How much sauce on pasta is too much?

How much sauce on pasta is too much?

Dunno, I guess it's down to personal preference.
What's your preference?

this sauce is plain
why are there no herbs and no veggies in it?

There's no such thing. I eat sauce plain.

I eat spaghetti plain. Do you make your own sauce? Jarred sauces suck and I need to find/make a kind that actually tastes good.

I add as much sauce as needed to give the pasta a sauce layer, not a fan of the swimming in sauce pasta. And the layer has to be thick enough to look red, if it's orange, it's undersauced. I also heat them together for a minute or two.

trader joe's has a nice marinara. they also have a nice "spaghetti sauce w/ mushrooms" that i like. the marynary is $1.39 which is a plus

I don't know. I love sauce. I think it's personal preference. Something I like to do is start to get the sauce really nice and hot while the spaghetti is still cooking, undercook the spaghetti by 1m, and then finish cooking it in the boiling sauce. I learned that on some chef show or something on the internet. It's great

Good lookin noodles op

If the sauce is good and meaty there should be no such thing as to much. Plain sauce like op's usually just needs to coat the pasta, like a dressing.

from my experience you can literally just throw some oregano, salt and garlic powder into tomato sauce and it's already better than the jar garbage

At least jarred sauces use actual garlic, onion, etc. If you're gonna go that basic you may as well use jarred.

It comes down tp the quality of your pasta for me. Delicious pasta - very, very little sauce. Mediocre pasta - a healthy amount of it.

>onion, red peppers, garlic
>minced pork neck
>red wine reduction
>salt & pepper
>thyme, provence, ground fennel, coriander
>squeezed tomato
>tomato pure
>flat parsley
>maybe anchovies or pineapple if you're looking to explore
>grated cheese
>maybe basil on top if you're feeling fancy

1/4 if the sauce is runny
1/3 if its chunkier

sauce to pasta ratio

I like lightly sauced pasta. No more than 2:5 sauce:pasta. I don't judge as long as it's less than 1:1

>according to Italians

About 1/4 cup

>according to Americans

About 2 cups.

Italian cup
espressosized

American cup
big mug

What are those huge lumps under the sauce?

Oh n/m I'm thinking sausage on the left and meatball on the right.

what kind of pasta is that? looks weird

>Not completely drowning your pasta and eating the leftover sauce doing scarpetta like a real uomo.

>Spero seriamente voi ragazzi non lo facciate.

where the fuck do you buy pork neck

Binging with Babish?
Aglie e Olio?

depends what sauce

plain tomato sauce, with only vegetables and a tiny bit of oil? You can put almost as much as the pasta.

Pesto? Don't be a fat fuck and just put enough to coat the pasta.

Light amounts. If you add a small amount of the water from cooking the pasta (which you should only be using enough to cover the noodles) you can make a thick sauce that will bind to the pasta without you having to add a TON of it to the pasta.

Hey baby I hear the blues are calling to salads and scrambled eggs.

This.
I eat pasta cause I like pasta.
I'm not looking for a vehicle for tomato sauce.

I'm not even getting this from him, I'm getting this from god damn actual modern cooking techniques

You should watch his show, it's amazing.

Rao's is the best

I do, I enjoy it for his sense of humor more than anything else.

I make my own sauce primarily due to all of the flavors it lets me explore.

Pasta has no taste.

OP here. You are correct. This was the meatball.

Seriously, I stopped getting pasta at restaurants in America because it's alost always blend white pasta drenched in sweet sauce.

if the sauce is made incorrectly, one drop is too much

This

After making a really good sauce there's nothing better than getting some nice bread and finishing the sauce off from the plate

bad pasta has no taste faggot

any cook can make a sauce with a little bit of butter, garlic and salt

So what does good pasta taste like, then? And don't say "pasta".

Good pasta should actually taste like the grains the flour is ground from. If it's fresh the flavor of each pasta comes out even more.

The reason you think pasta has no flavor is that you're eating pasta made from blanched, overprocessed flour rather than something that's ground and treated like it's more than just "Filler food"

Literally the embodiment of Reddit. His show is trash

This is what poor clueless people call pasta

It's good to chiffonade or blend basil in

You must buy cheap jarred or canned sauce then because most jarred sauces I have are good

Autism

Awful. Learn how to cook instead of throwing a bunch of random unnecessary shit in your sauce. Keep it simple you fuck

I WAS FUCKING LOOKING FOR THAT WORD

Jarred sauce is so lazy when you can literally make a better sauce by cooking cherry tomatoes in a pan until they pop, and letting their own pectin bind and make the sauce. Hell at least just get a can of san marzano tomatoes and add salt, basil and oregano and you're better than a jar. Jarred sauces rely on sugar to taste good.

I kind of agree. About half those ingredients are fine and the other half is a tad much.

All you need for a bomb sauce is tomatos, basil, salt, orgeano, and maybe a splash of red wine if you have meat cooking. That way you get all the fond off the bottom of the pan and the sauce thickens a ton.

If you have no fond, skip the wine and add a tiny amount of soy, miso paste, or Worcestershire ad you'll get close.

>reddit like is so it must be trash

Why do people keep hating everything that gets just the slightest bit of attention from leddit?

a little balsamic in the sauce never hurt anyone either

This is my dinner. I like this amount of sauce

>people who just dump the sauce on top of the pasta without mixing it in

Get some self respect, please

I want these two to hate-fuck.

i love saucy but have to cook it in so it absorbs the sauce instead of just coats it

Those noodles look like udon

yup

are you insane? you don't know what you've done...

i like the texture

depends on the sauce

you are a pastamurderer user
i dislike you a lot

I fucking love tomato sauce in all forms. This recipe made me wet desu

>Npt enjoying complex flavors

Its so true that Americans/British people LOVE bland food. Just because you cant imagine a flavor combination that isn't obvious/two ingredients long doesn't mean it's over the top. Grow up.

Obligatory post

Tomato sauce is not supposed to have vegetables in it you filthy infidel

I suspect you might have used Google translate for this one

Why is that table covered with vinyl?

Wee Willy's is amazing. Glad to live in Minnesota so I can eat the stuff.