Redpill me on peanut butter and its variants (almond butter, macadamia butter, etc....)

Redpill me on peanut butter and its variants (almond butter, macadamia butter, etc....)

A couple of friends are now in a pb craze and assure it's healthy as fuck: They eat a jar in less of a week, gobble a can of peanuts like water and discuss which supermarkets offer different brands and flavours. Yesterday we spent an hour looking for huge pb jars in amazon.

I had to laugh at the obsessed autism, since I can barely finish a small jar in a month. Did the Peanut Council got them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4PAT_TKUO9U
nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=peanut butter&fwp_content_type=video
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tell those fucktards that anything in excess is unhealthy and can lead to live threatening conditions

Similar to mayo kcal density wise except it has more protein. I like pb but like all nuts I am always irked by the calorie:volume ratio.

Maybe you just don't like it.

I don't like peanut butter you buy in the store either (the "normal" kind), but the "natural" kind that you need to stir after you buy it is pretty good, I can eat it with a spoon and a glass of milk.

I am a fat fuck.

Or dipping apple slices in it is pretty good to. I had access to free peanuts, I would make peanut butter from scratch, its pretty simple, you just take my nuts and put them in a food processor and push ON, till it looks like... peanut butter, add a little salt to you silly fucker.

Peanut butter contains a lot of partially hydrogenated oils which are pretty bad for you. It also doesn't contain complete protein so as a protein source they're pretty shit. Avoid if possible.

Every 3 months or so some dumbfuck "expert" in "nutrialism", who just by coincidence happens to be a woman or a faggot, declares a new superfood. Why retards even listen to this elephantshit anymore is a mystery to me.

All the gym bros I know who sing the praises of peanut butter have guts. You can be cut or you can eat peanut butter, pick one and only one.

Just steer them away from that disgusting skippy shit.

Most decent supermarkets have grinders where you can just make your own without all the additives and shit.

Just get a natural PB with only peanuts and maybe a bit of salt, or better yet, make your own.

Thanks to peanut powders, you can get a rough approximation of PB and dodge the ridiculous caloric content as well.

>I don't like peanut butter you buy in the store either (the "normal" kind), but the "natural" kind that you need to stir after you buy it is pretty good, I can eat it with a spoon and a glass of milk.
I like that kind, but it tastes awful as it is. I only use it in cooking and whatnot.

I like to mix the Jif Natural with Honey and plain greek yogurt to bolster my Veeky Forums macros.

I thought the fda banned the partially hydrogenated stuff?

>I like that kind, but it tastes awful as it is. I only use it in cooking and whatnot.
Which kind? The shelf stable("normal") or the one with two ingredients you need to stir ("natural").

Also what in the world are you cooking that needs peanut butter? Please say candy, anything else would be to weird.
No because you still have margerine on the store shelfs. There was a movement to get rid of trans fats, but they didn't outright ban transfats, they simply limit the amount you are allowed to have in a serving, and anything below 0.5g can be labeled as 0 in the nutrition facts label. So I don't really understand what you are asking because for any oil to be tuned into a solid, it is done by hydrogenation, so if its solid (crisco "lard", "butter" spreads) it will have hydrogenated fats.

The one you need to stir. Well, I eat it on bread too, but I like to put it in chicken soup for example.

>but I like to put it in chicken soup
do you by any chance have a picture of that?

By the way, the taste thing, theres different kinds to, if you're in the USA, there is a brand called Naturally More of PB, its a Veeky Forums type food, but it tastes very sweet and delicious on its own, give it a try, it's also the same price as the others.

>do you by any chance have a picture of that?
Unfortunetly not. I'm very limited in what I can eat right now because of the circumstances I live under. I don't have the equipment to cook much more than beans right now.

I thought peanut butter is food for dogs...?

People don't understand that something can be healthy and still have high calorie density.

>tried three brands from the american import section (skippy, jif and the one with the peanut wearing tophat)
>it was all sugary and absolutely vile

I would not eat those in excess, no.

>Redpill me on peanut butter and its variants
Take a tiny spoon of peanutbutter and mix it in a pure glass of water. It's so goddammn tasty you won't believe me untill you try.
For me, it's a glass of peanutbuttered water.

