How do you cope with the misery of life?

I have been feeling dead inside since I was 18 and it only has gotten worse, especially since my 11-years-old German Shepherd died last month.

I see no easy way out from this state.

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/compendium_ccc/documents/archive_2005_compendium-ccc_en.html#The
youtube.com/watch?v=AGChB-lInlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I dont

Pancakes and a golden retriever.

shrug it off and pretend it doesn't affect me

i.e. become desensitized

By reading of course (or other escapist methods). Doesn't really work anymore now though that i'm a wagecuck. Getting close to pulling the trigger m8.

take a fuckload of psychedelics, you'll be a changed man.
by the end you'll either be in a mental institution or a taoist

vatican.va/archive/compendium_ccc/documents/archive_2005_compendium-ccc_en.html#The Profession of Faith

This is unironically my escape plan for the next time I think the suicidal thoughts are about to win out
Then I'll ditch everything I own and be a crazy homeless man for a bit

youtube.com/watch?v=AGChB-lInlA

Oh yeah shrooms are actually the only paych I've tried. It was definitely a good experience. Weed does nothing but make me content to sit around watching cartoons, I really don't get why it's so popular when other drugs have actual amazing experiences.

See a theraphist and take your meds and you'll stop being depressed. You're not thinking right at the moment.

I don't want my family to know I'm depressed

You need friends and family bro.

You don't. In losing all friends, family and material possessions you return yourself to the state of nothingness; mud. The lotus flower grows in mud. It's the prettiest flower desu.

>Just being sad for a little while
>Not being uncertain if there's a personality under your depression
Fucking
P L E B

Take the Tao pill.

>taking psychedelics while in a shitty state of mind

N O P E

>waaa my dog died

Just get another one.

i fetishize and revel in the negative aspects of my life, transforming them into the objects of idealization and desire

I know we are on the Anonymous fourchan, but fuck you man.

Im going to make a blogpost and I dont give a fuck
This is the only place where I feel I can get honest answers
Im sick of the whole "pills" deal
I've been diagnosed with depression and bipolar disorder
I feel physical pain on my lowest lows, like if I was bleeding out
Suicidal thoughts are an everyday thing to me
In the mornings I struggle to get out of bed
My mood changes every 20 minutes
Music and literature are the two only things in the world that make sense to me
I just cant trust the whole "mental illness" bullshit, it feels like a scam
I've always been like this, would I be myself without what these people call "illness"?
How am I supposed to feel "ok" in a world like this?
How is it that people who live their lifes not giving a fuck about this whole world going to hell are the "sane" ones?
I keep reading people saying how SSRI fucked them even more
Who can i even trust anymore?
I started taking lamotrigine for the bipolar but Im not touching anti-depressants
>inb4 kill yourself

How old are you? What is your life like? I would describe what I feel very similarly to what you have described as what you feel. I am interested in your situation

Im 19 years old, male NEET, middle class, third world country, disfunctional family but a very loving one

I think I do this too.
I'm not depressed, though I have no friends and no social or professional life. I do have a medical problem that is currently invading most every part of my life.
I would like very much for it to go away, but I revel in my ability to not let it ruin me. I look at social media of my old friends who are doing better than I am and get some sort of satisfaction.

>being a fag

Do you have any friends? How does your family treat you? What ambitions or desires do you have socially, professionally, or artistically?

I ask because
>I feel physical pain on my lowest lows, like if I was bleeding out
>Suicidal thoughts are an everyday thing to me
>In the mornings I struggle to get out of bed
>My mood changes every 20 minutes
>Music and literature are the two only things in the world that make sense to me
all of these are me.

I've noticed that the worst part of the experience is thinking that the situation can't get better. The future seems awful and like there is nothing that can make it okay. During these periods, I have no fantasies about anything. Nothing can make life worth living.

Sometimes after I have been randomly put into social situations (i am university, so sometimes these things happen even though I have no friends) and have not been autistic, I feel much better. I will never and can never be a normalfag, but it makes me realize that maybe all I need is a friend or two to feel like somebody likes me.

I then hold onto these thoughts when I cycle back to the down period. As I said, what made those the worst was not seeing any sort of way out. If I try my hardest to remember that no matter how bad I have felt before, I have always at some later time managed to feel good. This is what inspired my opening questions of this post. Is there anything like this for you---something that feels regenerative?

