What's your favorite part of Chemistry? Organic is cool but kinda hard to grasp sometimes

What's your favorite part of Chemistry? Organic is cool but kinda hard to grasp sometimes

Organic is easy but boring (no math) inorganic seems a bit more fun, more maths involved and it's overall more interesting. Physical chem, though I haven't taken it yet seems pretty fun too.

That one class in industrial where we oversaw the prof's meth operation.

Got some really useful contacts in the Sons of Silence. Not really a good item for the CV but a ton of useful, real world lessons learned.

does virology count?

Physical chemistry is cool but a bad teacher can kill the subject. The subject matter is fascinating but I like its applications even more so I'm personally more fond of molecular modeling.

Synthetic organic chemistry gets my dick hard.

aint no other shit than taste(food) and pyrotechnics

im not sophisticated enough to give a shit about anything else

makind rugs lol (weed)

How's breaking bad going? You finish it yet?

it is a part of biology, son

im taking pchem now, and the abstract nature of QM just pisses me off

but i still like it, any tips on how to git gud at this?

>the abstract nature of QM just pisses me off
Change your major

it's pretentious comment like these that make me study harder and ace exams

thank you, virgin

Hard to say. Physical chemistry is very interesting. But the lab work is often pretty boring. There I prefer inorganic chemistry. Which can still have a lot of interesting theory and maths and you can also have quite a bit of organic chemistry, too.

Chemistry is a spook

Reading the book on my own helped. Atkins is kinda shit at explanations in my opinion but it was a good start. After reading Atkins I switched to another more rigorous book.

>theory
pchem
>labwork
achem

One of the biggest regrets of my undergrad career is that my University doesn't give inorganic chemistry lab, it's a small school and I guess we don't have the resources. It's a shame too, the professor who gives inorganic chem in my uni is top notch.

I like building instruments for physical chemistry. Can be a pain in the ass if there's no funding so you are scraping it together from HP rejects older then yourself but it's rewarding. I regret not being able to take inorganic or instrumental at my school.

chemical engineer here
we get to learn the boring but useful
chemistry, rate laws and characterization etc. Pretty disappointed at the lack of chemistry throughout the cirriculum. Taking pchem for fun next semester

Organic is cool once you get into it, but don't over think it. At the end if the day, it really is just cooking

Biochemistry is its own beast, I enjoy reading about it a lot but experimental biochem is very difficult and mistakes are generally expensive

Inorganic is the most classic kind of chemistry- pretty colored solutions, redox reactions, actually using the whole periodic table, etc. Nanotechnology is dope too.

Analytical chem is boring as fuck, that shit's for nerds

Physical and theoretical chemistry will always be my favorites. Only using these can you use observations and conclusions from every other field of chemistry to seek great insight about the nature of matter and entropy. Thermodynamics and Quantum Mechanics are the only methods that at least attempt to explain what matter actually is and why it does what it does

To do in a lab organic is fun, but you just follow recipes a lot
Physical is the best as it seems to be the most predictive and mathematical