Just enjoying a cigarette and Ulysses outside in this beautiful Texas weather

Just enjoying a cigarette and Ulysses outside in this beautiful Texas weather

How do you like to read Veeky Forums?

>i enjoy the image of reading more than reading itself

This
Put your phone down and read, princess

Once I read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle for half an hour on a beach and it was glorious. It was my only time so far, I hope it's not my last.

>enjoying cancer while getting cancer in a cancerous state

p much

who else /literarylifestyle/ here? boy i sure love being a reader, right guys?? :)

nice fedora

i like to sit on the toilet while kicking my feet up to let the blood flow downward, so when i get back up after 20-30 minutes fresh blood pumps through my numb legs and it feels glorious, i have a little stepping stool in my bathroom for it. I'll rest an ankle on a knee occasionally and scratch/peel at my athletes' foot as well. yesterday i knocked out an entire Dubliners story while taking a nice steamy one, felt nice. When i got back up on my numb legs I felt like I was hovering because I couldn't feel my legs touching the floor. sometimes i do it even if i dont have to poop, just kinda hang out for a good 45-60 min until a few nuggets find their way out, just as an excuse to read and feel the serene numbness. I highly recommend it tbqh senpai.

How much of your bowels are outside the hole?

This is my life.

fedoras don't smoke friendo

Wow it's like I really am on facebook

Pretentious af my man.

at my computer desk

kill me now

None, I push them right back in with my head whenever I feel them overcoming the gravitational pull of the sun.

readreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadread

is that a fedora on the shadow?

kek, it looks like it

what if your neighbors see you dude won't you be embarassed

*tips hamlet hat*

You guys are clearly just jealous of the fact that I can appreciate beauty on more levels than one and am sincerely happy doing so. Y'all shouldn't be projecting your insecurities (which I'm sure widely include spending more time talking superficially about books on this spaghetti board than actually reading them) onto me! I was just asking a simple stylistic question regarding reading habits, I was trying to brag about being able to enjoy a difficult novel—which is really amazing btw guys, just started Scylla and Charybdis and am finding that many of my opinions regarding not only Hamlet but much of the Shakespearean oeuvre fall in tow with Stephen's, who I see also fancies himself much more of an Aristotelian than Platonic. And here I thought start with the Greeks was just a meme!

No, I don't give a mouse's bum about what my inbred neighbors "think"

*tip to return*

*wasn't a Freudian slip

>not finishing all of Shakespeare's work before starting Ulysses

Nope. Can't take you seriously.

Fuck you.

>slip instead of lapsus
my sides

>cheapest lunch in town

What a silly mandate you've provided—that's like saying, "you haven't read the entire OED before reading a single novel? I can't take you seriously;" "you started reading QED but you haven't finished the Principia? I can't take you seriously;" etc etc

Criticize the pretentious douchebag for not being pretentious enough? So what, I'm either supposed to be exceedingly erudite and academically specific with my language or not at all?

Jesus you guys don't even know why you insult people

Lying down, face-up. Or, on my phone, walking in between places

you show em

Tl;dr

>smoking
>living in Texas
>unironically reading Ulysses

P S E U D

T H R E A D

fpbp

{its a lifestyle}
texas isnt too bad , not north dallas.

Stop smoking user. If I had to guess you're a pseud who prides himself intellectually the most for his semi-recently developed reading habit.

There is roughly zero utility in smoking darts

Have you even considered that if you're unanimously being told that you're acting like a pseud that you may in fact be doing so. Writing some garrulous diatribe isn't going to help. You also seem to have the thinest skin I've ever seen on this board

>I can appreciate beauty on more levels than one
Seriously, user, give your head a shake

welcome to the comfort zone
enjoy my hoard in the background that i've been meaning to clean up for a month now

>implying your op wasn't bait in the first place

*thinnest

>implying where someone is from matters in the least

But smoking fags aesthetically speaking is cool, and looking cool is a utility—not to mention the act is smoking one is nice

Nice, I like it

please stop correcting people for typos; it's annoying as fuck having to reply to your own post to correct one typo because you know that if you don't, someone else will

im trying to stop reading in bed because it ends up hurting my neck but that's usually where i do it
before i stopped smoking i'd read outside while smoking sometimes but it's overrated desu

bing?

