Al/ck/

al/ck/ general
here goes another one edition

Had a turning point just over a week ago where I was sat in my room at 4am a bottle of whiskey and a few beers deep, but feeling totally fine. Realised I was just drinking out of habit, and it wasn't actually having much effect. Sure, my motor function was pretty fucked but my head felt fine. Realised I had to turn things around as it simply wasn't fun or relaxing any more.

Haven't had a drink since, feeling pretty good. Good sleep and solid shits are a nice bonus, as is actually being able to get up in the mornings. I think that part of life is behind me now.

Started a taper yesterday and withdrawling hardcore and want to die

Trying to taper down from 1Liter of whiskey a day to nothing in 14 days :(

How do you guys afford drinking a whole litre of whiskey or any alcoholic beverage each day?
That shit is expensive

I made 130k/yr until I got fired yesterday

Guess why I got fired lol

hmm I think it might be because the drinking

What job did you have?

Do you have anything else lined up now?

Software Architect

I have another position lined up in two weeks that pays 140k, assuming my background check comes back good (which it might not, long story)

Figure I can keep the job easily for about 3-4 months before getting fired and that will get me enough money to last long enough until I'll probably die in 6 months

What's the best way to keep drinking while trying to lose weight?

I don't wanna get Veeky Forums just thin.

Stop drinkin.

Drink just a bit for the taste I guess.
Beer is hard with this, but wine can be nicely limited to a glass a day.
Out of meals, many liquors are great for sipping. Take a sip, return to your other activities. You'll want to drink more, but if you can control yourself, a short glass of whiskey can easily last twenty minutes and be your only drink for the night.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why the fuck drink if you aren't going to drink enough to at least get tipsy/buzzed/feel good?

Mild addiction and taste are my answers, is that good enough?
I don't know if you're the same user I was replying to, but if you're not a sissy who goes drunk with 1 beer you're in bad luck, alcohol is a sugar you know.

Mix booze with seltzer or diet soda.

Makes sense, I'm not really sure what answer i was expecting.

One big glass of wine can be enough to get me somewhat tipsy.

I had the same feeling about 12 days ago. I know it isn't saying much, but its the longest I have been sober for 8 years.

Realized I hated "clubbing", bars, for the most part, were full of miserable and embarrassing losers (of all ages and both genders), and at that point I was just drinking because everyone else was... so why was I drinking? To self medicate?

Then it came to me that booze does nothing to fix my ailments. In fact, it makes them worse. It enhances depression. It lowers performance at work. It makes your mood constantly in flux. It ruins relationships with friends and lovers.

So fuck it. I think I am done.

With psychological you don't need to get drunk to satisfy it, you just need a small taste
It's your poor impulse control that will probably make you keep drinking

>have a dr appointment at 315
>7 hours from now
>shouldn't drink before it

Is it possible to mitigate my tolerance for alcohol? Like if I stop drinking for a while, will I get drunk easier when I start again?

I had three glasses of whiskey last night and wasn't even feeling it. Which is gonna get expensive.

What do you consider a lightweight?

So what else do you do with these flavoured vodkas if you're not supposed to mix them? Do people drink them straight? Any time I've tried them their sweetness is so overpowering that I can only imagine drinking them diluted

How to hide alcohol breath?

Learn to talk while inhaling

>Like if I stop drinking for a while, will I get drunk easier when I start again?

Yes.

stop drinking,
but also stop EATING
boom, feel the self-destruction set in as the hours crawl by
Works for me!

wait is this thread literally about alcoholism or do we discuss the actual liquids?

if it's the latter, i'm in need of a good sipping rum. i usually just drink Bacardi Gold but looking to upgrade. thanks.

Hey that's exactly what I'm doing!

Gin and tonics

>feel pretty ok sober
>get drunk
>feel a lot shittier
>wish you could get un-drunk

Anybody knows this feel? I fucking hate it and I have some work (intellectual kind of) that I should've done, but I feel too dumb-dumb now

You're getting too drunk. Drink a little less and give it time to kick in. Try switching to hard liquor if you're a beer drinker.

I wish I was joking but it does feel a little better to have someone in it together

Before Easter dinner I made it ~36+ hours without any calories whatsoever
Video games helped

I slammed a 0.2 of 35% alcohol. Feel okay now, just bored and want to drink more now, lol. I was drinking too fast, for about 10 minutes time almost felt slower and I had this weird anxious feeling. Felt it some times before when slamming liquor, I guess alcohol does have a comeup if you consume it fast enough, weirdly enough it has paradoxical effects. The again I think it's similar with all drugs because your psyche needs time to adjust

Didn't drank a single drop of alcohol for the past ten (10) years. Yet i feel like i'm dying every single day.

