At what age did you grow out of vidya, anime and toys, and move onto books?

At what age did you grow out of vidya, anime and toys, and move onto books?

For me? 20

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W478ohkqZVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this poor guy, wannabe of razorfist.

Can one not enjoy the fruits of both?

I stopped playing vidya when I was about 19 but I still watch anime. It's top tier comfy.

I still play video games and watch anime t bh (although less than I used to)

only fags care about art as anything other than a cultural signifier

I like anime more now than I ever did before.

razorfirst hates anime though, so is less of a manchild

No, if you do, you're a manchild

Started at 16. I still enjoy videogames a bit. But for the most part I don't like them and I find them a waste of time. Specially their fanbases. Still, some of my friends like them a lot so I'm not an asshole about it and try to make it seem like I'm a interested when they talk about them.

What's the point in watching anime? It almost certainly won't make the cute cashier at the local coffeeshop/used bookstore smile at you at all.

no, we deal only in gross generalizations here, maybe you will too someday, when you're older and more mature

The point of watching anime is to make yourself forget about the cute cashier who won't smile at you

and reading books will?

I like it. Does there need to be a better reason?

But user, video games have many cognitive benefits.

I forgot Veeky Forums only speaks in polemics.

criterion kiddies out

I don't play games that take 50+ hours anymore like Fallout, but I enjoy well crafted short games like Owlboy (which I loved).
As far as anime, I don't binge watch but I keep up with ones I think are good.

>I still play vidya occaionaly but the obession of it was at 14
>I stopped watching anime at 13. Now I only unironically watch Jojo
>toys
Men can have toys

>there are actually adult "men" on this board who purposefully watch anime and play video games

>there are actually adult "men" on this board who purposefully study english, philosophy or any other shit field

More edifying than fapping to prepubescent girls and generally pretending not to be a pedo all the while

>there are actually teenage girls who post funny animals and complain about misogyny on Veeky Forums's literature board

>the guy that studies his shit degree and will be jobless down the road responds with an unjustified ad hominem

alphaomegasin. this guy is such a fucking loser. thanks for reminding me of him. ill watch some of his vids now to make me feel better about myself.

Yet accurate

No

yes

Didn't work for me

>make a thread calling out weeb faggots
>weeb faggots lose their shit
>"HURR IT'S FUN HURR IT'S BETTER THAN READING AND STUDYING PHILOSOPHER HURR"
>he says while browsing Veeky Forums

You sound lonely, this one's for

fucking Veeky Forums autist
this board is too bluepilled to fix, I'm fucking leaving

stay, we can talk about anime

anime is NOT chanworthy material
Veeky Forums is the central hub for a serious social movement to #redpilltheworld, WTF does anime have to do with that??

>using the word 'bluepilled'
>leaving
thank you so much

>bookfags are actually proud of supported socially degenerate material
everything I read of the official /pol/ facebook page was fucking correct, holy shit

>using facebook
/pol/ is satire btw mr.newfag

>Veeky Forums is the central hub for a serious social movement to #redpilltheworld, WTF does anime have to do with that??
Genocyber is the most profound work of social commentary to come out of the late 20th century.

Pls be my wife

Yes

Sometime around 14 or 15, but it was only because I didn't have any friends in school and I couldn't very well play vidya during lunch or whatever. So I just always started carrying a book around.

I still play video games occasionally but I mostly do it with friends now: I stopped having games as a hobby when I was 20

Don't see a problem with playing quality video games every now and then. Anime is really pushing it though.

i went from video games in middle school to books in high school and college to video games after graduation to movies and books during my quarter life crisis

4"chan"

v?

I've been slowly getting back into anime and vidya but trying to steer clear of the shit. Playing Okami and watching Paranoia agent at the moment

I haven't but the manchildren such as the OP pic still make me cringe.

I just saw this guy on youtube yesterday, scary.

What sort of faggot grows out of 2D perfection?

Video games are absolutely pointless and a waste of time filled with false accomplishments.

>life is only a job

Capitalism is absolutely disgusting. This reminds me of when people say "so what do you do?" Not define myself by my fucking job, cunt.

So is literature
So is film
So is pretty much all media

Only difference is the false accomplishments amounts to finishing said media.

Unless you're planning to become a writer, critic or something, investing serious time in to any entertainment is wasteful.

>Anime = tradition, morality, honour
I don't mind some anime/hentai on the down low. But this is bullshit.

What if I still enjoy the others, just less now?

grew out of anime at 16, film at 18 i still play vidya tho

>So is literature
>So is film
>So is pretty much all media
no, you fuckling retard, the objective of all mediums has always been not only mind numbing escapist entertainment, its critique, subtle transmision of feelings and culture and self search.

what a fucking millenial you have to be to think that a videogame could ever compare to shakespeare in any regards

The vast achievement of Bloodborne, a game that combines masterful art direction, level design, mechanics and composition, easily matches up to any of Shakespeare's work.

