Opinions on this series

Opinions on this series

My older brother loved that stuff but I never really got passed the 2nd book

It's pretty okay

I read the entire series when I was in 6th grade reminds me of better times

I read the first two when I was 11, by the time the third one came out I was already too much a pseud to read it

It's kinda bad that I read it so young, I wish I didn't so I could read it now and experience it for the first time and know all the meanings

It's just Star Wars. Riders = Jedi, Galbatorix = Palpatine, Arya = Leia, Eragon = Luke, Brom = Obi-Wan. Right down to shit like the protagonist retrieving an important item lost by the Princess, the old man hiding out in town to keep an eye on the boy, the mentor being killed before they can finish training, etc.

Me too. I liked the first two but I started reading the third and was just appalled by the shitty writing.

Loved these when i was in middle school but honestly i got over it before the series was even done.
It's weird that i was eagerly awaiting all of them as a kid but I never even read the last one. By the time it was written i had just lost interest completely.
Somebody told me that it ends "Pretty much exactly like you would expect" and that was good enough for me
It's pretty well known that Paolini just re-wrote Star Wars (the heros journey) to a T.
Still he was like 16 at the time

I think I read them at the perfect time with my love of fntasy at it's height. I thought they were great but I haven't read them since they came out.

Also I remember the way he beat Murtagh was awesome. Galbatorix...not so much

Author railed his cutie sister/10

Lol yeah have you seen this peace of shit? literally just the Odyssea like Joyce what are you even doing

Has it ever been confirmed?

The writing was so bad I could only listen to an audiobook. It was alright after that.

I liked it, but the sequels Fragon and Gragon were better.

couldn't finish the first book. Young attention span didn't like how long it took for him Chris to talk about the non-descriptive journey from place to place.

It gets dragged on to long. Which makes it stale

I read the first three books when I was younger. It was fairly interesting and engrossing, but I cannot say how I would feel about it if I read it now.

actually worse than harry potter.

you would hate the book if you read it today without nostalgia goggles.

Might as well ask in here but are there any fun or good Urban Fantasy books to read? I ended up reading the Dresden Files which I thought was a fun ride until the second to last book (most recent) when it took a sharp left turn into a fucking twist that made be fucking drop the book.

Fuck the Winter Fae and their bullshit. I don't give a fuck if their holding back the darkness, that shit was stupid.

Was wondering if anyone here could give me some recommendations? I love High Fantasy and Urban Society clash

Why does this garbage get posted on Veeky Forums constantly?

And why does Veeky Forums seem more accepting of this rather than GoT?

Inheritance was written for kids, it can be excused somewhat. ASOIAF is garbage for manchildren.

I'm a very forgiving reader but I thought it was low quality.

Really? Because I read ASOIAF as a kid and didn't bother with this eragon garbge.

Read the whole series as a kid. The first and second books seemed alright then, but the last one was absolutely horrible.