Do we really need scientific progress?

Do we really need scientific progress?
Would life be so much worse if we still had the technology of 1800?

That's human nature, to seek for information, to seek for answers, if you really even asked yourself that question you're a brainlet and don't even try to pursue a career in STEM.

>"Papa, I have a toothache"
>"Well I guess me and your mother need to have another dozen kids so the one who lives can replace you"

No, but it's generally nice. I enjoy my dental care and not dying from inflamation of the appendix.
Imagine a world however where medical advancements wouldn't also lead to our population ever increasing at insane rates. Now that would be max comfy.

It would be a lot shorter, that's for sure.

No.
No, we'd be better off, less stress, more time with nature and subsequently god.

Next time you feel like posting stuff on the internet, try writing something on the ground with a stick and then praying to god so he can send the message for you.

Yes, that's how things work in nature.

>Would life be so much worse

Science is not just for improving life.

No, let's all go shit in a cave and rape cavewomen.

fucking gold

>Would life be so much worse if we still had the technology of 1800?
Would life be so much worse if 1/4 of the population were dying before reaching their 20's from tuberculosis alone?
Would life be much worse if most people had to work 16 hours a day to be barely able to eat?
We can only wonder my friend.

No to all of those questions.

kekkers

I prefer not having smallpox and making fun of people on an anonymous Kazakh meditation board desu

gotta conduct research 4 dat synthetic watermelon

(((science))) was a mistake

Well I like not dying of easily preventable diseases so yeah

I did, that's how I sent the message in the first place. Thanks for your concern. May you find Jesus in your life.

it would be exactly the same, only dumb futurists in denial will tell you otherwise

I wouldn't be able to get my wisdom teeth out easily without the use of drugs.

We do stuff like this for the glory of mankind.

Science seeks knowledge beyond it's applications. It's human nature to try and make our lifes comfortable.

You do because even if you dont a group of people somewhere will, then they will be more technologically advanced, then they will able to enslave/kill you that much easier

>muh god

thank god we don't live in the 1800s when people had no access to information and attributed everything to an imaginary god

Humans are closer to K strategists than r strategists. We have single children, not litters. Decreasing infant mortality just helps.