Any information which is not presented in its most basic form (statistics and data) is propaganda, be it political...

Any information which is not presented in its most basic form (statistics and data) is propaganda, be it political, ideological or otherwise.

That's fucking retarded lmao. I jacked off three times before 2:30pm. Of course I can't prove it with hard evidence. Is it propaganda? No. Is it fact? Yes.

This includes novels, film, music or any other form of expression. All expression is propaganda. The least harmful form of propaganda is in the form of data and statistics.

Nah, analysis of said data, and analysis of observation like archaeological studies are just fine. On the other hand, statistics and data are easily manipulated see the case against the swiss banks by the World Jewish Congress

>2:30pm
Time is a social construct,
>three times
merely a hypothetical statement which holds no practical value
>I jacked off
A product of solipsism
>Is it fact? Yes.
No, because neither you nor I can prove that it actually happened.

You use the phrase "jacked off" which is itself a product of cultural influences, and is associated in the minds of the few / many with other phrases / images / stock characters / value judgements. You also note that you masturbated three times before 2:30pm, thereby suggesting you awoke around 7-9am (when most individuals do) or at least that 2:30pm is early in your day, thereby promoting the propaganda that the "normal" (because we are expected to comprehend without further context) waking day takes place from between 6am - 11pm, and that 2:30pm is therefore early, so early in fact that engaging in an act of masturbation three times before that point is considered noteworthy.

If you did not wish for your post to serve as propaganda (whether you were aware or not) you should simply write:

"By 2:30pm I have physically masturbated (e.g. stroked my penis to induce pleasurable sensations) three times"

>statistics can't be propaganda
lmao

Data and statistics are the only objective method of attaining facts relevant to external, physical reality. They may be manipulated, but only through error or censorship.

>Data and statistics
Merely an invention by mankind which holds no objective value, reassess yourself.

I bet the same people who discard everything as a social construct wouldn't go across a red light although there's no car in sight.

The spreading of information is propaganda
>This includes novels, film, music or any other form of expression. All expression is propaganda.
Information itself is not propaganda.

Anyway I like this definitions game so here's my own.

All forms of teaching are manipulation.

In their purest form, statistics cannot be propaganda.

Example:

"Human Being A consciously ends the life of Human Being B"

>Statistical Analysis
1.One person (Person A) caused the life of another person (Person B) to cease.
2.Person A was a registered citizen of the Doon-noofin tribe of Southern Gambia
3. Person B was a registered citizen of the United Kingdom
4. The Doon-noffin tribe of Southern Gambia was currently at war (Statement of War, 2026, Article B.) with the United Kingdom
5. Person A has stated in his admission that Person B deserved death to his being a member of an oppressive regime

>Literary Analysis
Brave Tyson M'bembo threw his spear of virtue into the heart of Douglas E. Whitman, thereby rescuing his proud but impoverished nation from the grasp of an evil colonial force!

>Movie Analysis
[Camera Zooms In to Whitman, Douglas]
[His expression is one of smug contempt, while in the BACKGROUND Tyson M'bembo lies shackled, crying, in anguish]
"Aha, Mr. M'bembo, you thought you could end the rule of my proud nation with your silly coup!"
[Pan to Tyson, grinning furtively]
[Tyson secretly unlocks his shackles and grabs SPEAR and throws it at Whitman, Douglas]
"Ah, you have slain me! All I wanted on this earth was power, regardless of how I took it! And now you have denied me that one ambition!"
[ZOOM OUT to CHEERING CROWD, ZOOM IN to WEEPING WOMAN in glee]

>Racist analysis
The GDP of Southern Gambia was actually raised by the British occupying force. Manufacturing rose. The nation obviously prospered under their new rulers! The actions of one terrorist does not represent the views of the people.

>Chomsky analysis
What we actually see is system whereby the Southern Gambians were forced to work longer hours, often seven days a week, while earning far less than they had before the colonial force entered the country. The people were downtrodden, miserable, and the actions of the freedom fighter in question were evidence of such a climate.

