What are some essential works of Alan Moore? What obscure things that he's written should I seek out?

What are some essential works of Alan Moore? What obscure things that he's written should I seek out?

I enjoy his popular stuff and am fascinated by his theories on magic and spirituality.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moon_and_Serpent_Grand_Egyptian_Theatre_of_Marvels#Performances_.28workings.29
theoccidentalobserver.net/2016/10/working-class-zero-the-political-autism-of-alan-moore-and-his-labour-party-friends-part-1/
glycon.livejournal.com/13888.html
glycon.livejournal.com/14307.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So this is what a fedora core's final form look like.

>funnypages
>capeshit
>meme persona

If a Bulbasaur never saw any Venusaurs, wouldn't he too think that Ivysaurs were his final form?

Keep on training, my friend. You've much ahead of you.

Voice of the Fire
Swamp Thing
From Hell
A Small Killing
Lost Girls

>implying Moore does anything fedora tippy

>suede jacket
>snakehead cain
>superfluous rings
>le epic beard

I love it when an author reveals how shit they are before I have to read them to find out.

His spoken word pieces.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moon_and_Serpent_Grand_Egyptian_Theatre_of_Marvels#Performances_.28workings.29

>le ironic snek worship
>not peak fedora

the lost girls is the best thing he has ever done and ever will do. you can jerk off to almost every page. loads of incest . animal fucking. fucking Little kids. 3 chick's making a pussy eating ring. opium smoking and lesbian fucking. little boy brothers jerking each other off till they cum all over their sister and Peter Pan. Dorothy from the widest wizard of Oz fucking all the dudes at her farm. so many nuts busted

If you haven't read Promethea you don't know shit about Alan Moore

Saying he worships it to make a point about the concept of Gods while not actually worshipping it

Are you 12?

This is like an Americanized view of it. I think most people view it as quaint, he's a nice guy tbf(rank) and not trying to be edgy at all.

Are you bongs completely impervious to disgust? "The tribunes at the realistically sodomized the underclassmen. Just being cheeky is all."
"The toffs at the hellfire club accidentally strangled the sixteen year old maid they were raping in a satanic ceremony at the ruins of the old Abbey. It's a quaint ritual."
"Moore's a good chap. Write fantastic erotica involving children. I was just reading it under the statue of Jimmy Saville passing the torch to Stephen Fry."

How the hell did autocorrect translate boarding school as realistically?

Unearthing, and his other spoken-word pieces
Voice of the Fire went somewhat unnoticed and is great
For comics Promethea isn't obscure but rather underrated too

you can fuck right off

I'm talking about the blonde snake. He was worshiping that for ages.

Lost Girls as "an erotica involving children", yeah sort of. It's more nuanced than that, and the way you've put it makes it sound like the shit people say goes on in the deserts near Hollywood, which it isn't. It's fictional with fictional characters.

As for Saville, I'm way more concerned about the MPs that keep accidentally shredding evidence in relation to their own pedo scandals. Saville we know about and isn't going to be abusing anyone else.

Boarding school is where all the rich and powerful go, you know that right? Like they're just doing embarrassing shit with each other mostly to strengthen the old boys' club later. It'll be shit like power showers rather than sodomy too, you might be thinking of fagging which is different.

This. It also furthers his Blake fetish.

Voice of the Fire > Jerusalem

lol bless you, user

What that guy is saying in the speech bubble on the right is the basis of a huge chunk of Jerusalem. Religious people don't like the concept but I think it's pretty interesting

I've read Jerusalem is VOTF worth it how people refer to Hobbs Hog kind of puts me off tho

>Jerusalem is VOTF worth it
what did you/they mean by this

I should have had a comma after is my dood

keku

>Ctrl + F "birth"
>no result
>yallserious.epub

The Birth Caul is one true masterpiece

>reading Alan 'cucked by a lesbian' Moore

theoccidentalobserver.net/2016/10/working-class-zero-the-political-autism-of-alan-moore-and-his-labour-party-friends-part-1/

Voice of the Fire is frickin' dope.

It's definitely a struggle to get through that first chapter.

>reading the occidental 'whity white faggits' observer

fucking kek. This place is alright.

Sooooooo read it or not senpai? Bearing in mind I had no trouble reading Jerusalem

Too slow on the uptake, too deep inside to see what's really going on, totally lame, left in the dust three years ago, you think the kids you hang out with are popular, believe me, they're nobody.

First chapter best chapter. He was only a quarter serious when he said he syntaxed it retarded to repell retards.

If you liked the Lucinda Joyce chapter (personally I didn't, felt like he reached a little too far for that Finnegan's Wake style and didn't quite manage it) it probably isn't much denser than that. Even then, you can just skip it - Voice is structured more like a collection of short stories linked by theme than an actual novel.

Thanks will czech

Are you talking about Dostoyevsky?

>Are you bongs completely impervious to disgust?

we've been without Christianity since WW1, everyone is morally decadent

>fascinated by his theories on magic and spirituality.
If you haven't already, you need to read his defining talk on magic, Fossil Angels.
glycon.livejournal.com/13888.html
glycon.livejournal.com/14307.html

are we just gonna not address this

The Glycon comic is also good