>everything is autism

Cool. You sure showed them, friend.

>not making your own peanut butter

youtube.com/watch?v=4PAT_TKUO9U

bump

I'm looking at baking a banana cake tomorrow, and my recipe calls for a cream cheese frosting made up of butter, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar.

I'd like to entirely replace the butter with peanut butter and maybe add a little milk if I need to loosen the mix up. What do y'all think of a peanut butter cream cheese frosting for banana cake?

People don't understand that labeling foods as 'healthy' or not is retarded.

>No because you still have margerine on the store shelfs

Some newer margarines don't contain transfats as they don't use hydrogenated or partially-hydrogenated oils. For example, Earth Balance, or the butter-bean-based Wayfair margarine.

Heavily toast some multigrain bread
Spread creamy peanut butter on the now-hot bread
Immediately dump tiny chocolate chips on the peanut butter, followed by a dusting of sugared coconut flakes
Place slices of banana across the top and push down into the bread - the chocolate will melt under the pressure

In case anyone was worried the peanut butter cream cheese frosting turned out great. 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, 1c peanut butter, 1tsp vanilla, 3c confectioners sugar, and a little milk (maybe 1tbsp I eyeballed it). Combined and let stand mixer run on 6 for about 8 minutes.

Frosted my banana cake with it and topped with chopped walnuts. Pic related. Hope it came out well, gonna try it in an hour!

nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=peanut butter&fwp_content_type=video

>Redpill me
Learn to articulate outside of memes, you fucking 'go 'za flyover XD peon.

Another update! Super moist and very delicious. Best cake yet.

>you just take my nuts

This works with milk even better, but you have to start by whisking a small amount of milk at a time into the peanut butter, not adding any extra milk until evenly mixed, and not adding more than about half the mixed volume in milk at a time. Or just use a blender if you don't feel like whisking or using a fork and aren't careful enough.

I like peanut butter the most but probable only due to nostalgia. I really like cashew butter as well.

In my opinion unless they have been peeled almonds are fucking terrible. Almond skins make everything taste like tree bark and it's disgusting.

it's high calory high protein/fat food. If you're counting macro's for a diet it's a useful fatty food to add in your diet. BUt if you eat loads of it not knowing how calory-dense it is (like any other type of nut, of nut-spread) then you'll get fat.

Peanuts - legumes - may be healthy for you but that doesn't mean that peanut butter is.

Also, it's healthy fats - but that's still pretty rich and heavy in calories.

Like anything else - moderation is key. There is no magical health food that, when taken in extreme excess, will be a miraculous solution.

>Redpill me
Drop the nuspeak and pick up a book or Google it faggot.

Looks good. Making me really hungry now.

Take the red pill and go for a peanut butter that contains 100% peanuts.

Should have tried Peter Pan, man.

This. Peanut butter isn't actively bad for you, but it's extremely calorie dense -- I think most brands are somewhere around 50 percent fat by weight. If you eat peanut butter in any significant amount, you had better need all the extra calories.

if u like 2 binge on peanut butter like me but don't want to get fat, buy pb2. it's 45 calories per tbsp instead of 200, but the g of protein is the same. you mix with water to make as creamy or as thin as you want

The fuck is happening in this post? This reminds me of that bean-boy story. Who the hell puts so much energy into peanut butter to the point where they actually begin mapping out store routes based on their selection?

Most commercial peanut butter has a bunch of oils, added sugars and salts that aren't that healthy but can't be that bad if you're not guzzling down a jar a week

I'd imagine plain peanut butter that is just peanuts can't be that bad, just as good as peanut butter, maybe a little too overprocessed?

tl;dr go with 100% peanuts, peanut butter, don't guzzle it down though

spoonful of organic peanutbutter crunchy with a banana pretty great quick meal, i usually wash it down with coffee

i fucking hate people who are able to have self control around the stuff.

i don't even buy the stuff with added sugar, just the kind made of peanuts and nothing else, but i still can't keep myself from finishing it off in less than two days.

i'm not overweight or anything but i usually avoid the stuff because it's way too easy to go overboard.

Its got a ton of protein and also a ton of fat. So its caloric but also filling so it can help you lose weight.

Also its comparatively cheap.