Do you guys seriously don't believe in god because some fag wrote a drama about it 50 years ago?

do you guys seriously don't believe in god because some fag wrote a drama about it 50 years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell#Death
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I believe because I don't want to be like normies and redd!t, and I want to make fun of them because im superior as a 4channer who has been rejected by women and normie society

I am anti-normie

I am against liberalism and hedonism

I am against modernity

I am against sexually active people

nice diagnosis you got there Freud

also you cannot not believe in god, you may think that the bible is not to be taken literally, but the bible itself says that

>Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

I believe in God because atheism has become popular with people of my generation.

has it? where do you live? what generation are you in?

around here everyone worshipes de divine monad in one way or another

No, I don't believe in "god" (whichever one you mean) because I find the idea silly, and have little interest in it.

I'm an American millennial.

I'm more of an agnostic. Yeah, i went trough the anti religious phase at thirteen. But i've grown and made friends since. Now im just anti dogmas.

I believe in God because Veeky Forums.org, the website, told me atheism was bad because "reddit"

i want to rape you, whats your address

I would give you my address, but I find the idea silly, and have little interest in it

and most people around you are atheists?

>wrote a drama about it

Which are you talking about, Waiting for Godot?

I myself am from Australia and literally 99.9% of my peers and acquaintances are atheists.

Most young people, yes. I live in an urban area.

Do you think that statement extends to the stories in the Old Testament? In essence, is Jesus implicitly casting the Old Testament stories as parables as well?

I don't believe in god because there is no reason whatsoever for me to do so, and if he exists he's a fucking hack.

I'm not a masochistic cuck who's going to accept the injustice and suffering of the world by telling myself that our almighty abusive father's logical plan is just incomprehensible for my mortal mind.

Also, if he's omnipresent, if I take off my pants I'll be able to bitch-slap him with my cock lmao?

Which drama?

I don't even know what "fag" you refer to. There's millenniums worth of questioning and reason to drop the pretenses of faith and move on with your finite life. Grow up.

>I am a proud pseud
'Kay

And hats. They wear hats and they all look dumpy.

If there was no suffering on earth, life would be utterly bland and affectless.

There is literally no great art that does not come out of suffering, and there is nothing in this world that you were not formed by nature to bear.

>If there was no suffering on earth, life would be utterly bland and affectless.
Lol that's such a cop out.

>if kids weren't starving, people weren't being raped etc life would be so dull.

You have to have lived a pretty sheltered life to bust out that one.

the suffering art stuff is a meme. what suffering did cormac mccarthy or shakespeare go through?

Explain the divine plan for the life of an Earth Worm.

Your first statement is valid. The second is not.

do you guys seriously believe in god because some fag wrote a drama about it 3000 years ago?

nice projection senpai pic related its you

>If there was no suffering on earth, life would be utterly bland and affectless.
>Phew, thank god I was raped and beaten to near death last week, otherwise I wouldn't be able to fully appreciate this yoghurt!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell#Death

>yfw you realize that omnibenevolence is the easiest leg of the trilemma to snap off
>yfw you realize that god's idea of benevolence has to be completely alien to anything any human might possibly understand or recognize

this

Omnibenevolence is the only one that makes sense. But it doesn't mean much. Since goodness is defined (according to believers) by every action of this god itself, then it is omnibenevolent and there's no conflict there. Although it defies all notions of goodness these believers have, since god created everything and is responsible for all nature's acts, the cruelty of nature's acts must be good.

Fuck, this thread is autism. I have a question. I was raised Christian and have always believed in God. However, I just started reading the Bible, which I haven't touched since a child, and I'm about 6 books in. The only one so far that has spoken to me is Psalms, and I'm wondering if I've lost my faith. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Have you ever wondered why you had faith in the first place?

I guess it's just always been there since I was raised religiously. I have read a few religious philosophers and the arguments all seemed to strengthen my belief, but when I'm reading the Bible it doesn't grip me like it used to. and it's getting harder to justify being religious around the people in this thread who seem to be pretty average for my age. I think that's why I enjoyed Psalms

Psalms has some good lit. Nonetheless, there are no philosophical arguments to justify christianity, even Aquinas ended up arguing for a deistic god. But the thing is, you're starting your internal struggle from the wish to justify your faith, instead of starting with the desire for the truth (or to find it's unattainable) and then seeing if having faith is justified.

>yfw God's will is exactly that which has been, is, and will be throughout all eternity