How tall would a tire have to be to cover 1 mile in one complete revolution?

How tall would a tire have to be to cover 1 mile in one complete revolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/math/geometry/hs-geo-foundations/hs-geo-area/v/finding-radius-and-diameter-from-circumference
youtube.com/watch?v=yWGeFDXgQvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do people keep posting school child tier homework questions?

god fucking dammit, Veeky Forums isn't the place for you to just waltz the fuck on in here and ask your stupid fucking questions that can be figured out in a shorter amount of time by just fucking googling it than it did to type out your retarded fucking post.

Nigga how the hell would you google that

Solve for x:
1 mile=pi*x

here are some terms to help you figure this out, diameter, radius, and circumference.

radius is always half of the diameter so if the diameter of the tire is 1 mile the radius would be half a mile.

circumference is like the border of the tire, so like perimeter for but circles.

if you want to cover a mile in one complete revolution then the circumference has to be a mile, right?

well you get the circumference by multiplying diameter times pi (3.14) so if we need a 1 mile circumference we can multiply 1 by fuck this just watch khanacademy.org/math/geometry/hs-geo-foundations/hs-geo-area/v/finding-radius-and-diameter-from-circumference

diameter will be your "height" because it's a line from one side to the other through the center.

youtube.com/watch?v=yWGeFDXgQvg

I see, thanks user. So to get the height, or diameter, of a circular object, I would just do the opposite and divide the circumference (1 mile in this case) by pie.

I refuse to believe that an adult man could be so stupid. You must be underage. This is a middle school problem.

You're in first grade, aren't you OP?

I'm 30.

don't feel bad about not knowing this stuff, at 30 you've been out of school for a while and not using it daily will let the knowledge escape you.

I'm only 20 but my math level is back at 4th grade because my teachers wouldn't help me but kept passing me to the next grade because "no child left behind"

>Don't feel bad about being a complete retard, I'm also a retard so you should feel OK

hey look at me I'm so insecure about myself that I have to put others down on an anonymous garlic peeling imageboard.

Let me know when you finish your degree and can't find a job because you have such an abominable personality. I'll laugh at you.

Mate why'd you post this from Veeky Forums?

>garlic peeling imageboard
That's non-standard.
Normally the format is:
>

sorry I'm not too well versed in kazakhstanian goat testicle imageforum memes. Thank you for providing the correct format for future use.

Thats okay, it's always best to know the etiquette for posting on a Turkish sheep shagging forum. :^)

Nah man it's cool I keep my contempt for brainlets on the down-low. Veeky Forums isn't real life.

circumference = pi * diameter

solve for diameter

5280 = pi * d

d = 1680.67619905 feet

you learned something today op

>pi*x
>not 2*pi*x

I'm 36 and I don't believe that you don't know how to calculate the diameter from circumference.

Are you retarded?
x is the diameter.

Solving your version would give the radius, which is NOT what OP asked for.

Imbecile.

Kill yourself.

Well I do now. :^)

suicide
>sage in all fields