Do you or have you ever had a Lady Brett Ashley in your life? Poor Jake

Do you or have you ever had a Lady Brett Ashley in your life? Poor Jake

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a7u1nyHqfSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LBA was basically the Lena Dunham of her time. Avoid avoid avoid

Yeah, but the way Hemingway painted Brett, she was actually attractive unlike Lena Dunham.

>muh dick doesn't work: the book

LBA was a thot

You cannot escape the Jew: a novel.

Not in my own life, but I see it happen in social groups around me.

It's not uncommon; three or four guys are fucking/have fucked the same grill and she essentially has them all by the nuts. But she still complains about it even though it's her doing

if I had a dollar for every robert cohn jew that was in my life

God, I got so upset when she was complaining to Jake about her feelings for Romero and not being able to help running off with him and leaving Mike. She acted as though she felt sooo horrible about it and felt like such a bitch, but it was her own fault and she couldn't even take responsibility. She didn't have the maturity to even say anything to Mike, she just ran off.

But hey, that was to be expected as soon as she was introduced and she and Jake shared the first taxi ride. Still though, she acted as though she had no self control and it was an awful thing for her to have to go through. What a bitch.

Jake should have just left her in Madrid.

I really wish Cohn would have got the shit beat out of him by the bullfighter. What a fucking douche bag.

Oh yes, that's all that's holding you back user. If it weren't for those pesky jews your life would be perfect.

Did he at least thump the chap she was going to marry? I don't recall.

Mine was a Courtney

Cohn knocked out Jake, hit Mike a few times but didn't knock him out, and he beat the shit out of Romero but Romero got him in the face pretty good when Cohn started crying like a little bitch and wanting to shake hands and apologize.

yes
and (((cohns)))
and based bills
and all of them
what the fuck man

Bill was based as fuck.

>wanting to shake hands and apologize.

Oh Christ, it all comes flooding back. Thanks, mate.

I still don't get where people come up with that theory from; did I completely miss a line or something referring to it?

It is known. I think it seems most clear around when Brett comes to see him while she is being dragged around by the Greek.

It was never really clear, he was injured in the war and it brought up at times relating to the love between Jake and Brett and he mentioned being sick from the war to Georgette.

I'm not sure if I entirely believe it, but it's a possibility and I've seen it around the internet quite a bit. It was never really explained in the novel.

theres one line that makes it more or less explicit. he looks in the mirror, i think, and bemoans being injured in "that way" or something

Ahhh yes, was that when Brett and the Count come buy as he's getting out of the shower and goes back to get dressed? I can't remember exactly.

WOW you're such a fag. Robert Cohn was the only non cuck in that story. Jake was literally helping Brett to be a whore, he is in love with her and made her fuck some spic and was okay with it. Robert had the only sense in the entire group to be against such degeneracy.

Where are you getting this dumb idea from, because she's vaguely feminist?

Lady Brett Ashley represented the modern day woman after the sexual revolution.

I keep seeing this meme posted here, where does it come from?

I think Bill was based as well. He sticks to his own business and doesn't really judge loudly whic is fine. He seems the most content of the group, with Jake being a depressed cuck, ...Mike? being a limp wristed literal cuck, Cohn being an insecure bitch with too much muscle and Brett being a trainwreck.
The guy they went fly fishing with also seemed content, though very narrow in his intellect.

This book was about things that were lost in The Great War (WW One).

Brett lost her fiance in the war, and apparently loved him dearly. Can't any romantic action taken by a widower be viewed, from her perspective, as betrayal?

Cohn repeatedly followed her around when she kept telling him to fuck off. He was inconsolable because she didn't want to keep him. He would constantly get humiliated and mocked in public and would just sit there and take it.

Did I fall for bait?

>Jake
wojak
>Robert
angry pepe
>Bill
good guy Greg
>Mike
scumbag Steve
>Romero
chad

>Harris
forever alone guy

>and made her fuck some spic
He didn't make her do anything. Robert was a little bitch who cried and wanted to shake hands and never showed his face again.

He literally took her to the spic and allowed the woman he loves to get fucked by a teenaged boy ( see video attached) and the only person who was against it was Robert Cohn because he truly loved her and wanted her to abandon her slutish ways and become a good wife where they could live in purity for the rest of their lives. Robert Cohn is the true hero here.

imagine your beloved getting banged by these guys.
youtube.com/watch?v=a7u1nyHqfSM
I bet it turns you cucks on

>loving someone means wanting to force them into being how you want them instead of who they are

Ironically, I was dating a girl who was Brett Ashley personified while reading TSAR. She started to flirt with me while dating one of my friends. Sadly I fell, betrayed my friend and went out with her. I was too in love to notice the similarities and to even get the character in the book. A month after we broke up and everything started to make sense. My friend and I made amends hating on the bitch and I realized Hemingwaaaaaaay was right. TSAR is now one of my favorite books.

>wheres my morning wood?: a memoir

>What do you know about Lady Brett Ashley, Jake?

>Her name's Lady Ashley. Brett's her own name. She's a nice girl

do you faggots do this on purpose

Guys this thread is hilarious. We should all reread the book together along with other meme books like less than zero and the great gatsby. Entry tier shit bc ain't no one got the time to do a lit reads infinite jest of Veeky Forums.

Honestly seems like it'd be a fun time if we stuck to easy books plus more memes.

>>It's not uncommon; three or four guys are fucking/have fucked the same grill and she essentially has them all by the nuts. But she still complains about it even though it's her doing
it is quite natural for women to do this, but very few women can turn this potential into an art and become some femme fatale

lol I'd be down

Totally down, start a new thread and let's get this shit going