Here's some Tamago Kake Gohan. It was OK. I probably won't make it again...

Here's some Tamago Kake Gohan. It was OK. I probably won't make it again, but it meme'd well on instagram and gave me an excuse to visit the asian market.

Why did you need to go to the Asian market

Literally all it has to be is egg mixed in hot rice, maybe with a dash of soy sauce

for furikake

very pretty, op. out of curiosity, why won't you be making it again? was it boring or what?

you have to stir it all up before you start eating and it becomes 20 or 30 identical bites of food. After 5 spoonfuls I was bored to tears with it.

makes sense

I mean, like any rice, risotto or pasta dish. Don't you ever eat those?

Who doesn't always already have furikake on hand, and what kind of flyover needs to go to an Asian market to find it?

typical flyovers lmao

have you ever tried making tamago kake gohan before? I thought not.

I don't eat risotto by itself, so by the time i'm bored with it, im finished eating it. And most pasta doesn't end up feeling like identical little homogenous bites.

teehee you called me a flyover I am defeated

Is this your photo, OP? The dish is very well presented and the photography is spot on.

Still wouldn't eat, though.

you can translate each and every one of those words to english

why so moronic and pretend that you understand japanese?

thanks man I did make the dish and photograph it myself. I had to take the table and food outside because I don't have my own light kit yet

I had a weeb flatmate who called every dish and anime by its original Japanese name. Eventually he started converting English words and sentences into Japanese regularly. He'd speak to me in nip to "challenge" me and I'd watch his smug little grin crawl across his face as I struggled to translate what he was saying.

I politely asked him to find somewhere else to live.

*GASP* maybe I wanted other cu/ck/s to be able to easily google the recipe if they wanted to try it

Looks like poverty

tasty food doesn't have to be expensive!

Did he nod his head like a bobblehead doll like nips do when in conversation, too?

not bad OP, but you should be able to make this with your eyes closed.

should try oyakodon or katsudon instead next time. tamago furikake gohan is Japanese "I'm broke and all I have is an egg and some rice until next pay" or "i'm too lazy to cook something better" food.

>egg on rice is the pinnacle of Japanese cuisine

my grandma would always make this but with some ham or bacon thrown in. gave it a little more substance.

>raw fish on a shitty rice roll is the pinnacle of japanese cuisine

He tried his hardest to do Japanese stuff like bowing his head in gratitude but it just looked awkward. He's a white guy who doesn't brush his teeth and plays easy listening music at 200% volume in the morning.

"Egg on rice" you fucking mongoloid.

>rice roll is japanese cuisine