Enjoy reading in the past but no motivation to buy the books and sit down to read

>enjoy reading in the past but no motivation to buy the books and sit down to read
>video games, anime and masturbating aren't good enough anymore
>go to barnes and noble on a whim
>buy a few mangas and read them
>feel inspired to read some real, actual books again
>only have The Art of the Deal, which i bought just to antagonize the mexican cashier, and books I've already read for school in the past like Gatsby, Macbeth and the Kite Runner

Where should I start, Veeky Forums? I want to start reading again but I don't know where to start.

It is mandatory that you fully exhaust the YA canon before you can move on to the big boy books. Finish Twilight and Hunger Games, once you do that you open pandora's box.

just read Crime and Punishment. it's really accessible, even to plebs.

Try James Patterson.

just read whatever they tell you to read and youll be fine

>>only have The Art of the Deal, which i bought just to antagonize the mexican cashier
How did he/she react

We were talking about manga as she rung them up and as soon as she picked up the Art of the Deal she kind of stammered, like she was going to become physically ill.

It was pretty funny but I kinda regret spending $15 doing it.

Did you at least learn how to make the best deals?

desu I haven't even read it. Though on 's advice I think I will.

Why do people always assume that anyone who looks Hispanic is Mexican?This pisses me off so much since I myself am Mexican.

DARREN SHAN IS THE BEST AUTHOR ON THIS GODFORSAKEN PLANET AND IF ANYONE SAYS OTHERWISE YOU CAN TELL THEM TO SHOVE A COWBOY BOOT FILLED WITH FECES UP THEIR URETHRA

I use the word interchangeably because I live in an area with one of the highest Hispanic populations in the US.

Nothing personnel, chico

don't worry about reading, about 80% of Veeky Forums is invaders with no interest in books at all

learn to read faster
but not too fast

learning how to stop subvocalizing is something you should know how to do but not necessarily something you abstain from regularly or at all

because nobody gives a shit, dude

Tolkien
George RR Martin
Stephen King
Haruki Murakami
The Three Musketeers

There you go.

Read Tolkien, lots of underlying ideas (lots of Catholic philosophy) as well as a griping story.

what? xD

>mangas

le epic reddit

My favourite books are psychological analysis novels by Camil Petrescu

>Not taking it easy on a Veeky Forums noob

W-wheres your mercy, user?

EL James

If on a winter's night a traveller
Don't be a weird person who thinks they have to read 'simple' books to level up, your mind is not a mmorpg. Don't read GRRM and Stephen King, they're fodder and not very interesting.

>only have The Art of the Deal, which i bought just to antagonize the mexican cashier
jaj