What does the bible says about males being promiscous?

What does the bible says about males being promiscous?

Which one?

There's like eleventy Bibles.

old and new testament.

Read The God Delusion instead. :^)

It says it's bad because it wasn't written with the idea that decent birth control would ever exist.

“If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death” (Leviticus 20:10)

yeah, but what if the other girls are virgins or are single?

then they are the property of their father, and you shall not diminish their monetary value

this and there were not "single girls" in the levant in the late bronze age.

Then you have to marry her. If you fail to do that, refer to

It says you've just bought yourself a one-way ticket to Sheol, lover boy.

I thought Leviticus laws didn't count anymore?

They don't. They were laws for Jewish tribes when they lived in the wilderness. Went out of effect a couple thousand years ago.

Well, in general, you could have many wives/concubines. The key thing is that you had to marry or officially assume "ownership" of the women you wanted to fuck. And of course, adultery was a big no-no.

Jesus fulfilled certain laws like that and others (such as circumcisions, which is kinda weird it's so standard in the US); “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

Literally who cares. We all only follow God's plan anyways. If you were to sin it'd be because God wanted you to do so. So be at ease, God has already granted you your path.

Calvin a shit

Also this thread is giving me tons of open marriage advertisements

Calvinism is the only way to make monotheism logically consistent. And it is the more humane and merciful interpretation.

Just don't commit adultery and only have sex with a girl if you intend to be with her and care for her (with the intent to marry eventually). There are guys in the Bible with multiple wives who fuck their maids for more children. The Bible is far more strict with women and sex.

FORNICATORS WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD

The true one.
The Old & New Testament.

t. Heretic
Oh wait you're a Protestant so it makes sense.

This. Those who believe that God is the cause of their sins are cherry-pickers.

>Calvinism is the only way to tweak the scriptures to our preference, but it's only to make them more humane and merciful I swear
Fixed it for you lad.

>the universe always conduces itself to the most stable, optimal form
>God clearly designed everything in the best possible manner
>if this is so, free will is only a perception He has given us to keep us content
>we believe we have the option to do whatever we please, but God has also given us our thought, emotion, and reason, which He knows will make us act in a certain way

How is sinning not God's fault?

Bible?

More like bye=bull, amirite.

If sinning were God's fault, then He would never of have given us the Ten Commandments to follow. This, in and of itself, is sufficient evidence to prove that we are in fact free; and for those who'll say that God is all-knowing & therefore knows He what all of our actions will be in advance, let me propose to you the notion that simply because God knows what the end result of our action will be does not necessarily mean that He has chosen our actions for us. It means that we have decided them ourselves, but God already knew what we would decide on.

>birth control
Nice meme, birth control is still a form of contraceptive.

This tbqfhdesusenpai

From 1 Corinthians 6, 12-20

“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

1 Corinthians 7, 25-35

Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy. Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for a man to remain as he is. Are you pledged to a woman? Do not seek to be released. Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife. But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.

What I mean, brothers and sisters, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they do not; those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

Also in Romans 1, 25-32. Although it is in reference to Idolators

They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Is there any other reason for being a Christian when you're young except the small possibility that you'll die unexpectedly?

Christian values are good for family life and old age but not when you're young and want to sow your seeds.

And a conversion to Christianity washes all your previous sins, so the best plan would be to do it as late as possible.

Although as previously mentioned, it's all good and proper for family life, so no need to wait too long.

How am I not correct in this?

>And it is the more humane and merciful interpretation.
Most Calvinists I know IRL are more like "Well I'm going to be saved, but tough luck for people who aren't Christians. Other forms of Christianity aren't tough enough to face the facts that it is just part of God's plan for certain people to go to hell and there's nothing they can do about it."

This desu. According to the rules of this earthly system, humans still hold immediate responsibility for their actions.

>And a conversion to Christianity washes all your previous sins, so the best plan would be to do it as late as possible.
You have to seriously repent though. If you've done serious damage to people, and you're truly penitent, you will try to make it up to them.

why is it whenever anybody has a question about christianity it's always about the fug?

>not being pagan

Wew