I am the guy who got offered by a literary agent last week. Well it turns out she wants $2500 to represent me...

I am the guy who got offered by a literary agent last week. Well it turns out she wants $2500 to represent me. She said their cost is $5000 but they will split it. and they can get my book into book stores and get me tons of reviews and coverage. She also said that this is the industry standard. Should I do it or am I about to fall into a trap?

It's a scam senpai

I laffed.

stap it goofy

Just from this post; your writing is really poor and you probably shouldn't go for it, because I imagine your book will be shit.

Haha Veeky Forums is THIS insecure about their writing that they tear apart internet posts? Do you think I'm 100 % on this forum? You would shit yourself if you saw my prose buddy :)

Feel free to post it

Post book then I will decide

the only things you should pay upfront for are hookers and drugs

I'm not even that user but feel free to fucking kill yourself you autistic faglord. I'm so sick of these prose double dog dares. You're a faggot. How's that for prose

Renaldo realised, with a sort of laugh, that every joke he had recently heard had been told by himself, to himself, and at his own expense.

>;

hmmm

Scam.

Don't give money to business gremlins.

Self-publish until you can hook some interest from real people - y'know, readers.

Industry folk aren't real people - they're vampires.

Here, I'll correct that for you.

>Renaldo realized, his laughs becoming absently quieter in his thought, that every joke he'd heard was one he'd told himself, jokes made only for his ears made by him alone. He was the joke and he continued to be so, allowing himself further to be the reason for his laughter.

Git gud.

>She also said that this is the industry standard.
She's lying and trying to scam you. A cursory google search could have told you this.

>absently quieter

>posts on Veeky Forums
>gets published

this is the plot to my DFW fanfiction

>that'll show him

In publishing, as in modeling, if the agent asks you for money for any fucking reason at all, it's a scam.

Scam, don't give her anything. Maybe do some google searches first.

nice copy pasta.
alittle short but none the less quite meme

your prose sounds like that of an edgy fifteen year old.

Who is she?

Reddit tier garbage.

At least it led me to get a literary agent :)

Or a trap.

>paying an agent directly
>paying an agent before book sales

If you live in America, this is a scam. They probably have some vanity press they're partnered with.

That is so bad I honestly don't know if you were being ironic or not.

>scam
>literary agent
I think you're confused.