I hope you guys never cook in order to impress someone

I hope you guys never cook in order to impress someone

No.

I cook purely to enjoy good food with the people I care about.

Also for profit.

I just got a job as a lead line cook at a new restaurant opening up after having been out of the business for a few years.

Tomorrow we get our first food delivery and will cook through the full menu, and you can sure as fuck count on the fact that I'll be trying to impress the chef-owner who hired me.

i just cook for fun but sometimes it happens to impress someone in the meantime

Jesus Christ user, it's just a grilled cheese.

Good luck though I hope things go smoothly for you.

Thanks, user. I'm sure it will be fine.

Today we just set up the kitchen, organized the walk-in/dry storage, etc., and talked through the full menu. It seems pretty upscale, but the chef is keeping the cooking even more simple than Favreau's grilled cheese - at least on the line.

When I interviewed I was upfront about my limited experience.

I've worked high volume and can hold my own, but I've only ever been a line cook, and haven't done anything super high end or really know enough to be a grunt at what I thought this place was going to be (they put a shit ton of money into the dining room, and are marketing it as pretty upscale). It turns out I'm the most experienced cook on the opening team right now, and he keeps looking to me for feedback/suggestions on his ideas.

During my second interview he literally said, "I like you and your attitude, but the one thing I'm concerned about is your limited experience". I think he's already thinking of grooming me to be sous chef, and he hasn't even seen me cook yet.

I'm also drunk as fuck and we don't open for probably another week. This retarded job is going to bring back my alcoholism.

Well actually I do cook to impress people or at least I will be soon enough. I'm from london and my bf is an amerilard I'm meeting his bible thumping mid western parents/family on saturday and was planning a french menu. I'm awesome at cooking just wanted to ask if y'all had any tips for cooking for new people.

Why?

Not everyone is as shit as you.

>bring a guy to your home
>show your care and skill by cooking
>cause a food coma
You now have a happy and near immobile man in your home to hug and cuddle
How is this a bad thing that should be avoided?

Not so much to impress, more to convince my parents that I'm not about to die of scurvy.

>bible thumping mid western parents/family
>french menu

You'll realize your error when you meet a real, live midwestern bible thumper.

>have a couple of friends come around to have a smoke and play with my NES
>I'm making a makeshift """chilli""" with pinto beans, pork, zucchini, red onions, tomato sauce, garlic and a bunch of random spices
>we'd usually just snack on chips and nuts or something, but since I'm already cooking I offer them a bowl
>they're fucking blown away and keep complimenting me on it to the point it's embarrassing for all of us
>a huge ass pot of it is gone within the hour
Feels good man
But to answer OP's question, I don't. I never even cook for anyone other than the veganfags who buy my cakes

>be passable cook
> enjoy making food for friends
>they get blown away by the flavor almost everytime
Shame that no one knows how to season shit properly.

But it's one of the very few reason i can get laid.

Romantic self made dinner is one of the easiest ways if you are poor.

I am making my first lasagna today. It should be ready soon. I'm making it to impress my mom. She will be visiting me in an hour or so.
I want to return the favor of her always cooking good food for me.
Somehow I have a bad feel about this. Everything has been going too smoothly so far.

Make a thread telling me how bad it went after it's over.

Bible thumping Midwesterner here. They will hate you and your French surrender food

I hate when chicks try to feed me to impress me. I'd much rather eat out with someone that's a trained cook.

(Although I think this is because most women try to impress with baked goods or something "hearty" like a casserole.)

I'm not a picky eater and will chow down on most of what you give me, but I have a Crohn's/Colitis variant and sometimes my stomach gets fucked up, so I don't eat on most people's schedules - a huge pain in the ass if a girl has been slaving over an oven or prep or whatever all day and then I'm not ready for food.

Prepare to literally go nowhere in life while you slave in a kitchen for some piss wage. The thought of Being excited about a cooking Job makes me want to eat a bullet

Wow you sound like a complete fsggot who can't even eat a meal someone cooked for them because of "muh eating schedule"

Take some probiotics you fag

Did you cook the lasagna sheets before layering? Did you make or use fresh lasagna sheets?
Was your sauce watery enough for oven-ready lasagna sheets?
Was your sauce flavorful? Were your fillings flavorful?
If so, I can't see how it would go wrong other than a house fire, dish exploding, ISIS attack, heart attack, McDonald's driveby, car accident, oven failure, etc. Lasagna is pretty hard to fuck up. The most common problem is that the sheets warp a bit and the lasagna isn't perfectly flat, but this doesn't affect the taste.

