I'm aware of Veeky Forums and pretty much Veeky Forums entirely's opinion on psychology. Is neurology just as bad...

I'm aware of Veeky Forums and pretty much Veeky Forums entirely's opinion on psychology. Is neurology just as bad, or is it ok? Pic unrelated, of course.

Neurology is more than ok, it actually treats diseases.

Neurology is psychology. Both fields are converging at a rapid pace. Veeky Forums's autism is about clinical psychotherapy, not research psychology (which is heavily tied in with neuroscience) per say.

Cognitive Science BTFO both neuroX and psychology desu.

At least they're doing lots of good research.

thats a boy

Just because you spent too much time on /b/ and /gif/, doesn't mean everything feminine is male.

In fact, that everything feminine is male follows from a well-known corollary to Barnett's Second Lemma

neurology is hard science, so yes, it's fine.

not at all. psychology utilizes neurological data in the same way astrology utilizes astronomical data.

Social/Behavioral Psychology = Soft science that brainlets study.

Neurology/Neuroscience = Hard science based in biology, chemistry, and physics. Brainlets need not apply.

>neurology

Let me tell you everything neurologists know: We don't know shit about how the brain works.

Cognitive Science = Medium Hard science and the future of research on the human brain with actual results.
If you take the good courses in a good uni and not going in the Psychology path, 100k BSc starting.
Kek

that's not lain you fucking poser.

lain is obscenely overrated, btw.

haibane is great, however.

I been meaning to get around to watching Haibane.

I like Lain because she's a cute. I wouldn't say it's overrated, I think it has too many hipsters that say they liked it.

The convergence is between those two in clinical neuropsychology.

Psychology more generally is fundamentally/ systematically a different approach than neurology. Clin neuropsych is on a spectrum between the two.

Agreed. Cog sci seems to be the future, as it beautifully integrates neuro, psych, phil, comp sci, and ling.

There are mounds of "overspecialized" data (for lack of better term) in each field that desperately need integrating with related fields, and currently Cog Sci departments are the only one spearheading that movement.

kek and checked

Don't fight, bros. Instead, let's all love Lain.

>100k starting for knowing elementary programming and how to collect EEG data

Haha, okay.

pretentious crap.

>listening to sci
>listening to Veeky Forums

except if you actually take into account they can manipulate variables / do quasi experiments

Seriously?

Everyone in any field can also do this.

don't listen to Veeky Forums or anyone on Veeky Forums. most of these people are in high school and have never held a real job. parrots, all of them.

so can an astrologist lining up data on human behavior and star signs.

>his worldview literally centers around working for somebody
and you know it's true because we aren't even talking about careers.