Does anyone else get annoyed with all the fucking similes?

Does anyone else get annoyed with all the fucking similes?

what's a similie

it's like a metaphor

The depth of that humor is fantiastic!

Kek

what does that piece of cellulose talk about?

>Some may seize on it as a postmodern masterpiece, but it is a bloated monster of a book. (...) The bloat is a consequence of sheer adipose verbosity and an unremitting condition of moral and intellectual flatulence. (.....) The abjection of (Gass') hero seems less lived than written. It is an act of ventriloquism: behind the repulsive, potentially fascist narrator stands his critic, the novelist, presumably committed to humane, democratic values. But those values are nowhere intimated in the book, and what emerges is a kind of inadvertent complicity between author and protagonist. The supposedly critical novel becomes an enactment of bad faith.

>Not reading the actul best Tunnel.
Pleb detected.

my nigga.

Again: what does that piece of cellulose talk about?

Is there a punchline to this?

Who said this?

it's a redditor attempting to fit in, just let him google it

How difficult is this book to read? I find the concept interesting but I don't want to bust my ass to order it if it's just gonna be another unread doorstop on my shelf

this thread is choke

kill yourself, pathetic memephagous

chokes on (((carbon))) monoxide

get the fuck out then

get a wife

Robert Alter

Is it really possible that the finest sensations in life are simple: the delicate brush of Lou’s hair across my chest, for instance? Yes. It is possible. Or was it the feeling I felt in each length as they drifted over me, the love I perceived in their gentle tickle? Yes. That was possible too. With Lou’s soft first kiss, wasn’t it mainly the miracle of its happening at all which made it so wondrous, so plainly impossible? And was I waiting on the stair for the world’s wind to do the same, to display for me that rare union of meaning, gesture, and understanding, which the artist gnaws up knuckles to achieve? O. Oooh…the decades I’ve done in and then abandoned without even waiting for the wounds to bleed!

>Gass wrote a main character that is a meany that I can't disagree with because he's so smart so Gass is a bad person

read this as praise for writing a good character. The Tunnel by WHG is GOAT-tier.