Is Who wants to be a millionaire just a game of luck?

Is Who wants to be a millionaire just a game of luck?

I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right unless the person happen to know the answer, and lifelines can only get you so far into the game

>unless the person happen to know the answer
that would make it a game on knowledge first and foremost.

Yes but if they only HAPPEN to know the answer, its merely a game of luck.

is a test you take in class with multiple choice a test of luck?

Maybe if you are in a course with standardized tests such as any garbage that isn't STEM, sure.

Can't show your work for psychological pseudo-science!

Quizzes are pretty dumb but they are not really about luck. The more knowledge you have the more likely you are to guess correctly. Even if you don't know the answer you can probably detect some of the wrong answers and make an guess based on your knowledge. Hence the term "educated guess" exists.

>33.34%
>1 out of 4
>unless the person happens to do the thing expects of them

Now you're one special kind of retard.

If you knew everything you would win guaranteed. Therefore, the more you know, the better your chances of winning. Increasing winning odds with knowledge =! luck

You disappoint me Veeky Forums.

yes and no
when you signed up they asked a bunch of questions to tailor the answers against you

Let's say there are 15 questions with 4 choices each. Let's also say there are 3 lifelines: call-a-friend, 50-50, and ask-the-audience.

For each of the 15 questions, there is only 1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%. You can use each lifeline once. Using phone-a-friend, let's say gives you a 95% chance the person you call is correct. So 1 question is 95%. Similarly, we can say ask-the-audience gives you a 95% chance. Finally, 50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer. To recap:

Question 1: 33.34%

Question 2: 33.34%

Question 3: 33.34%

Question 4: 95%

Yes, ask the kids who get held back years.

What? No.

>For each of the 15 questions, there is only 1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%.
Hmmm

>Total: 690.08%
>Divided by 15 questions = 46.00%

WIth the response that's getting, I kinda want to post about the monty hall problem. That usually is a >R300
thread with people still trying to reply as it falls off the board a week later.

i love this board

thoroughly enjoyed this troll

This bait is several years old.

nu-Veeky Forums is shit.

How are the contestants selected?
Is the same skill-set used in selection as is used in the game itself?
There is no time pressure in the game, but do people who benefit from this ever get to play.

?

>50/50 ... 100% probability
>Phone a friend ask audience... 95%
>1/4 = 33.334%

Top kek

I think he said that because IIRC there's a lifeline that removes an answer, so 33.34% is the highest possible chance you can get
Or he's a retard

Jimmy carter

>choose 50:50
>2 random answers removed
>removes the right answer
>0% chance of getting it correct

>brainlets think 50:50 is worth using

no dude it's 50/50, you either win or you don't

>probability of winning the whole game is higher than the probability of getting the first question right

Did you know Quizzer is a job you can live off? I know a guy who does it as a hobby, but makes actually decent coin with it. There are a lot of quiz competitions actually, and a lot of them give rewards in the hundreds or thousands of dollars. So you travel around the country and participate in competitions, and you can make decent dough with it.

Also, who wants to be a millionaire specifically forbids such people to participate in the show, because they would win the thing without big problems. They do background checks on you and if they find out you are a professional quizzer you will not be invited.

I actually know two guys personally who went to who wants to be a millionaire in my country. Any idea how professional quizzers train?

>1/3 rounds to 33.34
He's still retarded. There's no excuse.