Why do you write?

why do you write?

Because there are books I would like to exist that don't.

My ego wills it.

how is writing not living my life, you stupid whore?
who are you to decide what one needs to do in order to live their life?
god i hate normies.

It's survival

It's the only thing in the world that gives me relaxation from my depression, anxiety, and such. It's also a way to discover things about myself that I didn't know before writing in the spur of the moment, so it's fulfilling in that sense I suppose. When I am not in a creative process I start to go a little crazy, I start getting depressed again and become very incapacitated.

I would much rather spend my days writing and reading than doing drugs, watching tv, playing videogames, and other forms of relaxation. It's just better than that stuff to me, I don't know.

for shits and giggles

taken out of context

are you ever afraid that you can't do it?

does writing ever make you anxious? for example not being able to achieve something you pictured prior to writing. or do you not plan ahead when writing?

lol I assumed she was going to say something about 'white cis males' or supporting Hillary

Planning ahead everything beforehand is a surefire way to turn it into dogshit. You could possibly get anxiety from expectations you set for yourself I suppose.

The only thing I write down for a skeleton are extremely vague concepts completely out of context yet intriguing to myself. They could be related to anything, such as a childhood memory, or a random object I saw yesterday, literally anything that is possible within the human brain. And then I try to incorporate them into the context of the work, it could be very minimal or it can take up several pages.

The only expectation I set for myself is that I work hard every day, because I believe hard work yields success and approach means very little.

>are you ever afraid that you can't do it?
Not really. I'm sure I can reach mediocrity at least and a mediocre book pandering to own taste will good enough.

*will be

spoken like someone who writes realistic stories. I have no idea why people write without ideas or without a love of playing with words. I guess I write because there are things you can't do in reality, things which won't combine, or are unlikely or impossible, like events coinciding because the words sound the same, or people who are more ideal than animal.

Because I'm a pervert who can't draw.

I don't lol

Lately find myself with the urge to express myself visually though. Kind of wish I'd taken a drawing or filmmaking class while I was in college.

Actually I have developed the habit of writing brief reviews of novels or films I like. I do this to catalog my thoughts.

to organize ideas

>blah blah blah I think there is only one proper writing process
Jesus christ

To know myself better than I have in the past

Sorry, replied to wrong post
was meant for

Idk, this sort of thinking falls apart when it comes to world building.

Self-applied narratives are false to the degree that they are not literal descriptions of molecular arrangements.

i don't know, and i feel like that is why what i'm writing turns out bad :(

it's probably just your lack of talent and learning

you should probably read more

is it working?

Outrage: that the world isn't what I want it to be, that people don't do what I want them to do and that I can't live with or without it.

sadie smith sounds like such a low-iq pseud

It's the only thing I ever been told I was good at growing up. It's not my main thing at the moment, but hopefully one day.

she's an affirmative action writer

I'm with you pal.

good goy, let the propaganda take hold of you

>how is writing not living my life

literally not even implied. You just suck at reading.

This TBHfamilia
There's an excruciatingly small amount of Tomboy smut out there

I love world building. I do it all the time with random concepts. Sometimes I hit on a combination of ideas, characters and narrative that I like and I try to write it.

The first short story of mine that ever won an award was only approximately 1500 words in length. However, despite it playing little to no part in the story I know the preceding 30 years of events that led to that moment. I have since written a dozen other stories in that world, some removed from one another by a century of time. I understand the progression and development of my fictional world, why characters from the same time period have different political and religious beliefs, what caused that schism and how that plays into the overall timeline.

Part of the reason I continue to write is because it's one of the few things I have been consistently good at, throughout my life. When I was a Child, I wrote simple stories that my friends and teachers liked. When I was a teenager I entered dozens of short-story competitions and won a decent number of them. Now I want to write something bigger. A full saga, spanning a number of interconnected novels. I think I have an Idea big enough for it to work, but I won't know until I try. That excites me.

I enjoy it, and getting stuff published make me feel like I've accomplished something. Plus I guess there's a kind of therapeutic thing, maybe, but not to any large degree.

Keep up the good work, I'd pay for it if it read like Bengali in literature form
post some

Hentai
I'm not a phoneposter I swear

Narcissism

I'll post some of my Bengali stories when there all edited, Which won't be for a while.

It feels less hard than not writing.

For the same reason I read. To create another world in my mind and to escape.

I tried not to and I got constipation dreams

i feel like i can and have nothing better to do

Because writing is the shit taking of the soul

to see my mind at a distance

hmm