washington with ~70% indians and 10% russians and most people took differential equations in 11th grade and then introductory real analysis in 12th grade

(not too complex, but decent: limits and continuity of functions, sequences, series tests, absolute convergence, uniform convergence, power series, improper integrals, uniform continuity, fundamental theorems on continuous functions, theory of the Riemann integral)

calculus i-iii was basically completed by 10th grade by most people

It depends on your school: if its well funded you have the option of Calc BC for calc 2 credit at a college

if its near a nigger city or teachers dont give a fuck (lazy, undergrads hired as 'teachers' ) then prolly up to pre-calculus.

America is the richest and most powerful nation in human history. why do you europoorians and chinamen folk make these threads? yea, yea thanks for doing my homework dweebs after turning it in I'm getting a cheese burger and a blowjob. thanks for all your hard work bud.

What're you on about mate? When I was in high school you could take Calc through Infinite Series in the 11th grade and then take a higher math at the nearby university in the 12th grade. This way, students who want to pursue higher maths can and those who don't care don't have to. Seems alright to me.

I took vector calc in Highschool my senior year.
It depends on how smart you are.
As had said, we need to get the retards through school somehow.

I honestly blame our primary schooling for finding ways to reward mediocrity and protecting students against criticism from others.

INDOCTORINATED FOOLS
ILL INFORM YOU SOMEDAY
YOURE NOT THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED LOSER
KEEP IT UP AND THE WORLD IS GONNA ROLL YOU

the thing is they probably feel smart do to the american public systems low expectation

Poland

>Is it true Americans don't learn calculus is high school?

BASIS Charter schools...all freshman (9th year) must take AP Calculus.

>ODEs
Italian bro here, what are you on about? They only teach them in SOME (aka: the ones in the north that are not populated by arabs and nogs) licei scientifici. Most high schools in general (licei) only go up to integrals.

Yes

Germany.

Australia

In the UK you can stop learning maths at 16 were the most you'll know is how to solve quadratics / basic trig / etc
You can also opt to do "Additional Maths" and learn basic integration, differentiation, among other things.
At 16 you can choose to keep doing maths. The calculus you learn is integration and separable ode's.
You can also do a another subject "Further Maths" where you do lots more stuff, including second order linear ode's and basics of partial derivatives.

Oh yea in Further Maths we also did Integrating Factors.
God Save the Queen for not making me have to subjects like Literature / History until age 18.

Yep. Those who did are usually the smart students who did well enough in other classes to take AP calc (college credit). That means you also probably had to be smart in middle school to start in trigonometry freshman year instead of Algebra 1

Si avete ragione, ho solo considerato la scuola che ho fatto io.

Here's the path an average student would take in high school. Midwest USA.

Algebra 1 > Geometry > Algebra 2 > Pre-calculus

Algebra and pre-calc can be honors.. which means you just cover more and move faster

>american
>took Calculus in high school (1 and 2)
>learned proofs in most of my math classes
>used metric in all math and science classes

It's optional in Canada, stats in optional too. Most of the students at my high school took calculus and stats both though.

Anyone can take calculus in HS if they choose to. I went to public high school and took calculus my junior year (year 11 for you Euros) and it covered everything from an introduction to limits, differentiation, integration, Taylor Series and polynomial approximation.

Because the American system is run by Jews, though, you have to pay money for a special exam the end of the year. If you don't meet your chosen college's necessary score on the exam (regardless of how well you did in the class) you have to pay to take the classes there.

For what it's worth, our grade 12 math was Statistics and Probability.

I almost dropped out of high school, though, and didn't go to college for years. Had to go back and take calc 1-4 in college when I started.

In the early 1980s we had it in our Freshman year along with Algebra 2. I've no fucking clue now.

In LAUSD you can graduate from HS with just Algebra 2

Yes

Bermuda has their flag on the moon?

Wrong

>Not starting university at 16 and learning calc there

Get on my level brainlet

The United States.

If your school isn't shit that is.
And even if you go to a shit school they will offer you college credit to take the course.

>not doing hl math
found your problem

>tfw flip flappers is posted outside of /a/

It's a miracle.

I took Calculus I my sophomore year of high school and Calculus II my junior year. Could've gone on to linear or multivariable, but didn't

CA here

what are proofs?

Guatemala
at least my school did

You dont need to learn calculus to deliver pizza,flip burgers, do accounting or hold a rilfe so it isn't a big lose is you dont learn it,not like they teach math in public school anyway.

Yeah. I did calc in high school abroad but the fuckers at my uni wouldn't give me credit for it and the intro level algebra and trig courses were taken by the vast majority of freshmen. Even then those dumb spastics were struggling with that elementary shit. American """""universities""""" lmao

Didn't realize Guatemala had discovered calculus yet

Ikr

United Kingdom,
If you take A-LEVEL maths

Good for you. That means you attended a school comparable to an average European school.

Flip Flappers is nice, t b h.

t Hello US and A.

any country in Europe

why are americucks so dumb?

I graduated high school taking nothing higher than Algebra 2. Had to waste a whole year of college playing catch-up.

i didnt because i went to a redneck high school. the whole 'ivies accept poor people' is a meme. no ivy would accept despite being intellectually gifted -- poor school meant no AP courses for me!

Then I guess that shows how ignorant you are despite the fact that you boast about knowing calculus.

Spot the Computer Science major.

Metric is what the USA uses for anything scientific though.

Any non-retarded student already takes 1, if not 2 years of calc in HS. Now back to /a/, pedophile.

>tfw americlap
>tfw learned the metric system and basic proofs in my sophomore year

I took the AP course in HS and got to finish Calc I.

As long as you're not a fucking potato, you'll most likely be taught Pre-Calculus or AP/BC Calculus.

Basic Calculus, yes. Anything past basic differential equations and you have an issue with comprehension.

>tfw you get cucked out of life
Stop being a bitch and DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIFE NI--!

Because they're salty little faggots who refuse to accept American Supremacy.

Only like 20 ppl out of 400 in my high school took it.
In college you need to take (((college algebra))) and precalculus before calculus unless you can pass some simple test.
Calculus 1 is generally considered a 2nd year course except in certain colleges.
Most ppl struggle enough with (((college algebra))) and I even have a friend with a social """"science"""" bachelor's degree that never took it.

At any respectable Liberal Arts college, Calculus 1 is a freshman course.

>gets "advanced math education" from a young age
>ends up shitposting with anime avatars on Veeky Forums
Where did it all go so wrong, user?

Why don't /sci threads get archived? wtf

Nah some of our schools have it
t. I took calc II my junior year