>probiotics
That doesn't do anything for Chron's/Colitis. For IBS, sometimes it may. You may return to playing with Jamie Lee's poop yogurt.

>I cook purely to enjoy good food with the people I care about.
>Also for profit.

Sums it up nicely. You get better food for low costs, and can share it with friends & family if so desired. That some people who come from fast-food / instant homes find it impressive (for lack of knowledge how easy cooking actually is), is, well, their own problem.

Eh, fuck you, I don't wanna eat your shitty casserole anyways. Your effort isn't appreciated.

Your random capitalisation of words is making me want to eat a bullet too.

>diners all impressed and making the usual noises of praise and satisfaction
>dish was mediocre and all I can taste is my mistakes

There is literally nothing wrong with impressing a girl by your food and then fucking her in the ass.

I cook and as a result people are impressed

this and
>user is a great cook see try this!
>old left overs from that mediocre meal

my mom passed down a spaghetti sauce recipe to me and I made it for a girl I was dating.
after things didn't work out, she started stalking me and I blame the delicious spaghetti.

My partner is impressed when I cook, because he doesn't like to cook so he pretends to be impressed by my mediocre shit cooking. I cook almost every day because even if the quality isn't perfect, the perseverance will hopefully be impressive.

OKAY?! It's fine to do such things.

Find out from your boyfriend what his family likes. They will be more impressed by you actually giving a shit about them than they will by you trying to get complimented on your skills.

>not picky
>someone cooks all day for me and I won't eat it and don't appreciate it

Yeah...

Whom would I even try to impress? I've never cooked for anyone but myself.
;_;

Seriously though, I don't think it would hurt to be able to cook a nice meal for friends or a qt. I'm probably too self-conscious about my cooking though, I'd want it to be perfect and would be ashamed to serve them something that they felt was medicore.

We can eat bullets all together with how you spell.

I don't cook to impress, I cook because it's my job as a mother and a wife. Only couples that are on the 5th date should be impressing their counterparts with their culinary skills.

Pretty much this except it's usually because we're broke and wasted our budget on KFC and Wendys and not really because I want to.

Ooooh, look, a feminine homemaker shaming women for joining the workforce! What's your goto recipe, canned tuna noodle casserole?

>shaming women for joining the workforce
Projecting.

Yarrr

You're scaring me

>Overtly mentioning to a womyn you know how to cook in the hopes she'll be so impressed she'll spread her legs for you
I surely hope you betas don't do this.

>he likes his women meek, airheaded and without initiative

Low test.

I only interact with 2D women.

Oh god, this

>roomate won't aknowledge that the rice was C-L-E-A-R-L-Y overcooked
>but doesn't comment on the absolutely bomb-ass stew I made the other day

AAAARRRRGGGH

Not my fault you weren't taught proper english

I cook in order to not be a lardass. The amount of garbage in anything outside the produce section is absolutely astounding.

My gf cooks for me all the time and is rather talented. Sometimes I cook simple dishes for her to have ready when she gets home from work, usually as a means of saying thanks but also to impress her. Sort of works.

I'm not picky in the sense that I'll eat anything and won't complain about it, but I don't think you going through the effort to cook is anything special and worthwhile, sorry. Try something else. I'm not going to smile and grin and bear it and pretend it makes me feel special and fuzzy when it doesn't.

Should I lie and pretend it's just fucking great?

You marriage sounds dull.

Actually its the best second date panty dropper ever

I've made eggs so good she fucked me.

First time you bring a girl back to your place if you cook something good for her those legs open faster than a shitposter to a Veeky Forums thread.

Wow user, you sound like a self-centered condescending cunt to be honest. I can tell you're single from here. Try having fun, appreciating things and being humble and grateful for once.

this

tfw when veggie lasagna got me laid twice