Is there any sport that is more/ sci/ than cycling?

Is there any sport that is more/ sci/ than cycling?

It combines mechanics, aerodynamics and human anatomy. It gives you long periods of time to do nothing but think in solitude.

Even Ken Ono credits his mathematical results, in part, to cycling.

Well Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IfuRaHrpogE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's not how you spell crew

That's not how you spell boxing

One can even say, it's Veeky Forumscyling

>Is there any sport that is more/ sci/ than cycling?
We are talking about pharmaceutical sciences, right? Right?

Perhaps with a dash of forensic science too?

>It gives you long periods of time to do nothing but think in solitude.
This is why I enjoy it. Also when i'm thinking I don't feel like I'm pedalling.

I cycle, but your statement is retarded. All sports with people moving on planet earth involve mechanics, anatomy, and aerodynamics.

I boxed for awhile then stopped. blunt force trauma to the head isn't good for maintaining the health of your brain matter, m8.

Maybe, but not to the same extent as cycling; not even close

Cycling is the most un-sexy sport there is.

You're an idiot. The upper levels of every sport are slap full of all kinds of insane science.

>The upper levels of every sport are slap full of all kinds of insane science

Maybe, but I'm talking about sports for Veeky Forumsentists and, well, not a lot are world class athletes.

>not a lot are world class athletes.
Then shit like mechanics, anatomy, and aerodynamics aren't coming into play even in cycling.

You're just a dickhead on a bike.

american football is the most Veeky Forums sport there is, haven't you heard of John Urschel?

>Maybe, but I'm talking about sports for Veeky Forumsentists and, well, not a lot are world class athletes.

E-sports then. It's way more Veeky Forums then any other sport.

>Then shit like mechanics, anatomy, and aerodynamics aren't coming into play even in cycling.

If you cycled, even at the lowest level, you would know that is not true.

But here you are, on your laptop

Yes, because you wearing nuthuggers and knowing how to tuck=that coming into play.

Archery.
It's simple geometry.

Running is obviously the best, and only exercise an intelligent person should do

Really, lifting is by far the best. Highest level of benefits for lowest time involvement. Widest group of health benefits. Injuries are most often from poor decisions on lifter (not using spotters, not using proper technique, lifting too heavy, etc) and not something like your shins just deciding to explode because you've continually hammered them.

If you're going to recommend an aerobic exercise, then the best one is swimming. But for allround health? Lifting.

Does swimming make you a brainlet from holding your breath?

When I was training we were taught to never hold your breath.
You'd constantly exhale, until you needed another breath, where you'd breath out the side beneath at a certain part of your stroke

>Cycling is the most un-sexy sport there is.
I beg to differ (no nudity):

facebook dot c0m/media/set/?set=p.735267893205564&type=3

This man gets it.

Not to mention the autism you can put into it.

Yeah, but then you have to take quick breaths.
Maybe that could make you a brainlet?

Diagram suggests otherwise.

You're an idiot if you think calories burned is even the main point of exercise.

Plus, weight lifting causes extra calories burnt when the muscle is being rebuilt during rest.

Motorsports are the most Veeky Forums

Aerodynamics is important even for amateur cyclists. If you think otherwise you clearly have no idea what you're taking about.

>thinks 3% gains from wearing skin tight lycra offsets having to move 250lbs of fat

no, it's the most scientific sport, I've learnt a ton of physics in it
Also Froome

>thinks I was referring to clothing
Look at that, you proved you're retarded.

All sports have science in the but you can't apply science to no sport as good as to cycling, we can measure everything, unlike other sports, we win races by using smart physics, every pro cyclist literally measures his power at every moment

Pretty sure that's Mark Cavendish

>there are people who do not cycle
Really why are they even alive

Swimming is up there as well. In my swimming days, I thought extensively about how to make my body more hydrodynamic for every stroke, at every point in the race. Really important when water is like, 8 times as dense as air.
Also lots of thinking about human anatomy and biochemistry, e.g. cellular respiration.

well yeah, but you never go to wind tunnels to measure your drag, there isn't much equipment you can make faster in swimming except for the suit. while in cycling you've got so much more going on, and there is so much improvement that can be made
Froomey is in your picture

Yeah, I remember when I first signed up for the local boxing gym. I was pretty hyped until I noticed that all pro-amateurs had slurred speech patterns and seemed fucking retarded. Then watching a video of Ali in his later years maybe me terrified of boxing.

I just wanted to punch people

Heavens, no! Looking cool is always number one.

Why not bowling? Throwing the most spherical ball in sports down a plane, that will have topographical issues, that also has a "conditioner" lane oil applied, that can be applied in various patterns by machines that are constantly tested (in a good center) to make there the inches per second is correct on the drive, the cleaner ratio and output is correct, the vacuum for the cleaner is as high as possible, then applied onto the lane. 1/10th of an inch accuracy on the forward and reverse application, and within less than an inch side to side.

Surface roughness of the balls is the biggest factor for "hook" as well as the chemical composition of the coverstock. The cores of the balls are all different as well, having different CG, RG and Diff variables.

Also the lane surfaces have different characteristics, some are soft, some are hard, some are wood with a laquer finish that gets worn down in the track.

And most of the bowlers now who are fat, drunk, walking carcinogen bags are dying off. More athletes who actually work out and use kinesiology and motion tracking software to work on form and release....

Pool is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=IfuRaHrpogE

How so? Attached is a video of one of the products available now that helps remove oil from the coverstock. Part of how new balls work (about the late 80's early 90's) is absorbing oil, and once they get so soaked up they can't take in any more.

Can you use ultra-sonic tech on billiard balls?

Far more complex reactions to account for, more positions to analyze, you can go full autismo on the stick and how you treat the little pad on the end as well as the table surface.

>Can you use ultra-sonic tech on billiard balls?
Absolutely.

Okay, I see your points. I do billiards too often, but not as much. Always in a shitty environment. I would think that both of these would be more science and physics related than cycling. Most modern cycling from what I have read and heard about is more medical (pharma) than the bikes themselves.