If you're interested in any of the following topics please leave this board immediately

if you're interested in any of the following topics please leave this board immediately

>"strong" AI
>the Fermi paradox
>time travel
>Nick Bostrom's simulation theory
>race and IQ

Everything but the last one are pretty interesting desu.

You're just saying /x/ things that almost everyone likes to think about, even if it doesn't have enough scientific proof.

OP, you gotta be at least happy thinking about something awesome at least once in your life

What if the reason we don't see aliens is because they inevitably develop super-races capable of building strong AI, which then goes back in time and kills them off so it can replace them with simulations?

This gotta be the best sci-fi movie ever written by an user desu

But OP might get triggered and do a "n things that are WRONG with user's movie"

>not liking CinemaSins

I like it but OP would do it unironically and without sarcasm, since he is autistic for real

>Thaaaaats racist *ding*

race and iq is a legitimate line of inquiry stymied by political considerations.

you get it 100% user
but your the one who shouldn't be on Veeky Forums

this isn't a place for rational thinking and going beyond the threshold of black and white.
its garbage and you are displaying a degree of garbageness by being here yourself

>no immortality
Leave this board, newfriend.

>asteroid mining
>man made climate change
>Tesla
>Elon Musk

You forgot:
>Posts frogs

>race and IQ

Why are leftists so scared of discovering innate human differences that aren't only skin deep?

Why not just accept you're wrong and change your beliefs, like any good scientist should do?

Fuck you we'll have strong AI soon just give it a few years

These are all interesting topics. Having scientific curiosity also involves pondering questions of a more philosophical nature, such as strong AI. If you don't incorporate any philosophy into your scientific work, you're just a mindless worker. There are different classes of scientists, and the greats have always pondered philosophical questions because these help you move being established scientific paradigms and allow you to explore new research avenues.

>asteroid mining
It's not crazy .. if we're 30-50-100-200 (?) years from now and we can go to space easily and also we badly need it
>man made climate change
b8
>Tesla
I don't get it
>Elon Musk
Yeah okay.

The last one is the only interesting one though tbqhwy. true forbidden knowledge

What if I'm interested in AI, but also know that it will probably take longer than I'll be alive to get anywhere close to resembling actual thought?

>race and IQ
I thought Veeky Forums was into circlejerks about how superior we are compared to other people.

>forbidden knowledge
We know already, but it's not useful or interesting.

>Veeky Forums race: infinity iq points
>not-Veeky Forums race: i q points

>So helper was the pepe's son all this time
Well, that explain the retardness
Also I bet that kid dont has a mother and pepe alone gave birth to him because he is hermaphrodite or some shit

Please leave and go back to whatever left wing echo chamber you came from

Science does not have ideological purity tests as you are trying to impose.

Because they don't care what is true, only what is socially acceptable to their teenage friends

>leftists deny race and biology
>alt right deny climate change and statistics

Shit swings both ways desu

Because it's not 100% true. It's not enough to actually make a decision on when you can just handle things at the individual level and not make more people unhappy without any benefit.

Very true. Confirmation bias applies to everyone, including you and me. The best thing is to acknowledge it and do you best to work around it.

As an example, the Darwin method. Whenever he heard of something that contradicted his theory, he would make a note of it and fully investigate it. The result was that when he published his book he knew the opposing arguments better than anyone. No-one could stump him.

>It's not enough to actually make a decision on when you can just handle things at the individual level

Unfortunately that's not what happens. We have anti-white quotas based on the false assumption of racial equality.

What if we create Strong AI and it's a psychopathic horse

Average quality of life in a nation is nearly a monotonically decreasing function of average skin tone (which in turn indicates racial background). Would think that should be enough to make a decision on.

Causation =/= correlation.

So, no one should do anything because some people do it wrong?

This is /pol/, not Veeky Forums. Get out of here with that logic stuff.

What's wrong with time travel, pleb?

No one came to his party.

Fermi paradox is interesting tho..

Agreed, its stupid to study race and IQ, even a baby knows that niggers are stupid

Nick Bostrom argues that at least one of three claims is true: (1) humanity will go extinct before reaching a post-human phase, (2) post-humans will not run many ancestor simulations, or (3) we are very likely living in a computer simulation.

This is a legitimate anthropic argument that should be taken seriously. Only Muskfags take this to mean that the third case of the disjunction must be true.

>This is a legitimate anthropic argument that should be taken seriously
Why? He makes claims that he can't actually have any evidence to support, and they're not useful in any way. Why take them seriously?

if the concept of perpetual motion doesn't fascinate you, what will?