Is there a way to completely stop caring and never getting affected by bad things

Is there a way to completely stop caring and never getting affected by bad things.

surrender it is called

Death to the passions, death to the world. The last true rebellion!

a variety of drugs or suicide.

Yes, by letting me embrace you in my arms.

You read psychological analysis novels and you never care about anything else again

edgy

>implying that isn't the correct answer to that question

Christ is the answer user, death to the passions and the world.

Is it possible to get completely apathetic due to a self inflicted trauma?

yes religion is a drug too.

>religion is a drug

>Dying to self and making life harder

Yes user, it totally is a drug!

why expect not to be affected?

accept suffering to be the fate of man, and its absence a blessing

resignation & bliss. take up whatever faith appeals to you.

but it is very important and beautiful that you have this sense of tragedy and pain, desu. empathy and sensibility go a long way and it's what this world needs more of imo.

We invented religion from taking drugs.

how does religion make life harder?

Read some philosophy, become a stoic. Its the best life that the average person can lead.

not really

Yes really. Religion is entirely the product of psilocybin. Look it up.

haha burden of proof is on you so provide it or fuck off.

Have you ever tried not to sin?
Hell, I bet you wouldn't even last a week on nofap

So religion replaces your willpower?
That sounds both pathetic and dangerous, if you have to rely on rhetoric from a dead schizo to determine what you do.

it's called being dead

Stoicism and Buddhism

embrace it

Religion requires willpower
Not only you have to believe in stuff but also stop yourself from doing many things society tells you are okay (like premarital sex)

I know that you will completely disregard this post. It's not easy to admit that you are a bad person.

>Religion requires willpower

It also requires a failsafe for forgiveness when you ultimately fail, which Christianity helpfully provides.

society doesn't say premarital sex is okay

It literally requires none.
So do you believe in it or not? You saying it takes willpower to believe in something you apparently believe strongly in is suspect.
>Bad person
I hate saying this but SPOOKED.

Can you expand on this? My intuition tells me that this is the way forward but I'm not sure why (not OP btw)

Realize that all of your suffering comes from within you. Suffering is not caused by outside forces, it comes from your own wants, desires, lusts, and expectations. There are three forms of suffering; physical suffering (pain), the mental suffering, and the suffering of happiness (when good goes bad). The way to stop caring about the negative is to accept this and realize that no one else has the power to cause your suffering but you. You must change the way you perceive the world around you and the way you perceive others.

>You saying it takes willpower to believe in something you apparently believe strongly in is suspect.
Are you a NEET or just underage? It sounds to me like you never did anything with your life other than shitpost on Veeky Forums and masturbate to japanese cartoons

Can you suggest some? I would love to read them

Psychology is a dark and depressing subject matter that takes humanity out of the human mind.

>I want to be taught how not to care.

You're not a computer, senpai.

It takes willpower to lie to yourself.

>projection
pray to god maybe he'll help you come up with an argument.
yes but that means you don't believe in it.

That would be the wrong way to go about things, my young fool.

And what is the proper way?

Live, grow, and honest-to-god self reflection

Ἄφοβον ὁ θεός,
ἀνύποπτον ὁ θάνατος
kαὶ τἀγαθὸν μὲν εὔkτητον,
τὸ δὲ δεινὸν εὐεkkαρτέρητον"

load of shit

>just be happy lol

>honest-to-god self reflection
And what if I keep failing constantly, because this is what I get from my self reflections every single time.

Failing is okay, it's hard. You just have to keep going with it. Failing isn't something to stress over, everyone does it and you just keep working at it because there is no simple answer and there is no one right way.

How old are you, I'm just curious. I'm 29 now and it took dating a 20 year old girl to realize how much I really have truly grown since I was that age, but still how much left I have to grow.

The hard part is being brutally honest with yourself. Admitting your flaws to yourself when you want to believe you're something more or that it is someone else's fault is tougher than it sounds. It just takes time, experience, and being honest with yourself and a desire to change what you do not like and accepting that suffering comes from the way you perceive your experiences and wants and expectations.

Can I have headpats too?

*pats head*

Build the wall, you have enough bricks.

I'm 20 but I never had any good experiences and it only gets worse.
>being brutally honest with yourself
I'm and even more.

Overcome the concept of the ego through meditation and practice.

You are so young, and I don't mean that in a bad way and I don't mean to sound condescending or patronizing. Over the next several years you will do quite a bit of growing up. I got sick of it all and dropped out of college, sold everything I owned, and moved out west with a duffle bag and a bike. It really took me until I was about 24 before I started really coming into myself and even now at 29, I realize it's a life long journey and there are no easy answers.

You've got a long road ahead of you, but you'll look back on 20 and smile and laugh because everything you're going through now will make you stronger as you work through it.

>I got sick of it all and dropped out of college, sold everything I owned, and moved out west with a duffle bag and a bike. It really took me until I was about 24

Sounds like one of the most shitty and parasitic lives imaginable

>Failing isn't something to stress over
>The hard part is being brutally honest with yourself
> suffering comes from the way you perceive

Honestly that's disgusting. If I ever fell so hard I would make the world a better place by killing myself. A life like that is one of the things I most despise and fear.

/r9k/ has completely taken over Veeky Forums

How is selling all material possessions to go travel parasitic? I supported myself, got a job when I got to California and got to move around and see the country on my own dime.

A life like what? Being capable of being free without unnecessary luxuries and appreciating things for what they truly are and reflecting on your own thoughts and actions?

>A life like what?
Being a failure.

>appreciating things for what they truly are
Probably coupled with drug use
>reflecting on your own thoughts and actions
And being a hobo, completely useless to society, circlejerking to your own ideas
I know what people like that are, never amounting to anything, never working hard, always taking shortcuts. And the shortcuts backfire and they go buck to drugs. Because homeless, non-mentally ill 20 year olds without drug problems don't exist

A failure? lol no I just wanted to have an adventure. Also no drug use for me.

I was never a hobo. I just didn't want to be tied down to material possessions and it paid for my trip out west and a couple other small trips. I got an apartment right away and found a job when I got to California. I was never homeless, I just wanted to escape the boring Midwest and have some adventure because I was studying anthropology when I realized I didn't want to be stuck in the career field of academia.

How do you expect me to afford an apartment in LA without working hard? I just wanted something new for my life. Besides, I'm pretty damn happy and content, are you?

Brain surgery. Beware: you'll become near-catatonic.

The last thing I'll say to you is this, we're in a thread on the subject of how to stop caring and how to never get affected by bad things (how to be happy and not to suffer)... Yet, you're getting noticeably upset by the choices I've made for my own life that do not affect your own in the least.

That right there says something about you.

Alright, I guess it's not as bad as I assumed from your philosophy.

Not really upset, it's just that tolerance just doesn't work in some circumstances. And the way you're so full of yourself and unwilling to accept any faults of your own says something about you as well.

I'd like to chime in and say you're both pretty gay, but you are gayer.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm full of faults. I've made plenty of mistakes. I could go on and on about them. I just do my best to not live with regret because there is no going back in time.

I didn't mean to come off as condescending or so full of myself. Shit, for as much as I've learned and grown, I still have so far to go.