Favourite way to eat sweet potatoes? I'm a fan of dipping it in Vanilla ice cream and jimmies desu

Favourite way to eat sweet potatoes? I'm a fan of dipping it in Vanilla ice cream and jimmies desu.

Dat looks lik a dussy

Anally

I'ma stick my face innit an *slurpslurpslurp*

dat sweet, potato pussy

Butter and cinnamon.

I use them as i use potatoes and works fantastically well

For me, the plain steamed sweet potato is a glorious treat.
If for whatever reason a plain sweet potato doesn't cut it, I will smother it in powdered peanut butter which has been reconstituted into a runny mess.
I only consume pic related, however. Orange/red sweet potatoes and suck a dick.

Ooo I like baked covered with butter, cayenne, brown sugar, green onions and bacon bits.

They taste fine plain

>orange sweet potatoes and suck a dick
What did he mean by this?

Prolly meant "can" instead of "and"

i want to fuck that potato

ew. it's like mealy sand. it's like when checkers has their worst batch of french fries, but also it's sugary.

finally a potato i can fuck

i like them with roasted chicken.

Fly ova detectd

They are good sautéed for a long time with garlic and oil or made into fries and deep fried.
Eating them steamed plain is boring as fuck.

Only tried this root as baked frites, it tasted like à super sweet carot-potato. Not my thing.
But I am sure it would be good in a desert tho ! It is not that popular in French cuisine...

For normal sweet potatoes (not that orange yam kind), I like to chop it into cubes, toss with oil and cumin and other spices, and roast in a hot cast-iron pan in the oven until well browned/cooked. Then make tacos using the sweet potato, some black beans, pico de gallo, and sour cream.

For the orange kind, it gets quite sweet if you cook it a long time/at a high temperature, and it's pretty good as a dessert as guesses, but it's also pretty nice if you pair it with something savory.

It goes well with "fresh" tasting herbs like chives, green onion, or cilantro, and a little bit of heat can be nice.

For example, try dressing it basically like a normal baked potato: slice lengthwise, mash in some butter a bit, salt, add green onion or chives, maybe some cayenne pepper, sour cream.

Or: try slicing off rounds and then searing on a hot castiron and bake until it starts to shrink and shrivel a little, kind of dry out slightly. Put on a pizza, using a garlic and olive oil rub instead of a sauce, and also add toppings: something acidic to help cut through the richness of the potato, something a little bitter to balance out the sweetness, and something a little spicy to complement. I like to use roasted tomato, arugula, and a roasted pepper like poblano or allepo.

Precisely this. My favourite way is to bake it in the oven for a long time until the sugars begin caramelising and turning brown. I have it steamed in the microwave too, but baking is hands down best.

I've found that dry mint and a small amount of powdered ginger work surprisingly well with the orange ones we buy. I was just experimenting one day and hit upon that odd but delicious pairing.

I cut them in half and eat them straight up with the skin on. No butter or sugar. They're really tasty on their own.

Cooked for hours, over a woodfire. Fuck, nothing can say "childhood" to me more than yaki-imo. Except an old guy shouting "yaki-imo" from the back of a truck.

Ginger goes really well with sweet - it's a shame few people realize this.

I make a really nice soup that uses pureed, roasted sweet potato and carrot as a base, and I put fresh grated ginger in it, shit is delicious.

user's afternoon methinks

in Ceviche

Slice them lengthwise, pepper and salt and some olive oil. Put the halves back together and wrap in foil. Put them in a bbq with ashgrey briquettes for an hour. Unwrap, pull halves apart and let it cool down. No need for any sauce..

>looks like vuhdyaina

this
f u

If this was actually the Thanksgiving dessert I would eat it. My family uses a layer of large marshmallows and about half the sweet potatoes.

In pie form.

i wanna eat it
uuuuhuhuhhuhhuumgghguhuhuhuh u huhhuhhu hu

Was this thread made for me?

Pic related, made yesterday and tried today. Came out great!

White flesh sweet potato is superb in Jamaican sweet potato pudding. This is my favorite sweet potato dish so far. Gotta make sure you rum soak your raisins for this one.

Sweet potato dinner rolls end up extremely mild in that potato flavor. Like a potato bun with a slight sweetness. Very enjoyable.

Baked these scones tonight to use my last 3 potatoes. I think I overworked the dough while combining the wet and dry, because the end result was an odd texture. Moist enough inside but the outer layer, which I think should be crumbly, was too chewy. Maybe I overbaked them too. Still delicious though I'll eat them anyway.

Demerara sugar makes for the best sprinkle on topping before the bake.

tl;dr Jamaican sweet potato pudding is the best. Only use white sweet potatoes for it, and hand grate the potatoes rather than food processor them.

MiQuel Marvin Samuels on YT has a great recipe for this.

>Sweet potato fries.
>Sweet potato and butternut squash soup.
>Sweet potato and honey parsnips fried up with onions and shit.

That looks tasty.
What's your recipe?

>MiQuel Marvin Samuels on YT has a great recipe for this.
I had attempted another recipe (albeit with orange potato) that failed, but I followed this one and it came out perfect. Didn't even touch the bake time. I didn't have a pan cover to bake with so I just covered it with foil. Only other thing I did was sprinkle my raisins with 2tbsp of dark rum.

Don't be too worried if you take it out and it's still a little jiggly. It sets more whIle it cools, then even more in the fridge.

Poke pitatoes with fork, In the oven, turn it to 425, wait an hour, add a little honey and cinnamon

Forgot one I tried and didn't take a pic of. Sweet Potato "Coins".

Take a long tubular sweet potato and cut thin coins, like 1/4" or less all the way down. Put in a medium bowl and toss with a tbsp or two of oil, and a tsp or so of paprika, cumin, and salt (or go hog wild on the salt like I do). Bake at 450 spread out on a parchment lined pan for 10 minutes, then flip all the coins and bake another ten minutes. Watch them near the end so they don't burn on you.

Serve as soon as they're cooled enough. Great snack.

Savory only. Grilled with salt and butter

If you wanna make something salty, treat them like potatoes.
If you wanna make something sweet, treat them like pumpkins.

If you mean on its own, I love caramelized sweet potatoes (tossed with butter, brown sugar/honey, cinnamon, and chili powder, roasted til done).

If any use for sweet potato, then red lentil sweet potato stew.

>Get a baked sweet potato with fully intact skin
>Hold potato from the bottom
>Peel and eat like a banana

I used to work in a kitchen, and whenever my shift ended I'd walk out the door, sweet potato in hand. It's a very satisfying snack.

The mobile sweet potato is the future

Is that what a vagina looks like