MUSHROOMS

I fucking love mushrooms.

Pls post your favorite dishes in which mushrooms are a primary ingredient, and your favorite ways to cook or use them

I love them too. Mushroom risotto hard to beat especially with loads of mushrooms and bacon

Truffles were great, but not worth the price paid. People hype up Shitake, and Enoki so much, but after living in a place where they were literally everywhere and were fine but not great, Im worried that the mushrooms I haven't had yet like morel and chanterelle simply aren't worth it

just tried a mushroom vinaigrette salad dressing, really had more mushroom flavor than i was expecting. pretty good/10

Sauteed in butter & garlic

I don't cook with mushrooms at all - what would be a good entry point into a meal that focuses on them as the star of the meal, instead of as a side?

Good ole butter and olive oil. That's all you really need to sauteed them and you are set for a nice evening.

Vegetarian chopped liver is mushrooms blended with walnuts. I have some in my fridge right now and it's great.

Get a portobello, marinate the cap in balsamic and some herb for ~15 minutes, grill it up and put it on a bun with some goat cheese, fried onion and your leafy green of choice.

Get one of those larger portobellos or shiitakes, remove stem, marinate in soy sauce, grill it whole in a frying pan with butter, a bit of olive oil, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.

It literally feels like you are eating something like a steak if you do it right. Serve with rice and veggies and maybe an egg with the yolk running.

My parents used to grill those like you described and eat them between buns like a burger. It's great.

I had bacon grease in a pan from the night before and shitake mushrooms I didn't want to waste so I sauteed them then deglazed the pan with spiced rhum. Best mushrooms I ever had.

It's also hard to beat a good mushroom risotto but there's no point in giving a recipe you should know about that already

Another quick french-inspired one, take the stem out, turn a couple of porcini (or cup-like) mushrooms, grill with salt, pepper and olive oil to extract moisture and start caramelization, then in a saucepan use some diced shallots, escargots, blue cheese and cream. Bring to a simmer then remove from heat. Fill each mushroom with an escargot and the blue cheese sauce and gently broil to desired doneness of the mushrooms.

I hate the ex that showed me that one but it's amazing. I'll have to try it again with classier escargots, not canned ones.

The photos are shite but it was the best meal I've had in a long time. I'm hoping I can get my hands on some more of these god-tier shrooms.

mmm...

Soak in water for a few minutes and rinse
>repeat
dirt really likes to hide in those nooks and crannies

Last one, mind you I hated mushrooms for all my childhood and early adult life.

And that's the recipe that made me start loving them: Vietname home style peanut-butter chicken, take a can of coconut milk, add a spoon of spice paste (thai red curry is great), a spoon of fish sauce, a spoon of sugar, a spoon of lime juice (hit all tastes: spicy, salty, sweet, sourness) that's your base curry, add finely sliced raw chicken and mushrooms (or basically anything) let it cook thoroughly, add 2 spoons or more of peanut butter. Serve with crispy fried spinash leaves sprinkled with sugar

This ain't rocket surgery

>peanut oil
>350F
>about 3 minutes or until golden crispy
don't overcrowd

Drain on paper towel for a couple minutes and add a dash of salt while the oil is still hot on it

best mushroom

I love my mushrooms

bought
dried shiitake
morel

found outside
chanterelle
porcini mushroom
rough-stemmed boletus, red boletus
parasol
and some more
the tastiest ones are russulas but they pose a bit of a risk

Pic related are the best ones

These taste like shit but they have other properties

Are Grilled portobello Mushrooms really as good as everyone makes them out to be? I'm tempted to get some next time I grill out to try it, but I'm concerned about not cooking them right since I usually only pan fry normal shrooms.

Any tips?

Cook them like a raw meat burger, slow and low with a little bit of oil or butter in the pan.

>these taste like shit
don't underestemate those mushrooms
they are great
Eating them is a once in a lifetime experience

More than once actually. I ended up grinding them and making a lemon-sugar tea otherwise I would gag on them.

chanterelle is one of my favorites. very nice, mellow taste. I like them in crepes with some creamy sauce
porcini is another one I like a lot, though it is a bit expensive. fortunately the taste is really strong so you can use less of them in most dishes

saute onions
add chantarelles
add heavy cream
add salt n pepper
serve with fettuchine
wala

>forgot broth,
sorry ยด!

Oyster mushroom have the best texture.

Morels are worth it if you can find them

i occasionally make a super poor man's mushroom soup where i use as many different mushrooms as i can get my hands on and just dump em into a pot with water and light seasoning

i dont think i can properly convey to you how much i remember and miss just their flavor, let alone their experiences.

How do i prepare these

russian roulette a la mushroom

>soak in water
Dont just give them a quick rinse water causes them to disintegrate

Oh, this old "mushrooms are sponges" meme.

Enjoy your feces ingestion and potential helminth colonization.

literally the only drug i've done i'm still positive towards

Morels are fucking awesome. I live in the northwest and there are some to be found out in the woods.

Need help with this one not sure what sort it is
But looks edible

rub it on your skin and see if it gives you a rash.

Pic related

No rash tho, touched my nose on it accidentally when i smelled it, few hrs ago

Fuck yeah. This.

No, you fucking spastic. Chopped liver is chopped liver. Mushrooms blended with walnuts is mushrooms blended with walnuts.
I would much rather eat the latter. But why in the eleven fucks would you need to lie about what it is?

This also looks fucking amazing. Will definitely be trying something similar soon.

Nice dubs gets you an honest reply.
If fresh picked, don't wash them, just remove as much dirt as possible by hand. Eat them on an empty stomach.
If you really want to put them in food, make a really stacked pizza. The mushrooms go right on the tomato sauce base, then cover them with all the toppings. Heat, particularly direct radiant heat, will destroy the... delicate nature of these mushrooms.

It's called vegetarian chopped liver because it's called vegetarian chopped liver. I didn't name it.

Thanks yall, I'll try it out

You're calling him the spastic? Do you get your panties in a twist when someone says tofu bacon?

Can i eat raw mushrooms? I ate a load of raw mushrooms earlier as I didnt know you were supposed to cook them

you can
at least once

it is its a pheasant back best eaten when small.
if its to big it gets woody

>tofu bacon
Spastic.

why are mushroom threads the most comfy

i don't have much knowledge
but i can share that my scrambled eggs are improved greatly with the addition of mushrooms
they add a great earthy taste