y'' = 2 > 0 for all x therefore convex

I thought so, but the book i was reading said concave

well the book is wrong

it's concave upwards

nobody says it like that

khan academy says so.

it's redundant

No.
Pic related makes more sense than your stupid conventional way of naming graphic properties.

that's literally the fucking opposite

have fun never being taken seriously with your "super special (retarded) way" of solving problems

>tfw the sheeple follows blindessly the conventional way.

I've heard a different terminology for this before. Some books seem to refer to concavity as being either 'up' or 'down'. The curve in your post could be described as 'concave up'.

You fucking double niggers. Here is the super easy way to determine convex and concave properties.

>if the average y value of two different points is higher than the the y values in the interval the function is concave in that interval
>if the average y value is lower than the the y values in the interval the function is concave

>Is it concave or convex?
convex obviously

>pic related

I'm pretty sure in italy we use this way

it's concave upwards

>spanish

Kys

Whats the name of this shitty book?

nice thread, made me reminisce. the way i was taught back in calc 1, it's "concave up"

come to think about it, we didn't talk about a 2d graph being "convex" ever, it was either "concave down" or "concave up"

That's how we said it in AP Calculus AB and BC
Unless I answered those questions wrong on the test and still got 5s

>we didn't talk about a 2d graph being "convex" ever, it was either "concave down" or "concave up"

because it makes much more sense and is easier to keep straight

concave up convex convex down
concave down concave convex up