I too do this.

>thinking right

this, seriously; sample size of one, anecdotal evidence, etc., but I started having occasional auditory hallucinations when I took acid and shrooms a bunch of times one year in a depressed state -- the trips were often pure agony, too

aka become a cuckold

Having willpower to get out of bed and talking a cold shower is a good start.

>taking a shallow, legendary point-misser who delivers books worth of myth of sysphus-tier philosophy seriously because he's taken seriously on the literature board of an anime forum, which only ever became the case because reddit/badphilosophy had a semi-ironic stirner phase, and crossposters spread the meme

Sorry about the doggo, that can be really rough.

this so much

read siddhartha too, and read zen mind: beginner's mind by Suzuki

>Do you have any friends?
I think I have 2 or 3 at max real friends
>How does your family treat you?
Good, but my family has always been a psychological war field, Im too lazy to go into detail

>socially
Finding the right partner, hopefully have a kid or 2
>professionally
being able to pay my own rent and food
>artistically
I dont know, I dont think Im talented enough, Im always making chord progressions on my guitar and playing with non-standard tunnings
I wish I could find musicians with a similar vision or taste to mine
Talking about this gives me nausea

>I've noticed that the worst part of the experience is thinking that the situation can't get better. The future seems awful and like there is nothing that can make it okay. During these periods, I have no fantasies about anything. Nothing can make life worth living.

I relate

>Sometimes after I have been randomly put into social situations (i am university, so sometimes these things happen even though I have no friends) and have not been autistic, I feel much better. I will never and can never be a normalfag, but it makes me realize that maybe all I need is a friend or two to feel like somebody likes me.

I relate, again

>something that feels regenerative?
Music and poetry,
Is really hard for me to hold to my experiences with other people, they always seem fake and vapid, I wish I didnt feel that way

holy...

Just lift bro

read nietzsche

or embrace the illusion (religion)

or stop being a faggot

I think I saw a story on 60'minutes or some nbc news shit about a trial that studied mushrooms effect on a depressed lady.
She did it once in a controlled environment and has felt better for months.
It ended with telling people not to use drugs because they don't know the effect for sure.

I read Houellebecq

memes

Anti-depressants, reading, having fun with friends, having sex, shitposting, enjoying school, enjoying work, all sorts of things my dude.

reading the bible
going to church

Fuck off
More like
>take SSRI so you can """enjoy""" all the other stuff

no choice

Hunter Thompson will change your life.

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” Live by this and you can endure anything.

Actual answer that will work: Cognitive behavioral therapy. Find a good CBT therapist (most therapists are crap btw). My one is so good at it that she literally beams with happiness. It's all about readjusting your worldview to whatever will you the happiest. Takes some practice but honestly with just a bit of willpower it's probably the easiest solution.

got the herps mate?

Nazism and romanticism completes my life

How do you cope with the fact that everything is phony (inb4 dismissed for being like Holden)?

Literary theory is bs made up so that people can leech off of academia and get easy degrees.

Social scientists are idiots and weaponised by dishonest journalists as the new secular prophets telling people what to think / why they're shit.

Morality is never practised. A politician who kills innocent people is more popular than one who says politically incorrect things.

So many current novels are merely narcissistic barely disguised memoirs or written by people with zero life experience.

Science and maths are practised mostly within hideously subsidised and bloated academic institutions.

Sex and portrayals of success are shoved in your face wherever you go through songs and pictures. But you're not allowed to say you want any of it.

90+ % of jobs could be done by everyone and only recruit based on looks and personality. Your genetically determined appearance factors are the largest influence of how people treat you, yet this is never acknowledged.

Literature is not an oasis, not one bit.

Do you even SSRI, bro?

By writing a novel about it.

I don't see any of that as a product of phoniness though. I see it as a logical result of life's brutally material reality. It's the result of people failing to truly believe in bullshit- namely truth, justice, freedom, civilization, all these fruits of the imagination that have no basis in reality. Lies are the only thing that can redeem the human experience.

How do you know you aren't lying to yourself about how terrible life is?

exercise, antidepressant and testosterone

then do that shit and tell me how it went

kek

You pick your head up and keep moving forward through all of the shit you get dealt in life and you learn from it and you grow from it (if you learn).

Learning how to die.