Is there any modern-day philosopher offering practical advice to live life that isn't complete horseshit?

Is there any modern-day philosopher offering practical advice to live life that isn't complete horseshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gwUJHNPMUyU&ab_channel=tvochannel
youtube.com/watch?v=ON7-czEM4Ms&ab_channel=MentalTrenerPodcasten
youtube.com/watch?v=u6CsGY8wpGw&t=943s&ab_channel=JordanBPeterson
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>8849488
Jonathan Haidt and Jordan B Peterson

But you should take from the stoics, they really had their shit together, jsut adapt it to modern day and turn it down a notch

Evola

Your best bet are youtubers, no joke. If you're an insecure teenage girl go to Zoella, if you're a beta whiteboi go to Stefan Moleneyeux. Either way you're just looking for an absent parent or older sibling.

my diary desu

The Last Psychiatrist.

Modern-day philosophy is not about offering practical advice.
You are looking for another Alain de Botton, but with a higher status that would enable you to not give up your elitist self-image, don't you?

There is, OP.

I second Jordan Peterson. His wisdom is mostly spread out across his youtube-material so to get a full grip of his philosophy you'll have to commit to some research. Here's a few favorites that might get you started;

youtube.com/watch?v=gwUJHNPMUyU&ab_channel=tvochannel
youtube.com/watch?v=ON7-czEM4Ms&ab_channel=MentalTrenerPodcasten (this one has more of a self-help/practical theme)
youtube.com/watch?v=u6CsGY8wpGw&t=943s&ab_channel=JordanBPeterson

>Modern-day philosophy is not about offering practical advice.
that's the problem with it desu desu

THIS, FUCKING /OURGUY/

Zizek

> His wisdom is mostly spread out across his youtube-material

Is this satire

Well he has all his university lectures on his Youtube-channel so, no it isn't satire.

>pratical advice

Fuck off you pleb

That's funny since that's exactly a sentiment shared by Botton in half of his videos. You should seriously try his School of Life, I bet that you won't regret.

>You are looking for another Alain de Botton, but with a higher status that would enable you to not give up your elitist self-image, don't you?

That's some textbook projection there. Reading others through your own insecurities are not going to make them go away bro.

Slavoj Zizek.

thanks, I'll give it a try. I remember seeing a TV show years ago where he interviewed Crass and he came across pretty well there.

zizek's bartleby "I would prefer not to" thing is kind of the leftypol version of ride the tiger I guess.

None.

Because philosophy is about wisdom.

And the modern mind is completely incapable of comprehending wisdom. It reacts in disgust when presented with any.

yes. pierre hadot.

his 'what is ancient philosophy?' is a must. go read it. NOW.

and thank me later.

Surely reads as if it is...

>Jordan B Peterson
He's not a fucking philosopher. He's a psychologist giving self-help tips.
And his suggested reading includes Jung and Neechee. Why do you think he looks so miserable, have fun with your schizophrenia.

Ok now tell us what you really think

What does the voice in your head tell you i'm thinking?

The exact same thing except in chinese

>copout
k

Why would you want advice? How you live is meaningless. Do whatever the fuck you want. Or do you want someone else to tell you what you should want?

The baron

>Are there any modern-day self-help authors?
Yeah, OP, tons