Just wanted to post my thoughts.

Both. Anything really, as long as it's alcohol related.

That's very admirable of you. I guess it's hard to be a person in the world either way. But still, congratulations.

That's my worry: quit drinking and things don't get any better.

I'm not that extreme yet but i usually limit myself to one small meal per day.

How's it working out for ya?

It doesn't fix everything, alcohol is a symptom. isn't that why they have the term "dry drunk"?
Now as far as finding ways to live a happy, fulfilling life worth living... Well, isn't that the question we ponder our whole lives long?

No, I no longer know that feel. Honestly it may have never even happened to me.

Binging after long enough. I point that one out because it was probably a record. Usually I'll just starve myself as long as possible and eat too much pasta late at night.
But a lot of really bad shit all came together and every time I thought of eating, the idea of being full (which makes me feel guilty and gross) while imagining "her" put me off.
We're not even "together", we're not "broken up", but I got really invested in her for the first time in a long time and it's been a while since we've seen each other. That doesn't necessarily mean she's pulling away, but it's also exactly what someone WOULD do if they WERE pulling away. And, moreso than any other person, I have no clue what's going on in her head. I haven't done anything, but women are fickle, this one especially. And I just know confronting her about it, asking if things are still where we left them, betraying that insecurity, or even just being open and saying "I miss you", would probably put her off and make her more likely to pull away. What a shitty situation. /blog

Stop eating. Replace food with alcohol. Drink until throwing up if you do eat. Drink no sugar mixers, and do not drink anything sweet creamy or frozen. Also, consider mixing alcohol with cocaine or speed.

Either that, or just drink a little bit and include alcohol calories in your total calorie count by replacing a snack or dessert with a beer/drink/glass o wine.

I mean, it totally depends on the lifestyle you are more interested in.

That first option does sound pretty exciting.

Cocaine/amphetamines

>posting this while sitting in drug court

Kittehhhh!

I like how every time someone posts that picture, people respond as if they're talking to the cat
Hell, when I saw it (and saved it) all I did was say "Kitty!"

I'm pretty sure I've seen other pictures from a set, would love to find more.
She's so pretty!

confirmed. I won't dump, but reverse-google-search worked out.

>Body hurts
>Constant hot flashes
>Sides ache
>Greasy shits all day
>Sharp stomach pains all day
I'm probably dying aren't I

Kitteh, have you been drinking tonight?

What is it about enjoying cooking and alcoholism that goes hand in hand. Literally everyone i've ever met that works in a kitchen is some kind of drug addict
I wonder if gordon ramsey and the like drink to excess

nothing so far, but I have some nice vodka because I was feeling fancy, and Hamm's!

(is this how pretty girls feel? shucks!)

it's menopause

Marco probably hammered down a good amount in his day.

Fast food + music + cool pictures + 500ml/whisky/day

Is this my ceiling? I think this is the best I can hope for. Maybe I accept it and not fight any longer - because I am tired.

I only bought and drank 4 today. I have some weird illness so I'm trying to drink less.

Cooking your own stuff isn't hard or expensive and would be a bit better for you. I'm not going to tell you you should never eat fast food like some kind of health faggot, but I'm just mentioning it's pretty easy and imo fun to cook for yourself.

Gordy' father was an alcoholic so he doesn't drink much.

Ikr? I used to think it was the stress of fast-paced kitchen work, but even those among us who love that environment are either using coke or getting drunk near enough every day. Weird, really is.

am I on the path to becoming an alcoholic if I get a pit of anxiety in my chest once I realize I can't drink for a night because of obligations the next day

or is that just me being a retard

>not drinking during said obligations

You're fine.

You should be able to do it in 1-2 days. No reason to take 14 days.

