Taking regular study breaks is a meme that only brainlets adopt. I study till lunch, take 1...

Taking regular study breaks is a meme that only brainlets adopt. I study till lunch, take 1.5 hours to eat and freshen up, rinse and repeat for dinner. Why the fuck can't you sit for 4 hours straight to do something. I'm sure you've sat way longer taking exams, don't tell me that exams are different.

What do you eat that takes 1.5 hours?

Same here, but I think people should do whatever makes them happy
I sometimes just eat 2kgs of vegetables with some red meat or fish

Because I have ADHD.

Of course exams are different, are you stupid?

He means this is his pooping time

>That pic
I do this sometimes. Shouldn't I?

>not mastering the art of the micro study
>wasting huge chunks of the day instead of just carrying a comprehensive set of notes that you review at convenient times in the day

It's not a question of not being able to you tard, it's a question of maximising brain efficiency. You can sit in your chair for 4 hours studying, but if you'd stopped every 45-55 minutes for a 1 minute break, you'd actually get MORE done.

>1 minute break

I occasionally zone out for minutes at a time while studying. How is 1 minute a break?

>he has to review

You're right I'd really like to know why it is that I could spend 16 hours straight tinkering with something like programming or Linux, but can only hardly manage to stand 20 minutes of studying maths. I need maths to dive deeper into the CS and do more than pajeet tier programming. How can I gain the ability to study longer? I've even tried some memes like Pomodoro but that actually seems to make it worse because when I do get into it then a break comes up and its hard to build up momentum again.

What do you think studying is?

I think it's related to the level you're already at, and your motivation to work on the problem at hand. You're learning math as opposed to using it to work on some problem. I'd imagine that once you're already somewhat competent in whatever field it is you're working in, its much easier to get into the zone and just grind at it for hours upon hours.

>Why the fuck can't you sit for 4 hours straight to do something

Because the brain utilizes different networks for observing a fact and for integrating the fact into cross-checking meaning networks and other calculations.

Giving your brain a break allows it to cross-reference immediate facts with the body of experiences and intuitions you have.

Which is why you should also take a walk (if you're oriented towards being introverted). You pay attention to the pretty grass while networks in your brain do a lot of heavy lifting.

>study for 3-4 hours sober
>eat
>pop a ritalin
>race through another 3-4 hours without being bored

that shit is amazing but i'm guessing it's not sustainable

Yeah the boredom thing is the real motivation killer for me. It really makes you question whether you should really be studying X if X makes you bored. Particularly when X has nothing to do with your major or career path and you're just learning it because you thought it was interesting. If it is supposed to be enjoyable but it's not, there doesn't seem to be any reason to do it.

We're talking about different types of boredom I suppose. Mine comes from the need for constant repetition. Are you american? I've seen the shit they make you take instead of offering a straight-forward path to a degree. I guess you just have to justify it in a way, "I have to pass this so I can do the good stuff". It's weak, I know.

>needing to actively study

is this what a brainlet's life looks like?

Then treat studying like an exam. Sit in a fucking library and do a problem set in timed setting. Now that wasn't too hard. ADHD is like Depression, it's uncurable because it doesn't exist.

It's either you're taking a really easy course or you have an IQ of 200.
>not needing much practice to hone your problem solving skills

how well do you retain the information tho

>he has to study

about the same level of retention for written information that i've went through just once, ergo patchy at best, significantly better for visual information like graphs, schematics and molecular structures, it's like they're being stamped onto your 'minds vision'

i'm doing a lower dose than a standard one for adhd treatment because i just need the motivation really