What is Veeky Forums's none-meme opinion of Chef Ramsay?

What is Veeky Forums's none-meme opinion of Chef Ramsay?

Other urls found in this thread:

notquitenigella.com/2012/07/10/how-to-cook-the-perfect-steak/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I feel like he has to keep the abusive facade up to distract from his uninteresting cooking

PAN

NICE AND HOT

NICE AND HOT

OLIVE OIL

SKIN SIDE DOWN

Most likely an act. People love watching unnaturally abrasive conflict... that's why shows like his and "reality TV" are so popular, since that doesn't happen in most people's normal, dull lives.

Aside from that, he can cook.

I SAID NO MEMES!

Fuck off

HOW MUCH IS IN THE BIN?????!!

As much as I think using stale memes, or even the word "meme", should get you a ban on the grown-up boards, I don't think there's any way to talk about a celebrity chef without it being a meme.

Even citing how many Michelin stars the actual non-donkey-spouting chef has acquired over his career counts as a meme among the fast food/no tipping/i can learn everything from youtube crowd these days.

>i can learn everything from youtube crowd these days.
Fuck off and don't let the door hit you

>reading comprehension

LAMB SAUCE

Typical Gordon Ramsay "technique"

>Food's done
>Just needs one thing
>Drench that fucker in a gallon of Olive Oil

makes cooking entertaining for people who does not give a fuck about cooking. I would say he make a great job getting everybody to watch his shit

Which Asian country are you from?

I actually liked his "Get Women Back in the Kitchen" campaign unironically. I didn't think he had sexist undertones with it, mostly since I have noticed a fuckton of women my age (27) do not know how to cook.

Dude has some charisma when he isn't being an abrasive dickhead.

He's just a dickhead on his american shows

And also any shows with his kids on because he loves to fucking embarrass them in front of the world.

His oldest daughter is cute

Sosig

THIS ICE CREAM IS FUCKING COLD

He's an undeniably talented chef who, while he does lean on his original French instruction and anglophilic tendencies a bit, makes a sincere effort to broaden his culinary horizons through travel and study to help bring interesting cuisine to his restaurants and his viewers. He certainly seems to have an honest love for food and cooking.

His media presence, especially in the states, is ridiculous. But that's what sells over here and he knows this very well. It's the reason that his earnings as a celebrity chef are so ludicrously high. From what I've seen of him on British television and in his more honest interviews he seems like a helpful and calm straight-shooter (though a bit blunt at times) and a very good dad. He even seems to really care for some of the basket cases whom he tends to in Kitchen Nightmares (at least in the UK edition).

You would have to be pretty arrogant to discount him or rag on him given his pedigree. He certainly isn't perfect, but I think he knows that (given that he's adopted Heston's method of cooking steak). His personality isn't for everybody, but I personally like him both as a chef and as somebody who really seems to care.

he's a quality entertainer with a funny and strong personality. he's a great chef and a business man who knows how to get people to watch his shows

>here's the tilapia chef
>lovely...did you raise the fish yourself?
>n-no chef
>fuck's sake

I like him as a chef and a person, I think his popularity in american media has lead to a global misrepresentation of him as a person, and his brands. It's always associated with harshness and shit, when really he's much less of a smug cunt than, say, bobby flay.

He's a good chef. Potentially, he could have been one of the greats. But he's realised it's more fun, and more lucrative, to be a television personality. Fair play to him, really.

>He's just a dickhead on his american shows

This. You can tell he actually gives a shit when you watch the UK Kitchen Nightmares. It's not just a bunch of shouting and drama for the sake of it (although he does shout when people deserve it)

After looking up what Heston's method was I just seemed to find an article describing a simple aging/searing technique. What exactly is unique about it?

notquitenigella.com/2012/07/10/how-to-cook-the-perfect-steak/ Read about it in this post

Unironically best chef alive, ive eaten at 2 of his michelin star restaurants in the uk and they were miles above other michelin style restaurants in london and france, he is the real deal and is a very nice man in person. On another note bobby flay is a cunt irl.

Source? I haven't seen this in any of his recipes that I'm remembering off the top of my head, and lots of chefs do this from time to time

Only if you claimed it was a fresh Tilapia, raised in your own lake.

Just don't claim shit is something it isn't. It isn't that hard.

DONE.

He's really good at some dishes but I lost a ton of respect when he said to bin risotto that isn't crunchy

A good chef and knows how a kitchen/restaurant/business should be run. He only hams up le angry man fascade for his American series. In his UK series he goes around saving failing restaurants and helping alcoholic cooks turn their shit around.

Heston's method of cooking a steak involves flipping it every 15 seconds or so rather than allowing it to sear on each side and timing the cooking for evenness. The idea is that it affords more control over internal temperature and how heavy you want to go with your sear. Heston discusses it on his TV show, the episodes are on youtube I think.

energetic, but he's probably coking up before each shoot

I have lost my respect for him when he turned a french woman into bankruptcy when he fired her cook. she lost her restaurant and now is a prostitute because of him. other than that he's a good cook albeit overrated.

Clearly knows how to run a restaurant and how to market himself on top of being a great chef. He seems like a really genuine guy. I'd have a beer with him.

So...her restaurant would have been fine the way it was going? It's his fault she made bad decisions?

B-but chef... Tilapia are a warm water species. I can't raise them this far north. Water temperature has to be >50° year round or else th-
>PISS OFF

I hate switching between British and American tv. The American background music is so distracting one you come back to it from Bong tv.

was it the knife wielding brazilian cook?

>come to the closest thing Veeky Forums has to golden era /b/
>expect people not to post memes
You're in the wrong neighborhood, kid. This is Memers turf.

He's an unrepentant thief who was disowned by his mentors. All of them. He's a good chef and businessman, there is no denying, but he's a garbage human being otherwise. It's very telling that he's so well liked around here.

she on adultwork la?

That woman had a restaurant paid for by daddy and her chef didn't even turn up for work half the time. Ramsay single handled ran her restaurant one lunch time selling soup and made a fortune, but she couldn't even be bothered to do that so she shut up shop and became a hooker instead.

Lost all respect for him when he insisted on tv years ago that japanese people dont eat mayonaise. Japanese people fucking love mayo. He has restaurants there too. Hack.

I see divorce and bankruptcy in his future, as his wife robs his bank accounts, and a shitty economy undermines his restaurants, followed by an early death from being a workaholic.

>disowned
?

its obvious he likes being on tv more than being in a kitchen anyway

40% butter. 60% mashed potatoes.

I will never understand people's obsession with British men complaining about things. Listing someone bitch isn't entertainment.