ITT: Veeky Forumszens who made it

ITT: Veeky Forumszens who made it

>Mattis is known for a singular focus on military history, tactics and strategy, traits that, along with his unmarried status, led to his Warrior Monk nickname. He is said to have a personal library of 7,000 books and during deployments often took with him “Meditations of Marcus Aurelius,” quotes from the Roman emperor and stoic philosopher. His Mad Dog nickname appears to be a reference to his combative nature on and off the battlefield.

>The Los Angeles Times said Mattis is known as a hard-charging but scholarly leader who is as likely to quote from Shakespeare or Greek poets as military strategists in speeches.

Military strategy is just applied philosophy

Mattis is genuinely a highly intelligent and thoughtful person. He's also not a pussy.

so definitely not Veeky Forums at all.

It's too bad he became a shill for bad business after he left the service.

>"made it"
>unmarried military man

kek.

Yep.

He'd better not have his Defense Secretary nomination fucked up. Him running the Pentagon would be the best thing to happen to the military in decades.

Pretty based

Mike Tyson is another famous Veeky Forumsizen, becoming Veeky Forums after his stint in prison

10/10 would follow

James Franco

all i know of him is that incident where he relieved one of his officers of command, and also relieved him of all his ammo too

>likely to quote from Shakespeare or Greek poets

Wow, high school grade English education

>He is said to have a personal library of 7,000 books and during deployments often took with him “Meditations of Marcus Aurelius,”

Damn. Nice.

Rustled queef detected.

>I'm going to act impressed of sub freshman literary displayed by a top government official because its politically expedient

You' fucking pathetic

>Written among the Hadjis at Fallujah

>unmarried
Closet gay that is still compensating with a military career and pseudo intellectualism. Very Veeky Forums.

>politically expediant
What on earth are you talking about?

You know what, stop playing pussyfoot son

>On December 1, 2016, President-elect Donald Trump announced that Mattis would be nominated to serve as United States Secretary of Defense in the coming administration.[4]

If this guy were some local kid you'd call him a pretentious pseud and make a fedora joke.

Fuck you cuck

Based Trump picked him because he's a Napoleon Tier military genius
Just because he doesn't read your nu male poetry

Faggot MAGA cuck Nu-male Muslims fuck Trump (((them))) media know virtue signalling anymore you redpilled

correct

somehow the sam hyde thread will spill over into this

i cannot wait for 200+ replies

>>I'm going to act impressed

If he truly does have a library of 7,000 books that is genuinely impressive.

>of sub freshman literary displayed

Do you really know what all 7,000 titles in his library are? I don't. Why are you doing this? Why are you pretending to know more about his taste than you could possibly glean on such limited information?

And how pseud do you have to be to write off Marcus Aurelius as "sub freshman" lit? Are you serious? You think after a certain stage people should be "done" reading Aurelius then? There's no more need for a man to continue reading him later in life at all?

If anyone is being pathetic here it's you. Go and be a buttvexed twat somewhere else.

You can be down syndrome and own a ton of books, doesn't mean shit

You lost. Accept it already.

Enough of your pseud-addled displays of resentment. Aurelius is "sub freshman"... what a fucking ivory tower pussy you are.

A subtle way of starting a Sam Hyde thread.

>shit he has me
>I'll just start repeating myself and be more obnoxious, that usually works

Nickname(s)
>"Chaos" (callsign)
>"Warrior Monk"
>"Mad Dog

>>shit he has me

I should be saying that about you. And you know it too. The second you showed how pseud you were by writing off Aurelius off as sub freshman you knew you tripped over yourself.

>chaos
kek wills it

this is clearly a shitpost but I still agree with it.

Someone call Hiro thread must be bugged seeing duplicates being posted

>Ultimately, a real understanding of history means that we face NOTHING new under the sun. For all the “4th Generation of War” intellectuals running around today saying that the nature of war has fundamentally changed, the tactics are wholly new, etc, I must respectfully say… “Not really”: Alex the Great would not be in the least bit perplexed by the enemy that we face right now in Iraq, and our leaders going into this fight do their troops a disservice by not studying (studying, vice just reading) the men who have gone before us.

