I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop...

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on /pol/ anymore.

Here's how I did it.

>Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

>Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

>Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

>It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

>Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

>Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/books/comments/5i8pes/i_became_an_avid_reader_like_three_months_ago_and/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hey..wait a minute...that's not the same pepe as usual!!!

why did you mess up this meme? What kind of monster are you?

I want to read so that I'm not a sheep.

I became an avid reader because I became bored with video games and anime.

I agree to a certain extent. I am a fan of science fiction so naturally I've seen the major sci-fi films. When I got bored and there weren't any left, I turned to books.

I started reading so that I was no longer a mere sheep.

>browses /pol/ at all
>buys books
>posts jobs pepe, a meme that was a flash in the pan of anno domini 2014
kys

Same, but with fantasy

>When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch.

>When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

These two statements are contradicting.

>Buy the physical copies.

You could also buy digital copies. Please explain.

If you want the digital copy you can just get it for free idiot.

This doesn't answer my question. Why buy physical copies?

People like them.

When I try to read 100 pages a day it basically takes all of my time apart from eating, working out, and my 6-hour wageslave shift.

Is this normal or am I just retarded?

Is that......Anno?

damn user you might be retarded. You should be able to knock that out on an hour commute.

Front page of /r/books

AHahahahah

reddit.com/r/books/comments/5i8pes/i_became_an_avid_reader_like_three_months_ago_and/

>100 pages

>one hour

Sorry m8 not everyone reads stephen king like you do.

You try reading 100 pages of arno in an hour and tell me how much you comprehend.

Depends on the book(s) I'm reading, but I usually get it down during two hours of commute + 1 or 2 hours when I get home

why do you copy threads off reddit

>I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop.

You'll burn your eyes out kid.

It's normal, friend.

If you're concerned about it, you can practice speedreading and see easy gains with some types of writing. Just plug some sort of easy reading into Spreeder and follow their instructions. It only takes a few days of practice to start getting good at it.

Depending on the sort of books you're reading, it can make a huge difference. You can cut through whole paragraphs of easy prose in half the time. But if you're reading stuff that's clever or difficult, you're going to have to slow down to understand it.

Die you faggot.

>Anno
>ever smiling

Nope

Dumb cross posting frogposter

>people in the modern world feel like they deserve a medal for reading a fucking book

Our civilisation truly is doomed

>Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

This actually is good advice. E-books were a mistake.

This.

>people actually rush their reading just so they can bump up their goodreads count

I read because I enjoy it. I never "force" myself to read. When I pirate an ebook I feel like readiing it just as much as my store bought books, unless I truly don't like it.

However, I feel that sometimes forcing yourself to read a book can be warranted. Some novels take a while to get interesting.

>Not using an ebook to pirate and read the cheap fantasy novels you hide from Veeky Forums so that you can get away with only posting hardcover philosophy and great books in the stack threads

Get a load of this guy.

>it takes me an hour to read like 12 pages from these fucking books because the text size is so small.

Just fuck my shit up senpai.

It's a play, it shouldn't take you any longer to read it than it does to perform it--about 3 hours.

Same but with horror

The plays only take up between 9 and 19 pages because the text is so fucking small.

Same but with hentai