A beerfag, a winefag, and a whiskyfag walk into a bar

Beerfags like most beer
Winefags hate most wine
Liquor drinkers hate our - I mean their - lives

>Liquor drinkers hate our - I mean their - lives

I know this feel :(

this is accurate
I was definitely happier when I drank beer instead of the hard stuff

I don't mean binge drinking to drown your sorrows. I'm talking about guys who wear flat caps, drink for the taste, and post reviews on their blog. They moderate how much they drink and appreciate what's in their glass. They see their drink of choice as having almost-mystical properties.

I'm sensing... *takes a deep sniff* hints of lialac... amaretto... cherryoak.... and a hint of pearwood on the exhale.

I don't know anyone who does that with hard liquor other than a few old friends who got too rich for their own good and have picked up top-shelf Scotch expertise as a status symbol hobby.

Then again, I mostly drink at dives so whatever

The beerfag goes home with a woman
The winefag goes home alone
The whiskeyfag goes to prison

>implying the cops have a chance of finding me when i'm lying face down in a ditch

>Beerfags like most beer
Here is your (You)

Every wine I've drank tasted like bitter medicine, and I can't drink beer because carbonated beverages hurt my tongue (same reason I don't drink soda)

would I like whisky?

whiskey doesn't necessarily taste bad but definitely not good either. just do shots of white rum or vodka if you are looking for something that tastes good/gets you drunk

I really don't understand how anyone could prefer wine to beer on anything besides image

Depends on the whisky you're drinking. Some whiskies can be as sweet as the sweetest desert wine, and some can be as bitter as the bitterest beer. I suggest easing yourself into whisky with something like bourbon or rye, then settling down into more complex like Canadian or Irish whisky. Then I'd suggest going on to Highland or Speyside scotch, and finally onto the islands. That way you both get a comprehensive overview of many kinds of whisky, and you get to gradually find out which of the many kinds matches up to your preferences most appropriately

whats the sweetest whiskey you know

That's a good question. Most bourbons are a little excessively sweet, though Canadian Rich & Rare is rather sweet as well, and something like the Glenmorangie Milsean is surprisingly sweet for being a scotch.

The only whiskey ive had was wild turkey and it was alright. it didn't taste bad if i just downed it. if i held it in my mouth like most people say to it tastes like dick-shit

Canadian Club. For the price as well you won't feel like you fucked up if you don't like it. When I first started drinking straight whisky it almost tasted like honey when I let sit in my mouth for a bit. Can't drink it anymore though, I always pick up this weird artificial sweetener taste.

If you want to sip it like that you need to take very small sips or yeah it will be overwhelming

I like my liquor to smell like racing fuel

i did take fairly small sips, the flavor wasnt really overwhelming but just kinda gross(?) i dont really know how to describe it

Really, the only whiskies I recommend holding in your mouth are the whiskies that are designed for *taste* not *effect*, i.e. those whiskies that are best served in a Glencairn glass and sniffed at by pompous asshats in $2000 tweed jackets. Something like wild turkey or jack daniels is designed to get you fucked up, and not taste *too* bad going down. For the first few whiskies you taste, that's the kind of thing you'll be drinking. It'll introduce you to the general tastes of whisky without throwing off the general idea of drinking to get drunk. Once you get to the more complex whiskies, however, getting drunk will be a side-effect rather than the main event.

Gotcha. Try woodford next time, it's everywhere and good quality

I like both, but prefer wine. I just find it tastier most of the time. Not that beer doesn't have plenty of great tasting ones.

Bulleit bourbon and Maker's Mark aren't anything to sneeze at either (though they can be a little pricey)

You had me up until the "side-effect" bullshit.

Although I appreciate a good whiskey, I drink it to get drunk.

That's how I roll.

I mean, I get that. Hell, I'm rather hammered at the moment from drinking about a pint of cask-strength scotch. That said, I do really drink it for its flavour rather than its inebriating effects, and I think many others do as well.

As long as you appreciate a lovely work of craftsmanship, I don't really care why you do. Cheers!

PS, great pick on the Laphroaig.

Fucking Laphroaig did something to me. I never liked peaty whiskeys and I recoiled the first time I tasted it and by the end I wanted another bottle.

That was me with Ardbeg. Sweet jesus I love me some peat smoke nowadays!

FPBP

>Liquor drinkers hate our - I mean their - lives
Damn

I its a slippery slope my dude.

Whatever you do don't get confused with Canada mist that shits whiskey flavoured liquor.

Always drink your good stuff first and switch over to midgrade after

Drinking some beer right now.

It's not bad, but I'd rather have got my usual wine this weekend. It's not image, the mechanics of each drink is different. If you like burping a lot, getting up to use the washroom frequently, and being full from your drink (beer fills me up like mash potatoes), then power to you. The only use I see for beer is as a meal replacement (which is why monks brewed it).

Wine just has better mechanics, and for me it's in the same genre as tea and coffee with its tannins and bitter characteristics.

I prefer wine and I'm not aesthetically impressive in the slightest.

Let's get some love for us unpretentious winos, man. Gets you drunk quicker and it doesn't make you piss a litre.

Wine > Beer > Hard-liquor

I prefer the taste as a tea drinker.

>1 beer = 1 shot
definitive not effectively

For me, it's a pure glass of water.