Redpill me on metric vs imperial measurements? Which one is objectively superior?

Redpill me on metric vs imperial measurements? Which one is objectively superior?

Metric, powers of ten.

Enough said.

Europeans need the metric system to scientifically measure their microscopic penises.

Metric, because "furlong" isn't an intuitive measurement.

>one is used by nearly all countries in the world
>the other is used by amerikeks and some random country
Gee, I wonder which is the best.

But muh american exceptionalism

And yet here you are, still complaining about it like a little bitch.

Both are irrelevant except you are a numerical monkey. But why would you want to be one?

>water has a density of ~62 lbs per 'cubic foot' at some tarded Fahrenheit measure.

>Not 1 kg/L at 4 degrees C.

Da fuq you want that shit for?

Britain is strange, we use an odd mixture of metric and imperial.

For instance, if a car crashed, we would say X miles per hour, but if we were asked the weight of the car it would be X kilograms, or X metric tons.

I don't know why, can anyone explain?

Because you're hipster europe
>driving on wrong side
>not euro as money
>not pure metric measurements
>not connected to other countries
>not funny

:^)

Certainly true with the resurgence of "Imperialist Britain", or at least the mindset (Brexit).

I've actually never quite thought of it like that, we're that father at the PTA meetings who's children are the Quarterback (US), that gay guy who likes drama (Canada); stoner drunk (Australia) and the class freak (New Zealand) who tries to dress up like the cool kids, but still rants and raves on about "The War".

:^)

More like mother, fuckin queers.

foots, nails, heads, hands, half fingers and cats' ears vs powers of ten

>posting an obviously biased pic with buzzwords like "retarded" and "arbitrary"
>expecting to be taken seriously

You realize it's an edit of the original version of this, right

engineer here
metric is easily objectively superior
however
it is no where as superior as it would need to be in order to justify the complete overhaul of the US's industrial institutions. At the end of the day, most metric tricks such as 1g/cm3 water dont actually hold true at nonideal conditions. Celsius is no more intuitive than fahrenheit (kelvin and rankine are equally superior).

you all talk trash on engineers but get so butthurt about having to perform unit conversions, thats like 2nd grade math m8

Engineer defense force aside, this. Celcius is also actually worse for real world applications anyway
>100f = hot
>0f = cold
>100c = dead
>0c = kind of cold

Remembering two numbers for when water freezes/boils is a lot easier than basing an entire scale on it

>imperial
you mean "American", but
haven't the wit to know it

>Celcius is also actually worse
...especially when misspelled.

>metric is easily objectively superior
For shit like science labs and industry, absolutely.

Real life measurements? Nope. SAE is far better because it's based off of real life scale things.

>you mean "American", but
...you're aware that the UK isn't fully metric, aren't you

Metric is better and I say that as an american.
powers of 10 makes more sense than the randomness of imperial.

Redpill me on binary vs decimal numbers? Which one is objectively superior?

>nonideal conditions
Like some nigger fucking up the pounds to kilograms conversion when refueling an airliner?

Engineer here.

Fuck off.

Frankly i don't want to fucking spend a day calculating the weight of a volume of water.

SI units are fast and easy.

Next you'll be saying that roman numerals are better than poo in loo numbers

We have cool paper boats though, you should kys.