Rolled or steel cut?

Rolled or steel cut?

Steel cut nigga with some brown sugar and cinnamin

Is honey good if there's no brown sugar?

[spoilersdontworkonck]I don't know the difference[/spoilers]

I'm even worse
>Just get the instant microwavable oats
>made with milk and sweet&low

Rolled is the oatmeal you're used to eating. Steel cut looks like bird food pellets and has a tougher texture

Nigger, how hard can it be to bring equal parts milk and water to a boil and then stir in a cup of oats oats until it thickens?

That sounds unappealing.

Is the consistency better or does it still feel like I'm eating a bowl of tasty mud?

Just imagine being able to kind of sort through the individual oats in your mouth, chewing into them and feel just a very slight resistance in between your teeth. The added texture is actually really appealing.

steel cut with a little splenda is amazing. love their flavor

What's the point of eating something like this?

It's yumyum and makes you take real nice shit after :)

be honest, how fat are you?

steel cut with agave and olive oil

For squatting faget

It tastes good and is easy to make, plus you can do practically anything to it to alter the flavor.

I'm not fat, I only weigh 210lbs

Depends on how much time you have.
Though, if you are dieting you want rolled b/c steel is calorie dense af

>hard
It's not about difficulty, it's about speed

How to make good steel cut oat

Instant. Soaked overnight with milk.

*suppresses gag*

Steel cut, in my electric pressure cooker. Takes about 3 minutes.

Now when I see people making oats over a stovetop I can't help but evangelize the superiority of the pressure cooker for this sort of cooking.

any, because both are awesome.
unless you are 7 feet tall you are overweight.

Steel cut soaked overnight, takes about 5 minutes.

isn't honey better than any sugar?

Guddamn. I miss oats. I wish I could eat them.
Oats own.
Ownts.

In terms of taste, it depends what you're eating it with. I prefer brown sugar to honey in my oatmeal. In terms of nutrition, it's basically the same thing.

I bought the steel cut meme but I found out that rolled is better in every way so once I'm out of steel cut I'll be on the rolled train. And thank fuck because steel cut is never on sale, and is less versatile for cooking.

There is barely any nutritional difference. Steel cut just takes longer to cook and thus has a different texture. It's like the difference between having a potato whole or cut up.

Perhaps there's some extra longevity for storage with steel-cut but that's a wild guess.

What am I missing out if I only eat instant oat?

Steel cut Scottish oats

Its hard to describe just buy good quality oats

In my opinion steel cut is better cause you can grind it with a blender or food processor to desired texture and it cuts the cooking time in half

>pay 3x the price for steel cut oats
>go through the extra step of turning them into instant oats yourself

Veeky Forums is honestly the most retarded board.

grinding them for just a few pulses in the blender just changes the texture its not wasting them.

I just do it cause i dont feel like sitting at the stove for 40 mins stirring them.

I also have tried pre soaking them in cold water the night before .

steel cut foreskins

This isn't a meme, I tried Trader Joe's generic organic steel cut, not even close to the flavor.

meme'd