Is Asperger syndrome a benefit or a disadvantage? The highest IQ's have it, Einstein, Mozart and so on...

Is Asperger syndrome a benefit or a disadvantage? The highest IQ's have it, Einstein, Mozart and so on. What does this syndrome offer that's so helpful?

Ya know what's worse than having aspergers syndrome? Having aspergers syndrome and also being a brainlet. You have nothing going for you. The worst feeling is being dumb, but also being just barely intelligent to realize how dumb you are. aaaand also you will never have a meaningful relationship because of how fucking weird and dead inside you are.

An atypical neurology that often manifests as above average intellect and sometimes genius, along with it you occasionally gain savant abilities and very rarely extrasensory perception (on top of your hypersensitivity to stimuli), synesthesia would be an example of that.
Also and there is a reason why genius is practically considered synonymous with genius, both genius and Asperger's are atypical neurology (as being a genius isn't normal) and also why they are so closely linked.
>T. fairly intelligent (diagnosed, when I was an adult) Aspie.

>why genius is practically considered synonymous with genius
Correct to *Asperger's is practically considered...
I made a little Freudian slip.

Einstein did not

What're you on about? If you've read about how he treated his own family, 'friends', wife and children, you'd know for a fact that he did.

When you're not busy being a chad, you can focus on your studies more.

>Is Asperger syndrome a benefit or a disadvantage? The highest IQ's have it, Einstein, Mozart and so on.
It's not a thing, they didn't, and even if it were a thing you wouldn't be able to show that they had it.

Some say it's just evolution. We evolved bigger brains, this is just the next step.

>geniuses are shown in numerous studies to have disproportionately high rates of mental illness
>hey guys check out my "exception to rule"!

>All the greats had it
>[citation needed]

It's helpful for some kinds of things but generally a serious handicap. Autists tend to fixate on specific subjects, when the autist is very smart AND his obsessions are "useful" (like, physics or math instead of pokemons) then he can achieve more than a similarly gifted normie could, because 99% of genius is obsession.

99% perspiration as edison said

>Have literal scans of Aspie brains comapred to neurotypical brains, different and similar mechanism.
>TOTALLY DOESN'T EXIST! :^)
Shut up, you uninformed moron.

literally nothing lmao
idk why everyone thinks autism and Asperger's imply high IQ
while yeah its typical that if someone has an above average IQ, something in their brain may be different, but it can be either or both
i have a friend with Asperger's and he has a very average IQ

>doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about

Is it any surprise. Most great men were perfect bastards to people in their immediate surroundings. It's almost like a law or something.

>i have a friend with Asperger's and he has a very average IQ
>ancedotal
>against many accounts of people with Asperger's and above average to high IQs
Whoa, really gets your neurons buzzing.

He was a terrible father and a horrible husband, literally told his wife he didn't want her touching him. XD

I know more than you, obviously, moron-san.

Kisama wa baka. :^)

There's a correlation yes

try harder

>No argument detected.

Asperger's is a true intellectual advantage, if like in the case of most geniuses, you were born into a privileged family. With proper nurturing and development, the potential is very high for as aspergers child. Look at Barron Trump for example. He very likely has aspergers, but he will grow up in a supportive environment which can nurture his ability.

If you are born into a family which doesn't recognize that you have aspergers, it can be a disaster. You will become a shell of a human, spending their entire life trying to conform to what is considered "normal", never embracing your true potential.

People with autism LITERALLY have bigger brains. I don't think anymore needs to be said.

The only disadvantage is the fact that I can recall every single mistake I've made since I was four :)
Sometimes it gets overwhelming...

Mozart most definitely did not.

Most aspies suffer from Dunning–Kruger effect though. This is undisputable

Elephants have bigger brains

I know that feel

He's right though, it was removed from the latest DSM, it's just a part of the autism spectrum

Brain scans also don't mean much, neurological brains without and issues can vary wildly from one another, so it's impossible to know if their brain abnormality caused the autism or if the resulting behaviour caused systematic neurological changes

People with larger bodies also have larger brains. We haven't found a single accurate predictor of intelligence relating to brain size, convolutions, brain size in relation to body size, etc for healthy brains

>source, me

lol at this pic.

They ruined the Death Note movie already with the cast (that ugly and uninteresting Jewish kid as Light Yagami? You got to be kidding with me – Hollywood is indeed a place of great nepotism mechanicals), but at least it rendered some comic fruits like this L image.

That said, I won’t watch even the trailers of the fucking movie. Not going to let Hollywood spoil this great series.

Why didn’t they made a real life TV series of Death Note, with more episodes and more space for character development (and cutting some of the stupid manga-silliness of the original, like the Light-L-handcuffs-episodes), with someone like Leonardo Di Caprio as Light and an actual lily-skinned and autistic-eyed British actor for L?

Posting this kind of shit on sci. Come on.

They also have bigger bodies to control/

It's not an advantage if you obsess over something useless, like tiaras (not female acessories in general, I mean only tiaras).

I can't tell whether I have Asperger's or not. I know I would need a professional diagnosis so don't say that.

>Always had extreme consuming hobbies and interests since elementary school
>Enjoyed collecting things, but not as much organizing them
>Hard time making eye contact, social situations seem forced with everyone but close friends
>Somewhat awkward and clumsy, hate walking in front of the class or weaving between desks but I can juggle and play sports ok
>Feel like I'm faking emotions sometimes

On the other hand,
>Good at reading facial expressions
>have little obsession with routine or patterns, I basically do different shit everyday and my life is a mess
>Don't mind touching at all, a little sensitive to loud sudden noises but not too bad

Am I an autist?

>I can't tell either

Lol shut the fuck up. You know Autismo be more intellect
>yfw to intelligente to be neurotypical
Lol fuck off non-aspie

That's literally just being normal with slight anxiety that 1/4 of the population has.
Jesus christ you dumbasses need to do more research on Autism.

There are only a couple ways to be really good at something. You can either be born with a genius brain like Von Neumann or just have autism. It's a blessing.