AP help

Well you guys are smart, help me out here. I am taking the Calc. BC exam may 8th, and the AP chem test may 1st. I have one chapter left about pH and equilibrium to go in chem, but haven't even started series yet in Calc. I need 4's or 5's on both of these. So far in the two classes I've had high 90's, in calc I haven't dropped below a hundred on a test in months. Yet when I look at the AP test practice it's so fucking hard. I figure I need to study about a months worth of material in a couple weeks and then master it all. Honestly how fucked am I Veeky Forums. Please help it's making me sick to think about it I don't want to have to do this shit over again when I start Uni in the fall

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RICE_chart
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.korpisworld.com/Mathematics/Calculus%20Maximus/Full-Length%20Practice%20Tests/BC%2001%20Peterson%20TEST.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiO_J_Vj6jTAhUh0YMKHUkLAScQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHn47ni_G0igL17lguW5OZiLUICyg&sig2=uGTmtjqTkXAnn98DrEWkBg
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByTVKE_QQkg4fnZVVWtrZ0ExVFlCcUZuVWRhbTJqSW1Yd3M3eVo2NmdXSWZrOEpPemJoMTg
analyzemath.com/calculus/Integrals/sine_odd.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you fail, maybe you should end up taking it again in college.

Well it's all pretty easy I'm just way behind in notes. I'm the only one taking the test in either class, so my teachers don't really gear the lessons towards AP prep but just covering the material. And that's super easy, almost boring, really for calc I picked up integrals very quickly. But I need to take control of my own lesson now and I need to know if I'm able to do this

Jesus what's the Calc grade inflation like at your school?

My answer depends on this question - what do you want to major in college?

Honestly you should consider doing it again in university if you plan on going into STEM, especially Calc 2. Fucking up your basic college foundations is not something that would do you well.

Stop being a bitch, get off Veeky Forums (and the internet in general) and do what it takes for you to get comfortable with the material. There's a good chance that you're just getting kicked in the balls by test anxiety, but subject mastery is the way past that as well. Stop feeling bad, build a schedule of topics, and start working through the shit.

>So far in the two classes I've had high 90's, in calc I haven't dropped below a hundred on a test in months.
>Yet when I look at the AP test practice it's so fucking hard.
What the fuck? The test is trivial. More than 60% of students taking it get a 5. What kind of course are you taking that hasn't adequately prepared you for such an easy exam?
By "practice test" you mean past years' frqs, yes, and not some obscenely difficult ad hoc exam your teacher made up to scare you into doing better on the real thing?
Don't you get a formula sheet too? My taylor series question didn't even require familiarity with taylor series, iirc

Start working hard bitch. You have 11 sections of Stewart to do before the 8th of May. Get going!

>one chapter left about pH and equilibrium
Lol its basically just this en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RICE_chart

Nigger, the AP test is a cakewalk. I got a 4/7 on the IB test, but a 5/5 on the AP. You'll be fine.

I'm majoring in Physics, want to go to grad school after, possibly for astrophysics. Physics in highschool so far is very simple, but I know that's just the most basic baby shit

I plan on doing at least 3 hours of outside class studying for calc each day. And chem as well, but I'm not sure exactly what I need to build off of from here

I printed some PDF of a practice test, that gave me some multiple choice and the answers with explanation in the back. So many of them I don't even remember covering the material. Out of 25 I maybe got 5 right without any hint. Oh and Taylor series I had no idea how to approach that. I'm gonna put aside this practice test and ask my calc teacher what else I need to do

What is Stewart?

>IB
>"show that x=1 is a root of y=x^3-6x^2+11x-6"
>evaluate y at x=1, equals 0
>0 marks
>user, that's not what the IB means by "show." "Show" means "prove."
>wut
Except it was some complex polynomial with no roots in R

>hence, or otherwise,
Kms me now

Well then...

Good luck with that. Calculus is essential to physics and if you can't even pass BC then you have a long life of studying in front of you. I'd focus on BC and not worry too much about chem. If you find the past AP BC exams difficult, then you're kind of fucked because APs really test the very basics of what you need to know. Get off Veeky Forums, study at least 2-3 hours a day, beg your teacher for help, hell find a private tutor if you need to. Do AP practice questions every day - starting right now because if you don't hurry up you are going to regret it.

AP calc and chem arent that bad

>just study like mad between now and when you take the exam. practice problems from previous exams

i got 5s on both of them and really the time wont be your biggest issue, just try your best to understand the shit

>So many of them I don't even remember covering the material.
So specifically what material didn't you cover? The standard tricks for solving certain types of integral? Curve length and surface area? Series convergence tests?
What "derivatives" are?

Chem esp. I walked out of the test thinking I had reenacted the charge of the light brigade and thought I'd get a 2, or a 3 on the outside. Got a 5. The curve is very generous.
Granted I hadn't taken the class, but still.

