Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

My partner and I want to make tamales.
How do you get yellow corn leaves? My partner says that they are different from regular green corn leaves.

Do you have to buy the corn like that or do you dry out green corn leaves?
Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Would be hugely appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

gourmetsleuth.com/articles/detail/tamales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why are you calling them your partner?

The sell those kind of dried corn husks at halloween stores. That's where the Mexicans go to buy them.

will your partner's son be eating them too?

Here they sell them at the regular grocery store in the Mexican isle.

You might have to go to a store a lot of Mexicans go to.

You don't need to use corn husk tho, you can use parchment paper or wax paper, I forget which one or if those are the same thing or both would be fine.

Is there a tortilla factory or mexican/ethic store around you?
There's a local corn tortilla place that my grandma gets maza and husks. But lots of grocery stores/Mex markets have them around me. I'm in California though so...

It's the Reddit way of baiting for people to ask what you mean so that they can go into a self-satisfied "I'm gay, you got a problem with it?" smugpost. On Reddit this will lead to hundreds of upvotes and gold, here it should be scorned.

The wax might melt, that's why they invented parchment paper.

Or they're female and don't want a "p-please be my gf" thread.

LOL

What the hell are tamales?
Post at least a basic recipe if you want to talk about your regional foods.

Spicey shredded, marinated beef encased in a corn mush then baked

>partner
heterosexual males only please

fuck off asshole
kys or leave to /pol/

around here the favored technique is to post some virulent rant about how the fag nigger spic mudslimes should all be gassed, and then when someone tells them to fuck off to /pol/ they go "I'm gay, got a problem with it?"

Die slowly of aids you worthless shitdick hated by all civilizations throughout history

>do you dry out green corn leaves?

that or buy them at a mexican grocery store. you'll have to soak them overnight. you can use banana leaves as well

>banana leaves

If only there was this massive database of information that was easily queried...
This > corn husks. Oaxacan tamal best tamal.

And here's a decent write up about regional differences that should get anyone interested pointed in the right direction: gourmetsleuth.com/articles/detail/tamales

Oh hell no, you didn't just describe tamales like that.

thirding the banana leaves. you can buy them frozen at most supermarkets. let them thaw in the fridge, rinse them out, and dry them over a hot burner before using.

it's good you're doing this with your homolust partner, since, while easy, tamales can be tedious and time consuming to make.

What about the Greeks, the Romans, the Celts, and many more?

>partner
You mean your buttbuddy, you little faggot?

Go to a mexican supermarket.
Better idea, just buy homemade tamales at that market bc they are annoying to make and not worth it

Apparently in the UK it is now the common way to refer to one's wife/husband/live-in-fucktoy.

Yet more reason to let the UK slide into the garbage can of history.

It's better to find someone in your area that makes tamales and buy them. They're very time consuming to make. Usually in any town or city with a few Mexicans there will be a tamale girl who sells them. Look on facebook or whatever.

>find someone in your area that makes tamales and buy them.

I've never had a good bought tamal. they're almost always dry and flavorless