I grew out of fiction at sixteen, it's still a guilty pleasure for me though. Especially 2D boys.

i think other mediums have legitimate value. Veeky Forums is culture and there's more to it than written word and classic paintings right??

>what a fucking millenial you have to be to think that a videogame could ever compare to shakespeare in any regards
I dunno, vidya might not have very good dick jokes but I find that they are more than the sum of their parts.

I award you minus ten billion points out of ten.

Painfully bad argument

yeah shure little kiddy boy. Lest make an experiment, lets see if your littel "le especial snowflake" game is even relevant in a couple of years.

shakespeare is such a god tier subtle insight into the human soul that is relevant for centuries

>every shitty obviously wrong tantrum deserves a response

if you want to sit at the big boys table just learn what you did wrong

>cute girl interested in user
>wants to know more about him
>"hey user what do you do for a living?"
>"WOW YOU CAPITALIST WHORE, IS THAT ALL LIFE IS TO YOU, A JOB?"
>user fails to land another girl

O I am laffin. You seem like a really annoying faggot who ended up making shit money and is now incredibly bitter over it.

Weird thing to say for a marxist, the worker identity is the overriding one for you guys.

Tell me you are not over 18.

>20

get out of here oldfag

haha, do you really think this
clown, could ever read comprehend and incorporate the myriad of god tier philosophy economical and political works that is the masterworks of karl motherfucking king of the revolution marx?

awww hell nawwwh

I never played games, i read psychological analysis novels since i was able to

Jesus christ you are pathetic

razorfist just hates anything mainstream
His reviews and political thought are superb though

Grew out of anime around 19-20 years old, if I had to guess. I still watch DBZ Abridged, but I watch it because I find it God damn hilarious. If that still counts as watching anime, then I guess I've never grown out of it, even though that series is LITERALLY the only anime-like thing I bother with besides hentai.

Toys? Define toys. I find disassembling/reassembling firearms to be fun, even if it's not to clean them. In a sense, using a firearm in such a manner just as a passtime, it is like using it as a toy. Hell, even target shooting could be considered using firearms as recrational tools, and is a recreational tool not in and of itself basically a toy? Anyways, if toys means stuff like... I don't know... action figures and stuff, then I grew out of them at around 11-12 years old, probably.

As for vidya, I still enjoy gaming. Mostly STALKER: Call of Pripyat with Misery mod and The Armed Zone, which is an intensely difficult post-apocalyptic style survivor-horror FPS. I've been wanting to write a book that is based in a sort of STALKER-like world/Universe, so we'll see, perhaps one day while playing it, I'll have a eureka moment on how to kick things off. I also like to play Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword. Based in the mid-17th century in Eastern Europe, basically. I want to write an historically based novel, and who knows, maybe it'll be set in the 17th century. I also play Banished on occasion, but haven't been bothering with that anymore. Used to play Red Orchestra II and Rising Storm like crazy, looking forward to Rising Storm 2 to see how Tripwire will do with a realistic game set in the Vietnam War.

Not all videogames are for kids. As for books, obviously I read while I was in school, was particularly into Harry Potter, but I didn't really start reading until around 21 years old. Discovered Bernard Cornwell, and have been reading his stuff regularly ever since, as well as various other things that catch my attention. I must have read a good 50 books or so in the past 4.5 years.

Why are you blaspheming the name of the Lord?

I still play video games and watch anime every once in a while.

>political thought are superb though

Truly the modern James Joyce

youtube.com/watch?v=W478ohkqZVQ

At the same age that I realised that the easiest way for me to externalise my anger wasn't to shoot random characters in GTA, but instead to call people faggots for enjoying anything written by James Joyce.

20 year old who thinks he is very grown up and mature detected

Literally me

I wish I could still have fun with anime and games.

24, and now I read Dostoevsky all night and all o the day

Toys are fucking manchildish but why can't I be into anime, games and books? It's just personal entertainment.

this year, 26

you have to go back

>mow reading this thread

I read a lot of books as a kid but I didn't like this adult idea that books were intrinsically a better use of time than TV and vidya. To me it was all the same, all media could be fun and they all had their advantages and disadvantages. But to answer your questions
>toys
I don't know, some time around 13.
>vidya
Very gradually, but I completely stopped buying/playing them regularly around 18 or 19.
>anime
I only started getting back into it recently actually. I still don't watch tons of it.

Anime: 21, after I watched redline and it was perfect
Television: 23 when I watched the wire and it was perfect
Video games and television: 25 when I started law school.

>and move onto books?
do light novels with anime drawings count?

So you're saying you didn't read books until you were 20??

Video games and movies*

If I looked like that I'd try to escape life through videogames as well