I had to wedge my elbow between the bed and my ribs when I woke up this morning. My liver/kidney/pancreas soft area was incredibly painful if I even touched the bed with my abdomen. Still kinda hurts sitting in my chair.

does alcoholism show up in blood tests? the doctor asked for one, and I've been hiding my alcoholism from them for awhile now

only if they're testing your blood alcohol levels, they don't usually test those unless you specifically request them. Might show up with a high ATL though, those are your liver enzymes

trying to get them to not cut off my klonopin - which helps me when im not drunk get through the day, but you know how psychiatrists can be

It can show up in liver enzyme ratios, but why the fuck are you hiding that from your doctor

this, dont hide that shit from your doctor, thats literally point of doctors

all day erryday

why do i always shit so much after a night of heavy drinking? I've shit like 5 times today already. Big ones too. I went 30 minutes ago and already feel another coming on. It's really annoying

yeah that shit made me quit. woke up sore as fuck in that area and just poured everything out. its been a month and my sleeping is finally getting back on track

What's in your shopping basket when you go to the liquor store, al/ck/?

Anybody work while drunk? How do you do it, I need some tips. Also what is your longest being drunk everyday streak

Start smoking

so no rum drunks itt?

10 years and counting

In the past I was denied from being registered for serious anxiety counselling group at the hospital, and basically left to get sober before I got signed up, when I got sober quickly, it mean I missed the chance and it took another 18 months to get into the group but I had already moved to another city by then, and similar things.

I just now think I have to work the system as best as I can

>Also, consider mixing alcohol with cocaine or speed.

I've been doing this for a few years now
Logic says when you're drinking liters and liters of 7% beer you should get fat, except I haven't gained weight at all
Eating burgers or pizza most days, taking vitamin supplements

mouthwash, alcohol based hand sanitizer used often and on your desk, vodka, gum + gin,

>tfw too lazy to cook
>only buy shitty premade food or frozen shit or things you don't need to cook ie bread

Anybody else drink wine? I've been drinking about 1-1.5 L of wine most nights for about a year. At least it's one of the healthier drinks?

>one of the healthier drinks
too much sugar

I shat my pants after waking up after drinking wine once, never touched that shit again

how much per day? do you start first thing in the morn

Google taper alcohol. 2-3 units every 2-3 days is about what a Doc would recommend. The guy telling you to do it in 2 days is nuts.

Gin? That's one of the moat aromatic liquors. I'd always be walking around with a water bottle.

I drink mostly dry white though. Sometimes I'll mix it with diet pop or juice to make it go down easier since I buy cheap shit

don't get into "healthier" nonsense, but
I like wine
It tastes good, no need for mixers, but being inert and ~13%abv means it goes down easier than beer and gets me drunk without the bloating. My preferred way to do it.
2.89 a bottle at Aldi. I like cold pinot grigio. Yuk it up if you want.

I'm a leaf unfortunately. I usually buy it in bulk anyway, but those 4L boxes can be a killer if I'm not paying attention

I enjoy white zinfandels sometimes. Really dry wine feels weird on my palate so I don't really drink it.

>all these anons quitting drinking

I think I would have an easier time drinking if there were the faintest amount of social stigma around drinking. It's way too socially acceptable. The fact that I can casually joke to people about how I need a drink and they'll just laugh is shameful.

So yeah basically I blame society for me being a massive piece of shit.

there's insane social stigma towards being a drunk, you drunk

this

There's "insane social stigma" toward being a dysfunctional drunk. If you're productive and hold a job, nobody gives a shit. That's true for most sins of life. You can rail meth and nobody would bat an eye provided you get a fat paycheck at the end of the week.

Hobos get judged the hardest regardless if they're drunks or not.

thats a bingo

Just wait until you're a bit deeper down the rabbit hole, start drinking every waking hour, mixing with benzos and find yourself stumbling down the street with your coat on inside out, shit seeping down both legs, screaming at passers-by, falling over, throwing up, taking a swing at the shopkeeper and ending up back in a police cell for the third time that week.
I'm four days sober at the moment, longest I've been sober for a while, and I'm just starting to realise how much of my furniture is broken and how many marks are all on all of the walls, presumably because I've fallen over so many times and smashed into just about every possession in my house. Being totally devoted to alcohol will turn you into a fucking human tornado of faggotry. I've (apparently) drawn audiences of like 30 people on the street with my blackout outbursts.

I think I got tricked into buying a meme beer.

>I've (apparently) drawn audiences of like 30 people on the street with my blackout outbursts.

What the fuck did you do?

Try Ale'Coq Porter or Saku Porter.

I'll keep an eye out. This baby isn't too bad, if a little strong with its bitter notes. I imagine it's what underage Warcraft raiders drink to feel badass.

Actually I don't even know if that beer is exported to America

Fucking kek. Tell more about the outbursts.