How do I become an intellectual in one month

I have a one month winter break. I would like to start reading quality literature and I will go to /mu/ and start listening to quality music. I will also be speedwriting my first novel (YA).

I just want to be an emphatic and learned person. What else can I do? I don't like boring books... I'm someone who likes YA so Catcher in the Rye isn't hard and romance isn't, but I don't like dull books. HELP.

Just take the redpill.

Come to /pol/ and join our ranks. We have all the answers, the untarnished Truth

>that entire OP

>become an intellectual
>I'm someone who likes YA
Choose one.
For the first, you'll want to start with the Greeks.

khanacademy.com

Learn some maths.

I like edgy ya. Rarely is high school ever a focus in the ones i read. What are some good books for someone who likes ya/romance?

Almondsetter's luck

By literature do you mean fiction, philosophy or things that are actually helpful?

Kys

>I want to become intellectual in one month
>feed me what I should like
>I like YA

If you aren't driven by your own desire to learn and grow and accept that it takes a lifetime of work and you don't having it bursting out of you, don't bother with trying to be something you're not. There's no shame in that, but there is shame in begging others to help you 'feel' learned.

All
I just need a starting point. So having the desire to learn is a problem? Go away

Read some Hemingway or Steinbeck. If you don't like it you're hopeless. If you do maybe you can go deeper.

The Stranger
Notes From the Underground
Of Mice and Men + Grapes of Wrath (if you have time)
Buy a collection of Kafka's short stories and read the majors (esp. The Metamorphosis)
Bartleby the Scrivener

I'm not sure how dedicated you are but you can probably read these in a month while still doing other activities. Try to also go hiking or camping. A good way to gain empathy or disgust for others would be to volunteer for charity work over the holidays.

lol im pretty sure those mongoloids dont read anything of worth. they live off internet videos and memes.

Is Efscott FitzGeralt a intellectual author

well those are some damn good picks user.
I'll add The Death of Ivan Ilyich.

You don't.

And you certainly won't get any closer by reading young adult novels.

This thread is a joke. You will never be an intellectual, my friend.

/thread

>I don't like boring books
books aren't boring, only readers can be boring

are you also the kind of person who lays in his bed on his days off, browses his smartphone, and chats with people, phoning them in just to say "lol im so bored today"

Add Dubliners as well. That's an easy read and is packed with emotion.

Wisdom is like a fine tea. The trick is proper ageing. Good luck on your long and never-ending journey my friend.

>quality music
>/mu/

lolno

Go away
I can try