>reading in the sunlight

enjoy your cataracts gaylord

>stopping reading time to gloat about it
are you a woman? you obviously don't care for the book enough.

saved

>i fall for painfully obvious bait

if the house is empty, i read in the living room.

if the house is not empty, i read in my room. in my bed if it's early morning or late night, at my desk during the day.

>Texan
>uses "cigarette" in the OP, but "fag" here
Very well constructed bait, gotta hand it to you.

Thanks, I currently have way too much time on my hands

Looks comfy user

Functioning lungs and non-cancerous tissue are greater utilities than "looking cool".

why are you even here
if you don't care then stop defending yourself and leave

i wanted to shitpost itt but that beautiful sound for 'game found' stopped me, cya in 1 h lads

r u a grill

>How do you like to read Veeky Forums?

I have been reading whilst walking through the local park for years now. Keeps me outside and active.
My legs are steel now.

they vape

That's how I read most of Ulysses last summer. Out at some park in Paris (Paris, France not Paris, TX) smoking away. It was beautiful.

I hate people like you.

What's the matter love?

Watch where you're going you fuck

This park is in the middle of nowhere, it's just me and a few rapists, dogging gay's and heroin junkies, everyone keeps to themselves, never bumped against anyone.

I autistically ramble and walk when i read, so I'm barred from reading in front of anyone.

Why those marks on the pages? I don't know their name.

That you Cliff Sargent?

Can never beat reading in Colorado Springs during the Summer. Pikes Peak still capped with an awkward July snow. The dry, mile-high breeze blowing through your hair as you chillax in an obligatory camping chair.

Yeah, fuck Texas.

Lying nearly comatose on my bed just barely able to click the right arrow key on my pdfs to turn them to the next page

Hey I live in the springs too. Garden of the gods is my summer reading location on the weekends.

I don't live there anymore. I grew up there. I live in Memphis, now. Moved away in August of last year.

I miss home.

Also in Texas.

Also an astrological cancer.

It Didn't snow legit until last week or two. Not even some powder in October. Shits getting fucky

That's what my friend told me. I need to go back soon to see my son. I travel a lot for work, so I get to see the country outside of this southern shithole.

You have Skype, user?

I do, though I'm at work atm and don't remember the name. Give me yours and I'll add you when I'm home.

theecourier

>"enjoying" smoking
i hope you enjoy smelling like shit to everyone and i hope you enjoy the countless problems that will most definitely arise from smoking. but hey, you look cool, just like those movie actors d:^)

I label Passages/lines/words/things I may want to look up or remember.

I like reading after sexing yer mom. Finished War and Peace in 2 days.

>Cigarettes don't give him waves of anxiety and depression that last for half an hour

Fucking NT

>enjoying a cigarette and Ulysses
does one really enjoy ulysses?

>>Cigarettes don't give him waves of anxiety and depression that last for half an hour
what the fuck, unless you're 15 and stealing cigs from your mom I see no reason why this should happen

Of course you dont, normie scum.

>etcetc smoking is bad

A board dedicated to spending hours upon hours of a finite lifespan filling their minds with entertainment and knowledge that will neither contribute or expand said lifespan.

Unless you're reading a manual on surviving a niche situation or somehow put credit into knowledge defining the quality of life when in reality, it's about as close as you can get to trying to "figure out" life itself.

As a smoker, I appreciate the reminder that I'm mortal, and the eventual self-hatred of myself that occurs with not being able to quit. It reminds me to spend less time sitting on my ass (like right now). I agree that seeing the world in a new light, or escaping the world, are both valuable in the face of said mortality, but believe it or not, any self-destructive act provides that.

Constantly pursuing moderation and time management are valid, and reading can be just as much of a "trap" to not view the world in front of you.

>tldr Reading is potentially a more damaging addiction when viewing a lifespan as a commodity.

Walking meme

Why is it ALWAYS Ulysses when it comes to pseuds?