Tfw you listened to all 1079 pages of ij and don't really know what you're supposed to take from it but also understand...

>tfw you listened to all 1079 pages of ij and don't really know what you're supposed to take from it but also understand that it might be beside the point

Anyone else here too stupid for literature?? How do I fix this? Please don't suggest start with the Greeks I'll cry

Is every character besides Mario, the blockhead guy supposed to feel soulless??????

>listened to

Audiobooks are trash that should only be used after actually reading a text to get a better understanding of it. Reading is an exercise, if you're using audiobooks it's the equivalent of eating fried chicken while walking on a treadmill.

OP pic could be a decent Gately

Why did you bother to type out such a predictable reply? OP knew it was coming, everyone who read the OP knew it was coming, wouldn't it be nice if we left the low hanging fruit alone once in a while?

Don't feel bad about Infinite Jest, you're supposed to feel like you've missed something but can't seem to find it. It's not there. It's all a trick DFW is playing on you. "It's so deep, you just wouldn't understand it", there is nothing to understand, it's just some silly meta-joke with the book's title. The book is postmodernism to the core, no matter how deep you dig, there's just another layer of obfuscation confronting you.

How do the footnotes work on the audiobook?

I read the first 300 or so pages but it was taking me so long that I decided to try audiobook.

I used the book for those. They come in a separate audio book. It will just say the number in the main audiobook

Yeah, that book is a bullshit meme.

So you're not reading the Greeks?

>You're so edgy OP.
Read the dammmm book!

Well you sure as hell aren't going to get any faster if you keep listening instead of reading

its alright. continue reading and you'll get better at discerning shit.

discuss it with people, see what others got from reading it, read other peoples reviews and analyses etc. find the sort of books you're actually interested in instead of reading whatever Veeky Forums memes at you.

at the end of the day, it may just be that some books aren't for you, but my bruh, literature really is for everyone.

try reading it instead of listening and you may catch a thing or two

>addiction is bad

wow that was such a deep and hidden meaning!

Start with the Romans

After you read through it for the first time you are ready for your first true reading of IJ.

That's your fault for reading shitting literature.

What if I'm reading scifi trash or something

If its really old I'll listen to it because its like a play

I don't really see how an audio book of IJ could work. It's a lot of footnotes.

Not every character, just the ones afflicted with addiction

Figure out a way for me to read while driving and I'll stop using audiobooks.