College Degrees

They are worthless.
Any fully developed country like the United States or Britain will have NO use for someone with some fancy piece of paper.
The job market needs people with experience. But how can anyone get experience if nobody is fucking hiring?
Move to a developing country.
Unlike America and Britain, developing countries have an extreme LACK of people who have degrees. So someone with a degree would get hired instantly.
You will end up getting massive experience working on more valuable projects. You will be helping a poorer country develop and become more valuable. And after 5 years you will have the experience to move back to your home country and get hired anywhere you want because you are actually a professional.

Go ahead and tell me why I am wrong.

>Go ahead and tell me why I am wrong.
well you're on the wrong board, your post is severely lacking in science or math

Are you retarded?

>Are you retarded?
are you? what does that other thread have to do with your thread not fitting on this board?

>Move to a developing country to get experience

I have to admit that that is an interesting idea worth thinking over but I doubt it will be helpful to most people. If you are Veeky Forums then how many opportunities do you have to get good experience outside of first world nations?

No one will have research facilities in a third world nation so if you are a scientist your only chance at a job will be as some lab tech in maybe a hospital. That's not valuable experience and that's certainly the kind of experience you could just get in your native country. No one is killing each other for a lab tech job lol.

If you are an engineer though I think you could pull this off. There are cars and electricity and constructions in developing countries. And all of those come attached with an industry that you could easily join. So, yeah. If you are an engineer go for it.

That said. Can most people in this board function as adults? Would they be able to live abroad on their own?

The fact that they are both related to institutions of education, and the value of attending them?
On a board full of people that are in the process of earning them or have earned them? Where people constantly discuss how lacking in value math and physics degrees are?
How long have you been here bud?

>The fact that they are both related to institutions of education, and the value of attending them?
so you're saying both threads are off-topic?

>On a board full of people that are in the process of earning them or have earned them? Where people constantly discuss how lacking in value math and physics degrees are?
so you're promoting off-topic discussion?

>How long have you been here bud?
since the first day this board opened in like 2011, you?

your degree is probably useless because you don't even know how to read the sticky that says
>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

>A degree is a fancy piece of paper
Strange logic coming from a guy talking about chasing little pieces of paper

makes u think

But those pieces of paper have buying power. Whereas a degree is worth negative 40000 dollars.

just because your degree is worthless doesn't mean everyone else's is

This is actually a very interesting point.. but there's other problems with moving to poorer countries, like lower standard of living, crime/danger risk, being away from family and friends, not knowing the language, etc.

>lower standard of living
If you have money it doesn't matter. And since you'll be working a more exclusive job you'll get paid well.

MUH MONEY

Go back to /pol/.

>Move to a developing country.
>Unlike America and Britain, developing countries have an extreme LACK of people who have degrees. So someone with a degree would get hired instantly.
>You will end up getting massive experience working on more valuable projects. You will be helping a poorer country develop and become more valuable. And after 5 years you will have the experience to move back to your home country and get hired anywhere you want because you are actually a professional.

Good premise but the problem is that without a proper supporting infrastructure and vetting sponsor (i.e. the U.S. Military) you will run into living "compensation" issues and verification problems that the work you did in said developing country was legit and up to par experience wise.

>MUH MONEY
>Go back to /pol/.

More like, muh job, to actually be able to rent an apartment and buy food. To not be on welfare or be living with your parents.

>They are worthless.
Sounds like sour grapes because you couldn't get in.

Tough luck.

My degree increased my earning power ten-fold, so, idk if you're just a faggot or what or if you majored in something dumb and are looking for someone to blame for your problems.

Yeah... Thats another thread that doesnt belong here.

Whats your point? That because that one is here yours belongs?

Clearly you are the one thats retarded here user.

Just noting the irony that you denigrate a college education as a "piece of paper" and here you are still weighing everything by its worth in little pieces of paper.

So you don't want to become an academic? I have no respect for you.

OP is another math graduate that couldnt' find a job. Sad. Should have studied SE or CS.

>go to shithole country
>get paid $30k/year for job that would command six figures in the US because "muh cost of living"
>lose all of that money anyways by getting mugged by some favela monkey with a gun
>get killed by same favela monkey

>doing this in South America

Yeah right, I think he means asia.

OK, so replace "favela monkey" with "Filipino ladyboy." Point still stands, you're going to be economically and socially worse off working outside of developed nations.

Genuinely curious what your degree is. Please tell?

>But how can anyone get experience if nobody is fucking hiring?
work.

>Go to the nearest construction site.
>offer to do construction work for 1 dollar less than the other workers.
>profit

elsewise whatever profession you have a degree for, try to figure out some practical appllications and do them in your neighbourhood with your neighers if they are willing.

You could also go to a 2nd world or 3rd world location and start teaching what you learned.

some suggested places:
- Rwandan
- South Africa
- Java
- Haiti
- Hawaii

essentially hire yourself out as a tutor, even better is you you can teach it practically and hands-on (which you likely can in Rwanda).

you do two goods this way:
1: you teach blacks some physics, hopefully creating a Da-Vinci among them (make sure to impress and inspire them)
2: you get work experience and become more antiquated with your degree.

Lol, yeah, except you run into issues like licensing, visas, low wages and crime. Not speaking the predominant language is also extremely limiting, and there's a general view in western countries that foreign science is less than, so there's really no reason why western employers will view your experience in India favorably.

You could always go to the Middle East, but then you have to live on a compound and run the risk of getting offed by some random haji who decides today is a good day to blow up the block you live on.

You're better off staying in the west.