>Poetic analysis
i was born
to fear
i yielded my language
my nation
i wept tears
alone
in a prison cell
built around my own heart
by a white hand
which now reaches out for my own hand to shake

>Political analysis
It's clear that the forces of Capitalism, let loose on Southern Gambia, crushed the anti-revolutionary fervor in that once-proud communist nation. Tyson M'bembo's face now proudly adorns the wall of the royal palace as a martyr to his peoples' cayuse

>Journalistic analysis
BLACK THUG MURDERS BRITISH DIPLOMAT IN SOUTHERN GAMBIA

>Information itself is not propaganda.

Didn't assert that it was.

I didn't assert that you did.

Didn't assert that you asserted that I did, any implications are a consequence of your own psychological disposition and tendency to over-analyze.

>In their purest form, statistics cannot be propaganda.
There is no "pure statistics" though.

Yes there is. Empirical analysis such as "I, [name] , wrote and posted this comment on Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums board" is fact.

The statistics that 1 person, named [me], wrote and post a comment on Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums board is equally valid.

Unless you're going to act like an ontological nancyboy and bring up schizophrenia, coercion, Fernando Pessoa or whatever else will help your cause.

When you claim "Yes there is." and you refer to the others comment on "pure statistics" I get lost right there.

Can you define what "purity" is in this context?

I think you mean something that can be known as real is undeniably true and that that data must be pure.

I notice the example you used was a personal one but how can we know that it's true. Sorry I'm not trying to get stupid I know you obviously posted but the idea of some sort of pure data suggests to me that what is true and known can be transferred in its purity and wholeness without distortion (propaganda) or its really meaningless to the other person.

I don't think it can be done with any example due to the subjective nature of interpretation.

Leave the brainlet alone, he's obviously a crossboarder.

Purity would be knowing A and B rather than only A or only B or having either A or B presented in such a way that misrepresents the source (e.g. 200 murders in Chicago over one weekend leading to claims of CHICAGO A BIGGER WARZONE THAN EVER despite the fact that this figure is relatively low to the region).

Anyway I started this thread because I'm Sith and it irks me every time I see a Star Wars movie which presents us as physically repulsive (according to Western aesthetical propaganda) and so forth. Allowing others to understand the Sith by factual and statistical means alone would no-doubt encourage many who are currently Jedi to question their allegiance, which is on the most part a consequence of propaganda.

As a Sith do you claim to know the ways of the Jedi? Can you really say that your master gave you all the pure data to choose from. I doubt it. If there is an A and B to chose from then the idea of pure data is already dead.

oh.... I just got it. Empirical... like the empire.

Congrats you just gave a basic definition of journalism

Also this :

I have read the statistics pertaining to the history and current actions of both the Jedi and the Sith. The fact that the Jedi keep bringing up Alderaan for example is, in the context allowed by significant amounts of data, a negligible event in the history of our two societies and of intergalactic society as a whole.

See you got it all backwards my friend. Its the empires over-emphasis on empiricism that has been it's downfall. You need to spin fantastic stories of the Siths great victories and triumphs that brought hope and peace to the Galaxy. You need the helpless unwitting people of the Galaxy to feeel how much they need the Empire not intellectually understand it. Just look at how well its worked for the Jedi on this backwards primitive planet.

>Data and statistics are the only objective method of attaining facts relevant to external, physical reality. They may be manipulated, but only through error or censorship.

>assertion isn't presented as statistics
>assertion is propoganda

Nice try Mr. Dude chemicals lmao.

the presentation of statistics and data without analysis is effectively useless though. Someone who isn't aware of the difference between correlation and causality might arrive at a totally different conclusion to someone who has learned how to accurately interpret data, which basically means the kind of basic information you're referring to will only benefit those with a certain level of education. Its ideological by a process of exclusion.

Also, the technological conditions through which we receive information has already engendered the data according to certain ideological contours. You can find plenty of examples of this in recent events: By leaking Hilary Clinton's emails before the election, wikileaks effectively weaponised its contents against her. Facebook tailors its echo-chamber news articles, statistics and data according to the parameters of your own personal bias. It's near impossible to isolate the truth from the frame through which it is presented.

This is a really cool post even if you're just being silly. Good work, user.