Is this still accurate or it needs an update?

Is this still accurate or it needs an update?

These are good entry level books. There's no need for an update

even still we should update it so that at least newfags will make threads about something else for a while

It should probably have books you can actually talk about on here without being told to go back to rebbit.

Not eurocentric enough, I need to jerk off over my fading relevance.

>American Psycho
Why?

>Should we update a troll image

could lose lord of the flies and TKAMB. Also Lolita isn't really a starter book

Needs to be renamed to "Books you should have read in high school," a list for people to catch up.

There's this one.

>Also Lolita isn't really a starter book
How is it not?

>The Odyssey but no Iliad
y tho

this is just an entry level reading starter kit

this is a starter kit for literature

Never liked invisible man. bashed readers over the head with themes one too many times

i mean, it's not that hard (catch-22 is probably a more difficult read) but the prose is top-tier, and the subject matter and concept of the book is a little heavy for a starter. doesnt belong on the same list as Fahrenheit 451, cuckoos nest, etc.

that is to say, if you're a "starter" who will actually go on to read better, more advanced works, you don't really need to pick an easy book. If you need easier books to start you off, you read random stuff in high school

All of the other books on the list are very easy to read and to understand the purpose of them. Physically reading the words from start to end without difficulty isn't the only criteria for things to be entry level, they must also be easy to interpret.
A reasonable amount of the people on Veeky Forums don't seem to have any idea about how to interpret Lolita. Someone new to reading isn't going to grasp Nabokov's intentions for the purpose of art. Not to mention the book has sizeable amounts of untranslated French and is wordier in its English vocabulary than almost anything else on the list.

Is this a good list for non-native English speakers? I read some books on this list, but they were translated and I'm thinking on starting to read the originals. My English is ok, but for example, I started reading Dubliners and that was quite difficult, a lot of vocabulary I've never seen.
And what about Siddhartha in German? I can speak German but my reading is poor.

Is there any list of this kind?

Consider that these books are perhaps too difficult for a starter.

Too anglocentric.

this is stuff they teach in american high schools. you have to go to uni to get a less anglocentric reading list desu

>shitskins think their literature matters

/pol/ is leaking again.

Try Steinbeck then.

Or Orwell, Hunter S. Thompson...

>again
it never stops

Yeah I like that one much more than the the one currently.

Why are the charts so ridiculously difficult to navigate? Everything takes an hour to load. Theres too many hyperlinks on the same page. Why do we need a chart for Cape Verdian Veeky Forums? Narrow it down to some kind of coherent logical framework besides: here is everything we fucking know about literature ! ! !

>could lose lord of the flies and TKAMB
why? Those are perfect starter books

Bump

Where the fuck do you live? The moon? How is your internet that bad that it's a pain to get through. Maybe you are using your phone, but then you deserve your shitty internet experience.

Anglos have simply written far more books of quality than whatever "underrepresented" minority you were going to whine about.

Why would classics need to be updated?

Too many white males.
The list needs to reflect the diversity of our modern world. It's almost 2017 ffs.

Because it would be redundant in the same way listing both notes from underground and crime and punishment would be. If you read the Odyssey then the Iliad is expected to follow, and vice versa.

>odyssey then iliad
Nice try American public school

much fucking better