Do cats make you develop schizophrenia or are the studies on this just badly done?

Do cats make you develop schizophrenia or are the studies on this just badly done?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/gen_info/faqs.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like bullshit.

Cats do carry that one brain effecting parasite though, which might relate to crazy cat ladies.

No of course not. Toxoplasmosis does practically nothing to a fully developed brain. In mice it appears to increase confidence and reduces flight response in favor of fight response. There are vague studies relating similar things in male humans, but with a tremendous portion of the population infected with toxoplasmosis we would expect many more schizo people if that were a legitimate cause.

Toxo has the gene for tyrosine hydroxylase. Really makes u think

all of the schizo people i've known in my life were "cat lovers" and had cats pissing and shitting all over their house. really makes you think. pretty hilarious that there is no cure for it. it seems really simple to just kill the parasite and save all of these people with these extremely debilitating diseases that 100% ruin their entire lives. even if i had it but was okay mentally, i'd still take the drug.

>muh very minor changes to neurotransmitter levels
Maybe enough to relate to some minor behavioral shift

The behavioral studies in animals are incredibly vague and shouldn't be taken as anything more than suggestive of further study even if you're only talking about the typical animal hosts.

I don't see how you could protect yourself from this if you have cats in the house. it seems pretty impossible with them walking around the house with their cat hair and shit paws. how is there not a vaccine for this? what the fuck do you life science majors even do? holy shit.

of course it does. there is no other reason for schizophrenia to exist. our brains don't naturally develop that way. a parasite would be an extremely obvious answer, especially t. gondii.

have had cats all my life and can say with certainty that one of these days i look forward to taking a persons life away

my mother had cats growing up and is extremely odd and paranoid all of the time.

my family grew up with cats. one of my brothers is literally diagnosed schizophrenic and bipolar and i definitely also have had weird OCD anxiety bullshit my entire life.

people who like cats are just weird. i've always noticed that. cat owners are just dumbasses, almost always. i've never seen a really smart, cool headed guy who owned cats. it's always some retards. there is no way this doesn't make you crazy. the fact that a vaccine hasn't been made is the biggest travesty.

cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/gen_info/faqs.html

>No, cats only spread Toxoplasma in their feces for a few weeks following infection with the parasite. Like humans, cats rarely have symptoms when infected, so most people do not know if their cat has been infected. The Toxoplasma shedding in feces will go away on its own; therefore it does not help to have your cat or your cat's feces tested for Toxoplasma.

You have nothing to worry about unless you were eating cat poop for a week

7% increase in schizophrenics is pretty damn significant...

Of all the threads you could have chosen to samefag in, why would you pick this one?

I'm pretty sure ya'll are mixing up cause and effect here. Weirdos are more likely to like cats, that's it.

>You have nothing to worry about unless you were eating cat poop for a week
That's not how it works. Did you ever drop something onto the floor and not wash your hands, then eat something? Your cats were walking there and probably have shit on their feet. That's all it takes.

>Did you ever drop something onto the floor and not wash your hands, then eat something?
The fuck? No.
Do you?

no it is more that childless women use cats as a baby replacement.

Women go crazy without babies/children

cats are like a video game family

I've had cats all my life and yet I'm a normal person with a genesis level IQ.

this and the parasite thing

who the fuck washes their hands after dropping something onto the ground?

This primarily. The parasite thing just makes people more outgoing, jealous, and/or promiscuous.

Fun fact. You can aquire toxoplasmosis from many sources that arent cats. Almost any kind of meat, if not cooked properly, can give it to you. Just saying.

who eats meat that isn't cooked properly...?

there's this fad to eat your steak raw

Ever ordered a steak from a less than optimal eating establishment? I worked in food service for a few years in high school/college. I once saw a cook at a 5 star, members only club drop a chicken breast on the floor after it came off the grill. She then proceeded to pick it up and serve it as is. Didnt even brush it off. If you dont prepare and cook all of your food you cannot guarantee you wont get exposed to it. Only people with compromised immune systems, and pregnant women need to worry about toxoplasmosis anyway. The vast majority of cases dont even cause symptoms let alone permanent damage.

Americans