>We have been fighting on this planet for 5000 years and we should take advantage of their
experience.

>I have a problem with those who carry an ahistorical view of war into acceptance of the latest bumper sticker; war in its various permutations is not new to me and some folks have glommed onto 4th Generation of War concepts to say everything is new, history has little (no?) place anymore because of how different things are, etc.

reactionary af

i wonder if he's read evola

You vastly over estimate the awareness of Evola outside this forum

You were so triggered and deluded that you tried to claim (and still claim, apparently) to know what all 7,000 titles in his library are.

You literally cannot save face ITT.

>The second you showed how pseud you were by writing off Aurelius off as sub freshman you knew you tripped over yourself.

That's true though, any high schooler can pick up some Aurelius quotes, sure you could have some more sophisticated reading of The Meditations but where's your proof Mad Dog does anything but reduce it to naive platitudes that only suits his own previously inclinations?

I do though, I have the full list. They're pretty laughable

If I ever make it, I'll come back to Veeky Forums for a Q&A.

Not sure about Mattis, but Steve Bannon mentioned both Dugin and Evola in a speech once.

I'm not going to do the same thing that the other pussy wounded user is doing. I won't speculate because I don't know.

All I'm saying is on the surface of it 7,000 titles in a library is clearly impressive and anyone who'd try to arrogantly purport otherwise is very clearly in denial and annoyed over something else.

post list or some link to it

You do realise you can exchange books for money right?
Have you ever bought a book? Because that would explain a lot

Can't, its classified and I don't want to get v&

well golly gee i neva knew u cld do dat betta git ter sum "REEEDIN" now!

You really are such a fucking try hard, cunt.

His fedora is fine because he's a general. If he were a guy from your class citing Shakespeare and the Greeks and carrying Meditations in his pocket you'd call him a pseud neckbeard.

>2016
>Unironically bein' a Meditations-readin', Aurelius-fellatin', Stoic-lovin' cuck

Do people even read this stuff?

The Stoics were pathetic. The Meditations were the writings of a man who won much but lost more - a loser, in the end. I'd be more impressed if he lived in a barrel and told Trump to get out of his sunlight.

6/10.
Might get a few.

>wasting your time on marriage

stay pleb

I wasn't actually baiting. This is genuinely what I think.

Veeky Forums's fascination with Aurelius and his Meditations has always been lost on me - particularly if they've read the Greeks, as they allege, who are better by every metric. Aurelius wrote in Greek, which should tell you something.

>I wasn't actually baiting. This is genuinely what I think.

I thought you were intentionally lampooning a younger poster. That edgelord pic. The Diogenes reverence. Fairly stereotypical of younger posters around these parts.

If only he wrote his own Meditations.

Mattis is a giant cunt.

Gay. I guarantee it.

I think it's important to try to appreciate a work of art or thought apart from stories about the artist or thinker, but since Meditations is useful insofar as it's a manual for living well, I have trouble taking seriously the advice of a man who used massive amounts of opium to cope with a publicly adulterous wife.

>Alex the Great

Aaand dropped.

Double winking?
Anywho what does he read?

Cast your spells somewhere else.

>you are either a virgin or you marry

keks

That is the joke, dumb dumb.

He's intelligent and a strong person
he is the antithesis of Veeky Forums

Why aren't these threads deleted?

Supposedly he's reading just about every minute he's not on camera. I've heard interviews mention Camus and Ulysses but I think both of those were when he was on Freaks and Geeks.

Wonder how long before he becomes too exasperated with Trump's functional illiteracy and mouths off and gets replaced.

The OP mentions the word Book, thus its on topic

Because this is a board on Veeky Forums, laidback, detached topics like this are the norm. We're not here to be the serious republic of letters you didn't manage to be part of irl.

>lmao Drumpf can't read aren't I so smart I'm way smarter than DRUMPF!!!! LMAO did you know that DRUMPF can't read!?

I'm sorry for your unpresidented triggering