If humans lived forever, we could read an infinite amount of books

if humans lived forever, we could read an infinite amount of books

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1993/02/08/opinion/a-brief-version-of-time.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no because at some point it would become impossible to create new books thus creating a limit for the maximum amount of books to be read

>implying actual infinity

The vast majority of which would be unintelligible gibberish and 90% of the remainder not worth while
Don;t bother with sauce either

If you were an infinite number of monkeys you'd still fail to type a single word because you're a complete mong

wtf now i hate being mortal

Nope, you could just make books longer.

it's neat considering that at this point all the longer books would be made up of shorter books that already exist

Indeed, ad infinitum
What a curse immortality would be
The embrace of death will be so much sweeter than that of the most beautiful and caring woman could ever be

id read her book if you know what i mean

Literally borges Biblioteca de Babel

>not learning languages instead
>not just sticking to the classics

Acquirit qui tuetur

>tfw Christian
>tfw hoping Borges is right and Heaven is a giant library

t. virgin

If Borges was right, you worship a false god and there is no heaven.

Or you could read absolutely nothing, because you always think there's time for it later.

nytimes.com/1993/02/08/opinion/a-brief-version-of-time.html

I pity your lack of imagination. To think that, even after an infinite amount of time, still no book would be written that could compare to a finite number of "classics" chosen by someone else. Given absolute free reign you would choose to box yourself in.

If humans lived forever, we would have come to terms with our mortality, so we wouldn't read much at all.

This, we only accomplish stuff because we have a limited time on earth.

If humans lived forever, we would get to hear the punchline to The Infinite Joke

If humans lived forever there would be no motivation to write books, or do anything for that matter. No existential pathos, no art.

>we could read an infinite amount of books
But there exists only a finite number of books.

I'd like to see Veeky Forums chime in on this, but if humans lived forever, it seems to me that the infinite number of books that we'd be able to read would be a negligible amount (approaching zero), seeing as every individual would in turn, have written an infinite number of books in his lifetime.

And if we continued to reproduce as a species (and the amount of terraformed living space weren't a problem), then that would add yet another level of a very serious order of infinity.

Food is better than sex

This Book Will Save Your Life sounds like a bad book.

Not really.

You eating bad food

aye your mum's cooking is not comparable to her fucking

hello Veeky Forums

Agreed.