What are some good cooking or food related documentaries?

What are some good cooking or food related documentaries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com
putlocker.ac/watch-somm-online-free-putlocker-2012.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Obu1kANcIcs&list=PLs5QC9fkiJcpTXkYnwZNZfTQHe-uAnF8Y
realclearscience.com/blog/2014/08/the_most_infamous_study_on_wine_tasting.html
youtu.be/Q5hA3PN0uic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Entertaining and 100% factual.

I caught this on netflix on a whim and absolutely loved it, if you like historical recreations of food this is a good one to watch.

Not a documentary but I thought pic related was bretty gud.

"The World According to Monsanto" gives great insight into what the reality is about GMO's. They BTFO these corporate sycophants promoting that garbage. A good barometer of why it's true is how hard they ground their teeth about it.

Terms and phrases that make you instantly disregard a food documentary when advertised.

>corporate
>GMO
>"a good barometer"

Eyyyyy

>t. corporate sycophant

Deli Man - follows a man who grew up in his family's deli and now he's taken over the business

The Search for General Tso - exactly as it sounds; who created the dish that you can find in almost every nook of the country?

Cooked (Netflix Original) - takes you through the history of food especially in regards to friendly mold (e.g. beer, bread, cheese) Trigger Warning: the narrator is one of these dumb "ban soda and trans fat" liberals. He keeps the preaching to a bare minimum, thankfully.

If you miss a good documentary because you don't like how it was presented to you by some /b/tard on Veeky Forums, it's your loss. Unless you're one of those "I'd rather not know the truth" kinda people... bitches.

Fed Up - Food Behavior

Food Inc.

Food Matters

Free Food and Medicine series

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah he's not regarding my shill documentary designed to "open your mind" seriously

just like I don't read your shitty credulous blogspot. stay mad cultists ;)

>just like I don't read your shitty credulous blogspot
>cultists

Right. You just listen to Alex Jones, Clear Channel and browse Breitbart.

You know which end has a point. Hold properly and insert carefully in vital areas.

"for Grace" is worth a watch.

>/b/tard

I'm the user that posted the Monsanto documentary and I've been to /b/ once, and never again, so I don't know how on earth you came up with that classification for me.

"Somm" is pretty good

>Documentary about people about to take the Master Sommelier test (Only like 250 people have ever passed it)
>Follows 4 slightly unlikable people and an autist as they study for the highest Sommelier test (Master Sommelier)
>Documentary goes through JUST HOW FUCKING AUTISTIC THIS SHIT IS HOLY FUCK
>Get to watch as people who have been training 16hrs a day for years fail

Here is a trailer, can't shill this shit enough. It was incredibly interesting
youtube.com
/watch?v=O4zeyuk8hL8

Here is a slightly shitty but workable stream (USE A FUCKING ADBLOCKER THOUGH)
putlocker.ac/watch-somm-online-free-putlocker-2012.html

>lists more kook authors and blogspots I don't pay any attention to

Awww, how cute! it thinks i'm a stormfag because I shat on its new age MUUUUHH GEEEEE EMMMM OOHHHS SO UNNATURE drivel.

Jiro Nightmares of Assrape

Anyone know a good documentary on cheese?

Thanks for the rec user, I enjoyed this

great recommendation man, thanks

"That sugar films" about how there's sugar in everything and how it fucks many people up. The director embarks on a high sugar diet from "natural foods" and isn't having a good time..

The Documentary Now spoof on Jiro episode was fantastic.

How did Eat Drink, Man Woman not occur to you fucks? Like talking to peasants.

At least the peasants can read. OP was asking about documentaries, not romantic comedies.

The search for general tso is pretty comfy

>le japanese grandmaster of 100 years training

Second this, really comfy film.
Adding to this:
>chefs table
>mind of a chef (only with David Chang who has charisma)
>midnight diner
>moltissimo on vice with batali is also comfy
>the search for general tso
>peter and the farm (this doc will fuck you up)

City of Gold was good. Follows around a legendary LA food critic and he discusses his life, personal philosophy etc. Seems like a really cool guy. It's on Hulu or Netflx.

Historieätarna - a swedish "mockumentary" about life and food culture from the birth of the nation until now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Obu1kANcIcs&list=PLs5QC9fkiJcpTXkYnwZNZfTQHe-uAnF8Y

Do not think there exists subtitles, but as a swedecuck it was comfy.

He's a huge meme, but his "Great Escape" series was kinda based.

Was gonna say this, now my life has no purpose.

Glad to help. Probably in my top 5 documentaries

Not really a documentary but I like Bourdain's No Reservations. I read his book ages ago and he's a pretty chill guy, very rock 'n roll, good taste in food and interesting places he visits.

pretty fitting for Veeky Forums judging by all the fast food related threads here...

Not him but stop shitting up the thread with your autistic writing style you literal manchild.

Keeping the wine theme going:

Sour Grapes
A Year in Champagne
A Year in Burgundy

>fresh oak
>like freshly opened tennis balls
the fucking pretentiousness of this nonsense is off the charts

it's not really edited well but it teaches you a lot about the cattle rearing and slaughtering industry

the super funny part is it's all fake, super tasters don't exist, it's a gigantic marketing meme that took on a life of it's own and became a religion

I know, I would bet a million bucks that those sommeliers would fail as bad as those wine '''''scientists'''' if you did the same as link related
realclearscience.com/blog/2014/08/the_most_infamous_study_on_wine_tasting.html
>food color
>color white wine red
>everybody is fooled

Pretty funny doc about a foul-mouthed guy who runs a small diner in NYC.

>that ian dude completely not believing to have it wrong when he practices
>he made it a year later after the documentary anyway
lmao

Didn't really like Somm, it was just so U.S. focused and full of cringe moments to me. If you want to learn more about wine the followup doc featuring some of the Sommeliers in Somm called "SOMM: Into the Bottle" is a good watch.
>chefs table
My #1 food show ever just full GOAT.
>mind of a chef (only with David Chang who has charisma)
Really? I liked David Chang's season but he kind of got repetitive. I also really liked Sean Brock, really informative about the South while still entertaining. I'm really mad his season was split with April Bloomfield, I didn't finish her episodes. Ed Lee was alright, and Magnus is top-tier. Currently watching Gabrielle Hamilton, and don't really like her.
>peter and the farm (this doc will fuck you up)
fuck this looks sad
I really liked The Layover. Also I really enjoyed his first show A Cook's Tour, he was much less arrogant and ready to learn.
>Sour Grapes
Fun to see the Somms and Koch get BTFO

It's not purely foodrelated but there are some parts that deal with soft drinks and agriculture: Ideocrazy

> Ideocrazy
I typed that wrong: Idiocracy

documentary, you dummy, not just movie recommendations

>brian and dustin didn't taste the same 5 wines as the other guy
>both passed
what?

Brian tasted with Ian, Dustin tasted with the other bald dude and the black guy

Fast Food Nation is pretty good, not really a documentary but it is educational I guess.

Trailer
youtu.be/Q5hA3PN0uic

A Matter of Taste

The Supersizers... is quite fun if you mostly want to watch Giles Coren & Sue Perkins dick around.

This was bretty good.

The birth of sake

Follows the daily operations of a traditional sake brewery. I liked it so much I tracked down some of their bottles and gave it a go.it was the second-best sake I ever tasted, made even better by the imagery of the folks making it.

Check it out on Netflix

Just finished watching Jiro, and it was really interesting. Are there any documentaries about master baking?