> 1st exam May 1st and its gen chem
Stop being a bitch user, you have two weeks. Gen chem is piss easy and calculus too, just do a shit ton of practice exercises for both classes, make sure yo study the theory for chemistry (which there isn't that much) and you should get a good grade on both. Shit I've gotten As with half the time you have to study.

We are all the way up to solving definite integrals. I have no idea what a Taylor polynomial or a convergence test are

Of course I saw those on the practice exam, the explanations didn't help an awful lot though

Again, get your bitch ass off the internet and get to work.

This is the practice exam I was doing if anyone's interested. I haven't looked at any other test practice.

Whoops forgot the link

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.korpisworld.com/Mathematics/Calculus%20Maximus/Full-Length%20Practice%20Tests/BC%2001%20Peterson%20TEST.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiO_J_Vj6jTAhUh0YMKHUkLAScQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHn47ni_G0igL17lguW5OZiLUICyg&sig2=uGTmtjqTkXAnn98DrEWkBg

>We are all the way up to solving definite integrals. I have no idea what a Taylor polynomial or a convergence test are
I-is this a calc AB class, user?

Ever heard of Barron's? It's a practice book for the AP test that has a whole bunch of practice tests and explanations for the solutions. That's the book my calc teacher told us to use and I got the easiest 5 ever on the AP exam.

If you don't want to put the money out there then there's a shitload of free problems out there from past AP tests.

Most of them are pretty similar, if you know how to do 1, the other is retard-tier easy. Really all you have to get used to is the way the questions are asked, what to do with the skills you know, and how to solve from there. Once you know how to set up problems it's easy as fuck.

Yeah, and I figured the only other thing that was different between ab and bc was series , which we don't normally cover in ab and I'm just going over on my own. Plus you get a subscore if you take the ab, so if I get a 3 on the bc, but I did well on the ab portion of it I could get a 5 ab score.

100 hours of studying a week. lots of coffee. reduce amount of sleep by 25%.

After factoring in 6 hours of sleep a week, and the mandatory 7 hours for 5 days I go to school, that leaves 91 hours a week at best. Teach me your ways master

Understand that even if you leave 2 out of the 5 free response questions in the AP Calc exam, you can still get a 5.

If you don't know how to solve a problem, write down the formula, if you ever need to take an antiderivative, or you even think you should take the antiderivative, write down the steps of doing that. You'll get points just for doing that, without even thinking. Suck up every possible point you can for the exam.

I self studied for calc BC in 2 weeks and it was easy as shit. Just look at the topics and then look them up in a book or something. I mostly did it in paul's online math notes because topics were covered quickly so I didnt really waste time. Then do like two practice tests and youll be ok

>the mandatory 7 hours for 5 days
Work through lunch like a little nerd faggot
Ignore teachers in your other classes while they lecture and do calculus instead
>only other thing that was different
There's a lot more integration techniques and applications you're supposed to know too. You should also understand polar coordinates and integration in them, parametrized curves, a bunch of stuff not in AB. It's not like the difference is some artifact which only exists on paper and you, oh clever you, have figured that out.
Can you integrate sin^5(x)dx?

>taking notes

Just give up and major in gender studies.

>tfw scraped by with a 5 in IB HL math
>one point away from a 4
>know for a fact that it's only because the teacher really liked my shitty IA about graph theory

I was reading notes yesterday on how to integrate 2sin^2(x) and it told me to treat sin^2(x) the same as sin(2x). So sin^5(x) I believe would be 5cos^5(x) or 5cos(5x). Cause I learned to do a doidi technique, which is derivative of outside with the inside left the same (do i ) so sin is cos, so cos^5(x) or cos(5x) if what I read was accurate, then multiplied by the derivative of the inside, and since it's a first degree it just goes to a constant and I can put that out front, in this case it's 5. So 5cos(5x). How horribly wrong am I cause I guess I'm not even close?

HAHAHAHAA
ohshit, you're still here and not studying/working problems? You're fucked dude. Might as well not even show up. You don't have the work ethic to pull this off.

Okay well then is it like chain rule then, so like 5sin^4(x) ×cos(x)

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByTVKE_QQkg4fnZVVWtrZ0ExVFlCcUZuVWRhbTJqSW1Yd3M3eVo2NmdXSWZrOEpPemJoMTg
get working

Holy shit thanks user!

This isn't me.
Still, your answers in and are concerning. Why are you using the chain rule? That's for differentiating composite functions.
The basic method is here analyzemath.com/calculus/Integrals/sine_odd.html
There are a lot of special tricks you can use for integrating specific types of functions, and part of "calc 2" is training yourself to recognize these types and think about which of the techniques you've seen apply. This requires practice problems, you can't just give the methods a once-over and call it good.
Have you seen integration by partial fractions?

Also you can, like, check if a function is a correct antiderivative, by, like, just differentiating it. Which isn't all that hard to do in your head compared to most integration problems.